Mike Mayock Mock

Kirby Jackson

Mayock is someone that I usually like. He has Austin to the Bills. I think that all of this QB at 8 may be a smokescreen so that no one jumps in front of them for Austin. If they stay at 8 I think that he may be the pick.

in his mock, Dee Milliner, Chance Warmack & Dion Jordan are all still on the board. all of them are better than Austin.

Just a an awful mock by Mayock

I honestly don't think he got a single one right in the top ten

Okay. So here's the link:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/mike-mayock/171006

In an interview with Darius Slay, he said Patterson was the hardest guy to cover in the sec.

Well, Austin played in the Big East.

Do you actually think he has more in common with Green and Jones, or Ginn and Parrish?

Steve Smith? DeSean Jackson?

Good reference.

Re Austin: http://www.pro-footb.../R/RoyaEd00.htm . Note the trajectory.

Royal was drafted 42nd overall. He's not in the same class as Austin.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think of him as way too small to last very long.

Have to get him the ball relatively close to the line as he'll get lost down field at his size.

He MIGHT be great, but I'd rather have a "normal sized" prospect than swinging for the fences with a VERY undersized guy.

Austin would not be a favorite pick for me. I think it is too risky given his lack of size.

Is Darren Sproles to short sir???

I got 'em beat.

1. KC- OL Joeckel

2. Jax- DL Jordan

3. Ariz- trade w/Oak- OL- Fisher

4. Phi- OL L. Johnson

5. Det- DL Ansah

6. Clev- CB Milliner

7. Oak- trade w/Ariz- DT Floyd

8. Car- trade w/Buf- WR Austin

9. NYJ- DT Lotuleli

10. Ten- OL Warmack

11. SD- OL Fluker

12. Mia- TE Eifert

13. NYJ- LB Mingo

14. Buf- trade w/Car- QB Nassib

15. N.O.- S Vaccaro

16. StL- WR Patterson

17. Pitt- LB J. Jones

18. Dal- OL Cooper

19. NYG- DT Richardson

20. Chi- LB Ogletree

21. Cin- DT S. Williams

22. StL- S Cyprien

23. Min- WR Hopkins

24. Ind- DL D. Jones

25. Min- LB Te'o

26. GB- S Reid

27. Hou- WR Hunter

28. Den- DL Werner

29. NE- CB Hayden

30. Atl- DL Carradine

31. SF- DT J. Williams

32. Balt- WR Woods

Okay. So here's the link:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/mike-mayock/171006

Well, Austin played in the Big East.

Steve Smith? DeSean Jackson?

Royal was drafted 42nd overall. He's not in the same class as Austin.

So was desean jackson(49th overall), who happens to be six feet tall. He also has a similar trajectory to royal: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackDe00.htm

Edited by dave mcbride

Sorry.. we need a bigger receivers.. not smaller..

Totally agree! My dream (and realistic) scenario would be a trade down and pick up an extra 2nd so we could be comfortable in taking our biggest needs in the first 3 rounds in QB, WR, LB and TE...1. EJ Manuel (Most upside of the QBs) 2a. Justin Hunter (also would be happy with Keenan Allen or Robert Woods) 2b. Kevin Minter (or Arthur Brown) 3. Vance Mcdonald (or highest rated TE on Bills board)

Size has not effected Welker all that much. Austin played RB to in certain packages and had over 70 carries last season. He could be a match up headache. He can stretch the field on the out side freeing up the underneath for RBs and TEs. Could be a very good pick because he is a game changer.

So was desean jackson(49th overall), who happens to be six feet tall. He also has a similar trajectory to royal: http://www.pro-footb.../J/JackDe00.htm

My point was why are you comparing Austin to Royal?

It's a bit of a bizarre comparison.

Minor quibble but this last year West Virginia moved to the big 12.

You're right.

Anyways, Frogger quotes a guy (Slay) who didn't even play against Austin this year.

The reason the Bills have missed the playoffs the last 13 years is lack of an undersized, slot receiver. Are people serious with this? I think Austin is a very good football player but I will absolutely lose it if he is the pick. I know you aren't really allowed to hit in the NFL anymore, but the guy will break. Harvin is a bigger guy and he struggles to stay healthy.

Receivers are the last piece to add to a team. Larry Fitzgerald is an animal and he was wasted because of the team around him. The 3 best slot receivers are Welker, Cruz, and Amedola. None were drafted. If a receiver isn't an freak (Calvin Johnson), it is a waste of a top 10 pick. He's a better player but this would reek of Roscoe Part 2. TD would approve.

Just saw Austin clips on NFLN. He is TINY. Handed the ball to the ref, who was at least 8 inches taller..

Who needs a QB, LB, TE, or Guard when you can get a tiny slot receiver in the top 10?

I love great guard play as much as the next guy but to pick Warmack ahead of a guy who is a legit threat to make big plays with every touch makes no sense to me.

Warmack would actually make a contribution on each play, Austin will only matter on his catches and maybe manages to turn his speed into an extra TD once a season. Probably spends half his time injured anyways.

Just saw Austin clips on NFLN. He is TINY. Handed the ball to the ref, who was at least 8 inches taller..

Yeah he is tiny.

That's definitely a concern.

Anyways Mayock's draft is a bit odd.

He has the three OTs and Sharrif as his first four, and then he goes Ansah to Detroit, Geno Smith to the Browns, Jonathan Cooper to the Cards, and then Austin to us.

That leaves Dion Jordan and Dee Milliner still on the board for the Jets.

I like Austin as a player but i'm not thrilled about the idea of taking him 8th overall. This seems like a deep draft for WRs and we'd be able to find one in the 2nd round if we see it as that big of a need.

I agree.

He was my flavor of the day (more out of boredom) but now that I've settled down a bit I'm in full backtrack mode.

:D

:lol: on the NFL website is states "one mock to rule them all"

"The more I thought of Austin and the hole the Bills have at receiver -- with nobody but Stevie Johnson -- the more I said, 'They've got to generate some touches for an explosive playmaker,' and that's who Austin is. Forget 173 pounds. It doesn't matter."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/mike-mayock/171006?pickId=2539336

I know Mayock stated recently "he" thinks the team should go O line. From my perspective Kevin Kolb is another Losman / Edwards waiting to happen, so many sacks. A QB can't get the ball down field if he is on his back or running for his life.

True, the BIlls do need a WR or two, a TE,and a QB. Build a better line first darn it.

I agree.

He was my flavor of the day (more out of boredom) but now that I've settled down a bit I'm in full backtrack mode.

:D

Just don't think you need him at 8th overall. Especially with this roster. WR is a huge need, but it's supposedly a deep draft at that position. I wouldn't like the pick but how badly i'd dislike it obviously depends on how the top 7 shakes out and who's on the board for us.

:lol: on the NFL website is states "one mock to rule them all"

"The more I thought of Austin and the hole the Bills have at receiver -- with nobody but Stevie Johnson -- the more I said, 'They've got to generate some touches for an explosive playmaker,' and that's who Austin is. Forget 173 pounds. It doesn't matter."

http://www.nfl.com/d...?pickId=2539336

I know Mayock stated recently "he" thinks the team should go O line. From my perspective Kevin Kolb is another Losman / Edwards waiting to happen, so many sacks. A QB can't get the ball down field if he is on his back or running for his life.

True, the BIlls do need a WR or two, a TE,and a QB. Build a better line first darn it.

If one of the remaining top OT's is available to us i wouldn't have a problem with that pick. But you don't draft guards in the top 10. The pro bowl guard we just had and let walk away was a second round pick, you can find interior linemen. If the tackles are off the board i'd be okay with whichever QB they like(I'm a Barkley guy) or their highest rated defensive player.

The reason the Bills have missed the playoffs the last 13 years is lack of an undersized, slot receiver. Are people serious with this? I think Austin is a very good football player but I will absolutely lose it if he is the pick. I know you aren't really allowed to hit in the NFL anymore, but the guy will break. Harvin is a bigger guy and he struggles to stay healthy.

Receivers are the last piece to add to a team. Larry Fitzgerald is an animal and he was wasted because of the team around him. The 3 best slot receivers are Welker, Cruz, and Amedola. None were drafted. If a receiver isn't an freak (Calvin Johnson), it is a waste of a top 10 pick. He's a better player but this would reek of Roscoe Part 2. TD would approve.

Who needs a QB, LB, TE, or Guard when you can get a tiny slot receiver in the top 10?

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about Austin...Like the player, hate the fit at this point in time for the Bills...Just hate it...

And I don't care how good he was in College...And I admit he was very, very good...Projecting a 5-7-172 slot WR to be worthy of a Top 10 pick is one hell of a risky projection...The players in the NFL that are Austin's size that produce at a top 10 level can be counted on one hand and you'll have a couple of fingers left over...It's beyond a risky projection...And for a team with as many needs as the Bills have, it's just a dumb luxury-pick at this point IMHO...

But this (Drafting Austin at #8) would be right up Buddy's alley...I would not be surprised at all if Austin is the pick...Pissed?...Yes...Surprised?...Nope... B-)

Austin is not fragile. He split time at RB. Had 72 carries, The kid can play. Not saying they should take him at 8 but there are not many eye popping difference makers at the offensive skill positions in this years draft.

I'd say he has more in common with Spiller, as in being a serious threat to score every time he touches the ball.

I he were blue he'd have more in common Farmer smurf. He'll last 23 weeks in the NFL. Those 23 weeks will be spread over 5 years. NO WAY.