Mike Mayock Mock

Kirby Jackson

Absolutely.

Bill Polian today said this of Austin, "No WR that small has had a long and productive career since around 2002 so if you take him, your bucking the odds"

Given the status of this team, can it really afford to roll the dice on Austin? If Dion Jordan is there, it would be the height of foolishness to pass on him for a mini-receiver.

Meh.. Steve Smith, Desean Jackson, Welker, Santana Moss are not huge guys..

He is better than Roscoe Parrish.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Polian today said this of Austin, "No WR that small has had a long and productive career since around 2002 so if you take him, your bucking the odds"

And he would be correct. I would ALMOST prefer that they draft a corner. :lol::D:lol:

Edited by Bill from NYC

But Russel Wilson is too short as well right guys.. if the guy can play it doesn't matter..

It absolutely does matter...Because all the guy has done is excel in College...It's a projection just like every other prospect coming in...There are no certainties coming from College...It's all projection...And that's exactly why Russell Wilson was a 3rd Round pick...Now, in hindsight we can say Wilson was worthy of a Top 10 pick...But that's because he excelled IN THE NFL as a Rookie...Austin has done no such thing...And outside of Wes Welker neither has any other WR close to Austin's size...We're talking about #8 overall here!!! It's a monster gamble to take a 5-8-172-slot-smurf at #8 overall and expect him to live up to that value...

I really find it hard to believe that there are Bills fans talking themselves into Austin as the pick...One thing I've clearly become sick of writing over these years is the statement..."I hope I'm wrong..." But if the Bills Draft Austin at #8...well...Here we go again...And I do hope I'm wrong... <_<

Edited by KOKBILLS

It absolutely does matter...Because all the guy has done is excel in College...It's a projection just like every other prospect coming in...There are no certainties coming from College...It's all projection...And that's exactly why Russell Wilson was a 3rd Round pick...Now, in hindsight we can say Wilson was worthy of a Top 10 pick...But that's because he excelled IN THE NFL as a Rookie...Austin has done no such thing...And outside of Wes Welker neither has any other WR close to Austin's size...We're talking about #8 overall here!!! It's a monster gamble to take a 5-8-172-slot-smurf at #8 overall and expect him to live up to that value...

I really find it hard to believe that there are Bills fans talking themselves into Austin as the pick...One thing I've clearly become sick of writing over these years is the statement..."I hope I'm wrong..." But if the Bills Draft Austin at #8...well...Here we go again...And I do hope I'm wrong... <_<

i would like to reiterate my opinion.

Austin is a Playmaker and i can see him being a monster asset.

I dont consider him a reciever per say. Heck the guy had 70+ rushes. Thats nuts to me.

We have Spiller who also can line up as WR too.

It would just drive defenses nuts with so many disguises available and mismatches a plenty.

But i do not consider him The Buddy Nix wide receiver And i agree we really need a big fella on the outside who can run and get to the ball and make it his. And that guy should line up outside all day. we dont have that unless they have a feeling about Easely coming around (not me much) .

If buffalo stays at eight i am fine with either T A or Warmack.

Chance is going to be solid or better and lining him up next to Glenn could be pretty dominant. He is just a darn solid pick who will probably pro bowl in short order and can start right away.

They still have holes to fill of course. and really need more picks and I hope they make a couple deals BUT......

If the Bills pick one of these guys thats fine. If they cant move. And have confidence they will get their QB. Thats another story though isnt it?

Enjoy the Draft everybody!!!!

Go Bills

Edited by 3rdand12

The reason the Bills have missed the playoffs the last 13 years is lack of an undersized, slot receiver. Are people serious with this? I think Austin is a very good football player but I will absolutely lose it if he is the pick. I know you aren't really allowed to hit in the NFL anymore, but the guy will break. Harvin is a bigger guy and he struggles to stay healthy.

Receivers are the last piece to add to a team. Larry Fitzgerald is an animal and he was wasted because of the team around him. The 3 best slot receivers are Welker, Cruz, and Amedola. None were drafted. If a receiver isn't an freak (Calvin Johnson), it is a waste of a top 10 pick. He's a better player but this would reek of Roscoe Part 2. TD would approve.

Who needs a QB, LB, TE, or Guard when you can get a tiny slot receiver in the top 10?

WOW!!!!! Are you starting to come around to my way of thinking lol? :D

Great post!!!!!