RIP Jeff Hanneman

Jeff Hanneman, founding member and guitarist for Slayer has died of liver failure at 49. The spider bite he suffered that sidlined him may have been a contributing factor. Damn sure going to miss the man who co-wrote Angel of Death and Raining Blood - I was just cranking Raining Blood yesterday on Sirius as I came home from the airport.

My guess is that he'll be permanently replaced by Gary Holt of Exodus who has filled in for Jeff recently - the last 2 Slayer shows I saw had Gary instead of Jeff.

Damn sad day if you're a metal fan....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/02/showbiz/california-jeff-hanneman-obit/index.html

RIP, one less Jeff in the world...

I do NOT want to run into the spider that kills you with liver failure a year later.

Seriously.

I could not imagine how it gets to the liver yet other tissue and organs do ok...

Man, I was totally the kid that was in the right place and time for the Big 4 in High School. Every time they've toured in Oz & they toured often, I've seen them. Whilst the inner struggles that made me feel important with Slayer are long gone, I still love listening to Sayer, particularly before gym. RiP to a game changer, few of us have made such a change, thank you.

Not my style of music at all but holy crap the buzz this news is making among people I know is huge

Huge metal head in the day and still crank it when I'm in a foul mood.....so daily. :D

Seriously though that sucks.

We just had the 3 year anniversary of Peter Steele's death.

I saw Jeff in concert a number of times over the years. I use to spend hours playing through my Slayer Tab books growing up.

And almost 3 years since Ronnie James Dio died......

RIP, one less Jeff in the world...

I could not imagine how it gets to the liver yet other tissue and organs do ok...

The whiskey helps it along to the right places.

Slayer Guitarist Jeff Hanneman Died of Alcohol-Related Cirrhosis

To be fair the spider bite really did mess up Hanneman and he was in dire straits because of it. Sad time. He was a true pioneer. Your first slayer show, when they came out on stage and started playing and you honestly questioned if you were gonna make it out alive was always a seminal moment in a young mans life.