If the Bills had the #1 Overall pick

I'm in the boat that the Bills (and sabres fwiw) Have never been bad enough to get that top talent or good enough to win anything. I know it is hard to root for you team to lose, but if the bills had the first pick in the draft this year would we still want Nassib?? or possibly one of the LT that are projected to go first overall. I personally would have a hard time trusting bills brass to make the right call. My pick - Dion Jordan. Guy is gonna be a freak IMHO.

Edited by Don't stop billievein

I'm with you on Jordan. I believe this guy is the next Javon Kearse in the NFL. Will blow up on the scene like Kearse, or Aldon Smith or JPP.

He will be a supreme talent immediately and for quite a while, barring injury.

If we had #1, we would also have #33.

So we could afford to trade out of #1.

That said, I've been saying for years, if there's a player you want, get him. Dont worry about Mel Kiper's "value" ratings. In 3-4 years most of the guys drafted this year will be out of the league anyway. If you think a guy is an NFL player, take him and dont worry about criticism or "value."

That said, if we didnt trade out of #1, I'd go QB. Whichever one we think is best. I dont care about "value." I care about finding good football players. And without a QB we are spinning our wheels. Dont tell me we can get a QB with #33 (in this hypothetical). We want the best QB. Dont gamble that he'll be there at 33, or that you can just trade back into the bottom of round 1. Dont gamble.

Get me a QB please.

Yeah - it's funny that this question is posted, because it seems like we'd be in a similar situation at number 1 as we are at 8, except the one difference would be we could DEFINITELY trade down, whereas we only might be able to trade down at 8. All the players projected to go in the top before us are players at positions of strength for us, except Dion Jordan, who I also would take, although I'd consider trade downs, as well.

I think Buffalo could trade down very easily this year, but they might have to accept less than the "slotted" value for doing so - maybe only getting a second and a late round pick to move back 10 or more spots. Still, if they don't want to go all in on a QB, I'd do it, because with our roster that's potentially 2 more starters, or contributors, on the cheap.

I'm in the boat that the Bills (and sabres fwiw) Have never been bad enough to get that top talent or good enough to win anything. I know it is hard to root for you team to lose, but if the bills had the first pick in the draft this year would we still want Nassib?? or possibly one of the LT that are projected to go first overall. I personally would have a hard time trusting bills brass to make the right call. My pick - Dion Jordan. Guy is gonna be a freak IMHO.

If we had the #1 pick, this would be an EASY draft to predict through rounds one and 2 for us. We would almost certainly take Dion Jordan then grab the QB they like at the top of round 1. The ONLY reason we will go QB at 8, is because several teams ahead of us in round 2 could easily take a QB and leave us with left overs. However, picking first in round 2 means we would have at least a few guys there we could take. Small chance we take Geno/Barkely #1, but I still think Dion would certainly be the guy.

the less risk the better in round 1...you gamble in later rounds.

so, if forced to use the #1 overall, in THIS years draft, i'm taking one of the Left Tackles.

ALL the top defensive players, including Jordan, come with more risk.

I already said Jordan :thumbsup:

some haven't picked tho. Just snuck out of the incredibly hard question. Everyone wants to judge this GM for being an idiotic, unintelligent, slack jawed yokel from Alabama for his decisions, but many wont out it out there who they want. But come draft day, Buddy Nix will be the most unintelligent football person alive while all the Internet tough guys will be Mel Kiper from their laptops.

Not pointing anyone out here either by the way. Just saying in general. Was a very simple question by the OP but people maneuvered around it first chance they got.

The bills don't have a qb. They can't win without one. Dion Jordan gets them to 6-10. The question is how do you maximize your draft pick total while still drafting the qb you really want in the first round?

your skating around the question. Pick the player you want most. Forget draft day trades ever existed. An fwiw, I think Jordan may be the best player in this draft when all is said and done. I'm not hiding from that comment and if I'm wrong ill own up to it. Just my opinion.

your skating around the question. Pick the player you want most. Forget draft day trades ever existed. An fwiw, I think Jordan may be the best player in this draft when all is said and done. I'm not hiding from that comment and if I'm wrong ill own up to it. Just my opinion.

I dont think you are alone in that opinion. I also think guys like Jarvis, Joeckel, Warmack, Vaccaro, Fisher, Miliner, Cooper, Eifert and Rhodes are going to go on and have pro bowl type careers. Funny, as we are not expected to draft any of those guys really lmao

Edited by Alphadawg7

some haven't picked tho. Just snuck out of the incredibly hard question. Everyone wants to judge this GM for being an idiotic, unintelligent, slack jawed yokel from Alabama for his decisions, but many wont out it out there who they want. But come draft day, Buddy Nix will be the most unintelligent football person alive while all the Internet tough guys will be Mel Kiper from their laptops.

Not pointing anyone out here either by the way. Just saying in general. Was a very simple question by the OP but people maneuvered around it first chance they got.

I'm not skating around the question at all. I think most here are thinking tactically instead of strategically. Dion Jordan means nothing without a qb. Even if he had 15 sacks next year, they'd still be 6-10 - akin to the henne-era dolphins with cameron wake (who is a beast). Get a qb and then think about the other positions.

I'm not skating around the question at all. I think most here are thinking tactically instead of strategically. Dion Jordan means nothing without a qb. Even if he had 15 sacks next year, they'd still be 6-10 - akin to the henne-era dolphins with cameron wake (who is a beast). Get a qb and then think about the other positions.

ok. Your clearly in the "can only win with a Franchise/MVP type QB" crowd. That's fine, for the 4th time now between myself and the OP, pick the damn QB that you absolutely can't live without in this draft. Edited by mrags

i think Jordan will be a bust and so will Patterson. I also think Star Lotulelei and Ziggy Ansah will end up sucking. Any of the other non-QB top guys listed would be fine by me. LTs, Milliner and even Vaccaro. I'd be iffy on Sharif Floyd.

ok. Your clearly in the "can only win with a Franchise/MVP type QB" crowd. That's fine, for the 4th time now between myself and the OP, pick the damn QB that you absolutely can't live without in this draft.

I don't know because i don't watch much college football. It's not like i'm spending my saturdays cycling between oklahoma, usc, and syracuse games. Anyone here who tells you otherwise is lying. I'm talking about a general principle.

I don't know because i don't watch much college football. It's not like i'm spending my saturdays cycling between oklahoma, usc, and syracuse games. Anyone here who tells you otherwise is lying. I'm talking about a general principle.

well that's a fair enough explanation. I also don't skip through college games either but I have seen more than 5 and probably less than 10 videos on this forum alone in the last few weeks of who would be available. Hell, there's a different topic on just about EVERY QB available this draft class up until about round 4 projections. Then there's Jordan, Patterson, Hunter, Woods videos as well. I mean, c'mon, you can't go more than 5 posts down the main page without seeing at least 1 topic on one of the guys that we should or could take at 8.

You mean to tell me you don't have a single opinion of anyone? Hell, who's name do you like more? How bout hair color? Anything.

Anyone here who says they cycle through college football games is lying? Lol. You're absolutely incorrect.

I'd take geno. I think he's the best QB.

Edited by NewEra

Anyone here who says they cycle through college football games is lying? Lol. You're absolutely incorrect.

I'd take geno. I think he's the best QB.

i didn't even want to tough that part. There are guys here that literally live college ball. And I have no doubt they've seen most of the players that will be drafted and have opinions on many of them. But that's besides the point. People are skating around the question. If your not comfortable answering the question, you probably shouldn't be commenting in a thread that asks who you would draft if you could choose anyone in this draft.

And thank you for your Geno pick. You clearly get the point of the OPs question.

One unnamed GM was quoted today as saying that he thinks that there are only 13 players who are legitimate first round talents.

On top of that there are not many elite talents in this draft.

And even the so-called elite talents are all flawed. For instance, I love Dion Jordan but he's had a bum shoulder which has prevented him from working out and improving the one area where he needs to improve the most -- his strength.

Milliner has some medical concerns and it was recently revealed that he's already had 5 football-related surgeries.

I believe (and I'm not here to debate it) that O-line and D-line are basically non-need positions for the Bills.

So, I would probably draft Jordan because even though we have Lawson and Mario manning the OLB spots, Jordan is too revolutionary of a talent to pass up. He could be blanketing Gronkowski on one play and sacking Brady on the next. In the hands of a good DC like Pettine, he could be an incredible weapon.

Personally I would take EJ Manuel second. His talent is off the charts and I think he could become a great player.

And btw, the Bills have to consider drafting Austin, for the same reasons that they were compelled to draft CJ Spiller.

In years past, this would have been a much easier question to answer.

well that's a fair enough explanation. I also don't skip through college games either but I have seen more than 5 and probably less than 10 videos on this forum alone in the last few weeks of who would be available. Hell, there's a different topic on just about EVERY QB available this draft class up until about round 4 projections. Then there's Jordan, Patterson, Hunter, Woods videos as well. I mean, c'mon, you can't go more than 5 posts down the main page without seeing at least 1 topic on one of the guys that we should or could take at 8.

You mean to tell me you don't have a single opinion of anyone? Hell, who's name do you like more? How bout hair color? Anything.

I do look at stats, production etc., level of competition, etc., but I don't know what to take from it. Landry Jones and Barkley were very productive, but a lot of people don't think too much of them for various reasons. I'm certainly not going to base my judgment of them on highlight reels. In the one game i watched barkley last year (against ucla), he made some good plays but also threw a bad short pick (bad read - it happens) and then got hurt. So i can't make any judgment based on that performance. I saw geno smith in the orange bowl the year before and he looked unstoppable, but the opponent - Clemson - didn't appear as if it had a remotely credible defense. The two SEC guys - bray and wilson - faced the best competition by far, and both were in majorly screwed up programs. So I don't know.

Edited by dave mcbride

This thread reminds me of 1985 when the Bills drafted Bruce Smith first overall when many wanted them to pick Doug Flutie. They made the right pick that year. On a side note, they did blow it when they drafted Derrick Burroughs at number 14, two picks before Jerry Rice was selected by the 49ers. I think Flutie was taken in round 11 by the rams, lol.

Edited by first_and_ten

i would take nassib i think he be just right for us and have a very good career with us im no expert but thats who i would take

i would take nassib i think he be just right for us and have a very good career with us im no expert but thats who i would take

you only get 1 first pick overall. Not 2.