Fans want Kolb as Starter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poll asks who people think WILL be the week 1 starter, not who people WANT to be the week 1 starter. Big difference.

Well, if you want him to start, you think he's better than Kolb (or will be). Then you would vote him as the likely starter. Not a big difference.

Let's wait until training camp and pre-season to make that determination. If Manuel looks halfway decent, I say start him.

I agree that we should wait until training camp and pre-season but I would put in whoever is playing the best no matter who it is. This team wants to win this year and the best QB should be playing.

Well, if you want him to start, you think he's better than Kolb (or will be). Then you would vote him as the likely starter. Not a big difference.

There is a HUGE difference. I personally want EJ Manuel will be the week 1 starter, however, I think Kolb will be the week 1 starter. Not because I think Kolb gives us the better chance to win, but because I think the coaching staff will want to bring Manuel along slowly. If I voted in this poll, I would have volted for Kolb....not because I want him to be the starter like the OP suggests.

Poll asks who people think WILL be the week 1 starter, not who people WANT to be the week 1 starter. Big difference.

That's James Walker for you, he'll set a poll asking one question then posts an article putting out something else as a fact with the poll being his proof.

I honestly fail to see why people hate Tim Graham so much, he was better by miles.

Is there anyone that DOESN'T want Manuel to win the job? I want him to look so amazing that Kolb doesn't have a chance in hell.

I don't think that's going to happen, but that's the ideal scenario.

That's James Walker for you, he'll set a poll asking one question then posts an article putting out something else as a fact with the poll being his proof.

I honestly fail to see why people hate Tim Graham so much, he was better by miles.

As a reporter, Graham is light years ahead of Walker. Why? Because he has a pulse.

People hate Graham because he's a fussy, childish, snarky little worm.

There is a HUGE difference. I personally want EJ Manuel will be the week 1 starter, however, I think Kolb will be the week 1 starter. Not because I think Kolb gives us the better chance to win, but because I think the coaching staff will want to bring Manuel along slowly. If I voted in this poll, I would have volted for Kolb....not because I want him to be the starter like the OP suggests.

So you are saying that there will not be a true QB competition? Or, if there is, that even if EJ is the better looking QB up to week one, the staff wouldn't start him?

I don't believe that, so that's why I said what I said.

So you are saying that there will not be a true QB competition? Or, if there is, that even if EJ is the better looking QB up to week one, the staff wouldn't start him?

I don't believe that, so that's why I said what I said.

What I am saying is that the creator of the poll, and the author of the article, is providing misleading information. Saying that based on the results of the poll, that Bills fans "want Kolb to be the week 1 starter" is misleading. In fact, I think if you asked a sample of Bills fans who they WANTED to be the week 1 starter, I would venture to guess that the majority of fans would pick EJ Manuel.

I think the author (intentionally or unintentially) is furthering the notion that the Bills made a mistake drafting EJ Manuel where they did.

I understand the notion of misleading. I personally am fine with us starting Kolb, hold for a few games, let him hold onto the ball too long and get another concussion. EJ comes in, ready for the speed, takes his lumps and we go 8-8. He comes in the following year, we hold our good people which is what good teams do like Cincy right now, and we with another draft and free agency have the team needed to really compete and hit the 11-5 mark with a playoff birth and at least one whipping of NE.

What? There is a big difference between "who do you expect to start" and "who do you want to start". I want Manuel, but I don't expect the Bills to start him

What I am saying is that the creator of the poll, and the author of the article, is providing misleading information. Saying that based on the results of the poll, that Bills fans "want Kolb to be the week 1 starter" is misleading. In fact, I think if you asked a sample of Bills fans who they WANTED to be the week 1 starter, I would venture to guess that the majority of fans would pick EJ Manuel.

I think the author (intentionally or unintentially) is furthering the notion that the Bills made a mistake drafting EJ Manuel where they did.

I get that part. But I don't think there is a huge difference. I don't see how you would think EJ is the better player, yet doesn't get the start. Or why if ou don't think he will be the better QB, you would wnat him to start anyway.

Yeah, I actually sent a message to Mr. Walker when I read his headline. I voted that Kolb would be. If I was asked who I wanted, it would have been Manuel. Dont like how the poll gets twisted into something else.