Reasons This Has Been an AMAZING Draft

Boludo

Without making any predictions about any specific players, I like the strategy and plan the Bills pulled off. Went in with 6 picks, walked out with 8. QB, WR, LB, WR, DB, DB, K, TE. They didnt get cute, quite the opposite actually. Able to get their guy, and gain picks. Addressed our biggest needs, no real head-scratchers.

That being said, I'm personally psyched to see what they do with Manuel and all these weapons. And really hoping the D is as aggressive and nasty as it can be!

Edited by DrDareustein

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now look at these UDFAs we've signed immediately after the draft!

Jeff Tuel, QB, Washington State

Drew Smith, RB, Albany

Da’Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech

Brandon Kaufman, WR, Eastern Washington

Ryan Turnley, C, Pittsburgh

Keith Pough, OLB, Howard

Jumal Rolle, CB, Catawba

Jordan Dangerfield, FS, Towson

Edited by DrDareustein

I appreciate the enthusiasm but I think any evaluation of the draft at this time is comical. The truth is that even professional scouts are often wrong. And we fans are mere children compared to them when it comes to our knowledge of college players. How many people here on TBD wanted to draft Matt Barkley and Ryan Nassib in the first round? Apparently none of the professional talent evaluators deemed them to be even 2nd round talents. We fans might get lucky and guess right once in a while. But even the draft grades of Kiper, Mayock, McShay, etc. mean nothing. None of them know how these players will turn out. None of us know.

As a Bills homer, I'm inclined to think it was a good draft because that's what I want to believe. I'm excited because if all these players live up to their potential, the Bills will finally return to the playoffs. But I really won't judge the draft until the season is well under way. And maybe we'll need to wait a year or two to truly evaluate it.

The Bills draft, in my opinion is best summed up by the song "It's Time" by the "Imagine Dragons."

In fact, this song says a lot about our fan base as well. Agree to disagree is fine; But without music,

life would be a journey through the desert. Absolutley a fantastic draft. As a 39 year fan, I'm proud.

Lou

Most of us thought TJ Graham was a reach last year... but we were told the Bills front office knew what it was doing. One year in, Graham doesn't look like anything special.

Calling Graham not anything special is the highest praise I have seen of him since he started playing with the Bills.

drinking a TON of Robert Woods/Kiko/Da'rick/EJ Manuel kool aid.................this draft is solid, especially if this tight end can help out..............forgot to shout out our new kicker Dustin Hopkins..........welcome aboard..................feels like this house has been flipped....love it.........

Key word of this draft: SPEED. Position players can fly. They might not win alot of games this year but this team will be entertaining.

i hope that the coaches are really preeching downfield blocking, these guys all seem like they are made for "open space".

Edited by swnybillsfan

You kidding me? They got Da'Rick Rogers as an UDFA? I thought he was projected like the 3rd round?

04/24/2013 - 2013 NFL DRAFT RANG'S GANG: Wide Receiver: Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech, 6-3, 217, 4.50...In terms of physical talent, Rogers might just be the best wide receiver in this draft class. The number of mishaps he had at Tennessee which led to his abrupt dismissal by then-head coach Derek Dooley and Rogers' transfer to Tennessee Tech is the reason he'll slide on draft day. Boasting a superb combination of size, athleticism and toughness, Rogers can be a Pro Bowler if he is committed to the game. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout

drinking a TON of Robert Woods/Kiko/Da'rick/EJ Manuel kool aid.................this draft is solid, especially if this tight end can help out..............forgot to shout out our new kicker Dustin Hopkins..........welcome aboard..................feels like this house has been flipped....love it.........

THIS!!! Please pass me the Kool Aid!!! I might need seconds!!!