Who would you place at all time best LB?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to go old school on this one and go with Mike Stratton, form back in the 60's. He was a punisher (what older Bills fan doesn't remember the hit on Keith Lincoln in the championship game!

Totally agree, that hit changed the AFL forever, and raised the bar towards parity

Ray Lewis was more of a "defender", LT was more an "attacker". Ray Lewis was "try to get past me", LT was "try to stop me".

I never heard anyone say "Lawrence Taylor is overrated". I have heard (and thought myself) "Ray Lewis is a bit overrated".

If I needed a guy to make one tackle on goal line stand I'd have to go with Ray Lewis. Never saw him choke in a big game. LT was only 30 when we played them in SB25 & he was a shadow of his former self. Ray Lewis was leading a goal line stand in the 4th qtr of this past SB at age 37.

Lewis simply was more determined, focused & wanted it more than LT.

I have to go LT...or Jack Lambert. I am old enough to have seen Butkus, but, for some reason I don't really remember seeing him much...guess we didin't get a lot Bears games back then. I don't feel qualified to have an opinion on him, though no doubt he was great. The guys I have seen, Lambert and Taylor...

If I needed a guy to make one tackle on goal line stand I'd have to go with Ray Lewis. Never saw him choke in a big game. LT was only 30 when we played them in SB25 & he was a shadow of his former self. Ray Lewis was leading a goal line stand in the 4th qtr of this past SB at age 37.

PED's have come a long way.

I think that you have to separate OLB and ILB because after Lawrence Taylor the positions have become so different. At OLB, it has to be Taylor. He simply redefined the position. At ILB there are lot's of worthy candidates: Butkis, Lewis and Nitschke would be my three but I would lean towards Butkis. Of the three, he played on the worst teams by far and still dominated without all the talent around him that the other guys had, especially Nitschke.

That's one of the more irresponsible remarks I've seen posted here in quite some time. You couldn't be more wrong, and I'll leave it at that.