Rd 7, Pick #222: TE Chris Gragg - Arkansas

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russ Lande's view:

http://www.nationalf...ml&player=38468

ProFootballWeekly also had good things to say about him.

Hey, he's a 7th round pick. He lacks size, but his redeeming quality is speed. Perhaps the Bills got lucky that he was injured last year - without the injury he might've gone higher. As with all late picks, more suspect than prospect.

That's a decent evaluation for a 7th round pick. He has speed and potential. Most 7th rounders are huge longshots.

Interesting stuff to chew on here. Before the draft we had, for offensive weapons, Stevie Johnson, Graham, Easley, Chandler, Dickerson, Spiller and Jackson. With our draft we added a player who is almost a copy of Graham (though Goodwin is more solid than I thought), and now Gragg, who is almost a copy of Dickerson. You hear a lot about how Pettine wants to run a hybrid, multiple type defense - well, it looks like Marrone and Hackett want to have a lot of interchangability on offense, too.

It's pretty cool that our slowest skill man on offense is Stevie Johnson. That could bode really well for us. Now it's just about a certainty that on every offensive play - regardless of what formation we're using - we'll have at least one player, maybe up to 3 or 4, who 4.4 or better. I'd say we should be able to take advantage of a lot of linebackers this year.

However it pans out, it is obvious now that Hackett and Marrone have a definite plan of attack, and the overall philosophy just has me excited. With a Pettine defense we shouldn't have to score 30 points a game to win. I believe we'll be in the thick of things come December, for a change.