Interesting Georgetown admissions policy...

http://www.avoiceformen.com/georgetown-university-and-men/georgetown-university-in-a-cover-up/

"…I can’t tell you how many applications I saw that were just dripping with white male privelege[sic]. Any of those that I saw basically went straight to the garbage can regardless of how good their qualifactions [sic] were. If I saw an application from a white male that basically was just good test scores, and activities like chess club or math club or what not then it shows me this person is not interested in a diverse environment. Obviously he made no effort in integrating with minorities or to sympathize with them and is counting on male privilege to get in. So that kind of application should get ignored. In their place I admitted a female student. This goes double especially for math/science majors."

Makes my blood boil. I know it occurs in many institutions, but in this case, why do they allow a "grad student" to review applications? Isn't that the job of the admissions office staff (not students).

we will see -- if you read to the end, the story could be shaky but how georgetown is handling it makes it seem like theres a good chance its legit. i would guess during heavy times they might use a few grad kids to help process stuff and keep things moving efficiently.

Edited by NoSaint

One of the upsides to living in California is that we white guys are a minority, so we get special treatment for everything, and we finally get to whine about stuff like equality based on the color of our skin.

The downside is I never learned to speak Spanish so I'm usually the last man standing outside Home Depot.

http://www.avoicefor...-in-a-cover-up/

"

If I saw an application from a white male that basically was just good test scores, and activities like chess club or math club or what not then it shows me this person is not interested in a diverse environment.

What it tells me is that YOU don't think there could be "diverse minorities" in Math or chess club........................bigot !

Everyone knows math is just a tool of white male privilege used to oppress minorities.

And "chess club"...c'mon, everyone knows chess is racist, what with its racial overtones of white vs. black, and Whitey always moves first, to oppress the African-American pieces. They may as well call it Ku-Klux-Chess.

Everyone knows math is just a tool of white male privilege used to oppress minorities.

And "chess club"...c'mon, everyone knows chess is racist, what with its racial overtones of white vs. black, and Whitey always moves first, to oppress the African-American pieces. They may as well call it Ku-Klux-Chess.

Using her logic, I would have to guess the following "clubs" would also result in an automatic referral to the round file:

Wrestling

Football

Hockey

Ski Club

Figure Skating

Track (but only field events)

Drama Club

Audio Visual club

Computer Science club

Whereas certain clubs would be given an automatic approval:

Field Hockey

Volleyball

Women's Car Club

Dog Show Club

Dog Grooming Club

18th Century French Literature Club

Voter Registration Club

One of the upsides to living in California is that we white guys are a minority, so we get special treatment for everything, and we finally get to whine about stuff like equality based on the color of our skin.

The downside is I never learned to speak Spanish so I'm usually the last man standing outside Home Depot.

By the way, Happy Birthday you old fart. (Feliz Cumpleanos...there's your spanish lesson for the day)

Not bad.

now that is funny ****

Using her logic, I would have to guess the following "clubs" would also result in an automatic referral to the round file:

Wrestling

Football

Hockey

Ski Club

Figure Skating

Track (but only field events)

Drama Club

Audio Visual club

Computer Science club

Whereas certain clubs would be given an automatic approval:

Field Hockey

Volleyball

Women's Car Club

Dog Show Club

Dog Grooming Club

18th Century French Literature Club

Voter Registration Club

By the way, Happy Birthday you old fart. (Feliz Cumpleanos...there's your spanish lesson for the day)

Which list does Basketball fall under? :devil:

Was Sandra Fluke admitted for a "diverse environment" ? ?

One of my most enduring memories of college was the simple fact that "diversity," as practiced by those who preach it, is "surrounding yourself with people just like you, then celebrating the fact that everyone you don't associate with is different."

"Diversity," in general, and on college campuses in particular, is a complete joke.

Diversity only has merit when that diversity is amongst ideas, skills, and achievments: things that people earn or form on their own through their work.

Diversity is empty, shallow, and useless when that diversity is ethnic, gender, or sexuality based: those are meritless things that people were born with, and did nothing to earn or achieve.