Rd 7, Pick #222: TE Chris Gragg - Arkansas

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not from me. If you don't think this isn't a very different draft you've been living under a rock.

Yeah, this draft was a good one for us (although, there were a lot of teams that had good drafts this year). I noticed another thing, too, that was a bit unusual. Since Fitz was cut, and Gailey / Wannstedt fired, or since Marrone and Pettine were brought in - it just seems like when the announcers were referencing Buffalo, or when the Bills were being talked about, there was no longer that sort of - chuckling-behind-the-scenes, "they're a joke" type treatment. It felt as if Buffalo was being talked about like a team that has a chance, and as a destination that is something other than "a wasteland".

He was a really good TE for us, injured a lot of last year. He was the #1 TE at the combine in like 4 areas. Started off as a WR but moved to TE, really athletic pass catcher. Not a great blocker but still i cant believe some of the TEs that went ahead of him. Some highlights of him:

On that film, on the 3 and 10...this guy had the key block that sprung the RB for 12.

one more haha

Nice sneak route.

I don't know. He appears to be an "adequate" blocker. It's not for a lack of effort, but I can see how it's not his strength. His strength is getting 5 yds past the line and turning on the jets.

The trouble is: the fist 5 yards. But who knows? For a 7th? I am talking about things I expect to see out of a 3rd/4th.

It's hard to have a problem with this pick.

I like the value of this pick...You get a TE with legit NFL speed and some nice raw tools...Coach him up and he could provide yet another mismatch speed-wise on an Offensive Team that is going to have an awful lot of speed at the skill positions all over the field...Yet another pick that...if you believe in these Coaches...looks pretty good on paper... B-)

Very concerned about the injury potential, but 7th rounders aren't usually worth getting very concerned about. There seems little doubt that the Bills got better with this draft, though a lot of sources cited EJ's accuracy as spotty, which is not what you want to hear about a 1st round QB. I'll lay money he's still way better than Fitz was.

There seems little doubt that the Bills got better with this draft, though a lot of sources cited EJ's accuracy as spotty, which is not what you want to hear about a 1st round QB.

He does have the third highest completion percentage in the history of the ACC, one point from the top.

I like the value of this pick...You get a TE with legit NFL wide receiver speed and some nice raw tools...Coach him up and he could provide yet another mismatch speed-wise on an Offensive Team that is going to have an awful lot of speed at the skill positions all over the field...Yet another pick that...if you believe in these Coaches...looks pretty good on paper... B-)

Fixed it for you. :thumbsup:

He does have the third highest completion percentage in the history of the ACC, one point from the top.

FSU fans will tell you that his completion percentage is because of his wide receivers. Well he'll have some good wide receivers with the Bills too (much better actually, relatively).

FSU fans will tell you that his completion percentage is because of his wide receivers. Well he'll have some good wide receivers with the Bills too (much better actually, relatively).

And those fans would be very misinformed. Stats are often misleading but you cannot have a career completion percentage of 66.9% at the same time as you have a career yards per attempt of 8.6 without being accurate.

I should also point out that there were no Florida State receivers or tight ends drafted this year.

Back to the thread topic, Chris Gragg.

And those fans would be very misinformed. Stats are often misleading but you cannot have a career completion percentage of 66.9% at the same time as you have a career yards per attempt of 8.6 without being accurate.

I should also point out that there were no Florida State receivers or tight ends drafted this year.

Oh, I agree. Just wanted to say that if they use that argument, the counter-argument is he has even better receivers to throw to now. And at best I see Rashad Greene being drafted from that group, at least right now.

Back to the thread topic, Chris Gragg.

Love the potential. 6'3" and 244# with 4.40 speed. Now he just has to produce.

Oh, I agree. Just wanted to say that if they use that argument, the counter-argument is he has even better receivers to throw to now. And at best I see Rashad Greene being drafted from that group, at least right now.

Love the potential. 6'3" and 244# with 4.40 speed. Now he just has to produce.

For a person of his height he has very long arms along with an explosive vertical jump and broad jump:

http://footballsfuture.com/2013/combine/te.html

Don't know if it translates to being a football player but I liked his limited video.

He was a really good TE for us, injured a lot of last year. He was the #1 TE at the combine in like 4 areas. Started off as a WR but moved to TE, really athletic pass catcher. Not a great blocker but still i cant believe some of the TEs that went ahead of him. Some highlights of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_hU0uwtQOY

One thing clearly came out of that video.

The Arkansas QB sucked.