Who will be this year's DRAFT SLIDERS AND BUSTS???

Nassib busts out early. -He's not that good of an athlete, and the speed of the pro game will be too much for him. -Barkley follows him shortly after for the same reason.

Jarvis Jones will be out of comission for most of his short pro career. Barkevious Mingo will eventually turn into a servicable linebacker, but probably won't see too many pro bowls.

Ziggy Ansah will be a perennial pro-bowler, as will Margus Hunt. I think Hunt's career will be shorter, but he'll put up some crazy numbers.

RPI's QB Mike Hermann, (If given the chance) will shock the football world.

Brady is probably the worst athlete in the NFL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't speak to Werner but having watched some videotape of Tank Carradine, there's one FSU pass rusher who's gonna be awesome IMO.

Well seeing as you're a Gator fan, care to comment on my opinion of Sharrif Floyd?

Sharrif Floyd is a heck of football player, but even a better person. A rough up bringing built character within him, and you're not going to find another player that plays as hard as he does every play. Muschamp even went as far as to say "I have two sons at home- if they end up like Sharrif I will consider myself a successful father." He's 6'3 300lbs, bench presses over 450 lbs, and ran a 4.92 40, so obviously he keeps himself in great shape. He's got really strong hands and a strong upper body. He had 46 tackles this past season, with 13 of them coming behind the line of scrimmage, 3 sacks, 2 blocked kicks, and a forced fumble. To put that in perspective, that is 13 more tackles than Marcell Dareus had his final year at Alabama. I think whoever ends up getting him will have a stud that anchors their defensive line for a long time, and he'll be one of the best DT's in the league. I think he is leaps and bounds ahead of Star Lotulelei. May not be the next Haloti Ngata, but he's going to be a heck of an NFL player.

Matt Elam on the other hand is questionable, in my opinion. I think he's a solid player, but may never be elite in the NFL. He's great against the run and is a very good tackler, but he gets beat through the air too much, and I think that was exemplified in the Sugar Bowl when Bridgewater tore them apart through the air. I hope I am wrong, because I love to see Gators succeed in the pros (except Brandon Spikes, f*** him). So I really hope he gets with a solid DB coach that can improve his pass coverage ability, because if he does, I think he then becomes one of the better Safeties in the game!

Sharrif Floyd is a heck of football player, but even a better person. A rough up bringing built character within him, and you're not going to find another player that plays as hard as he does every play. Muschamp even went as far as to say "I have two sons at home- if they end up like Sharrif I will consider myself a successful father." He's 6'3 300lbs, bench presses over 450 lbs, and ran a 4.92 40, so obviously he keeps himself in great shape. He's got really strong hands and a strong upper body. He had 46 tackles this past season, with 13 of them coming behind the line of scrimmage, 3 sacks, 2 blocked kicks, and a forced fumble. To put that in perspective, that is 13 more tackles than Marcell Dareus had his final year at Alabama. I think whoever ends up getting him will have a stud that anchors their defensive line for a long time, and he'll be one of the best DT's in the league. I think he is leaps and bounds ahead of Star Lotulelei. May not be the next Haloti Ngata, but he's going to be a heck of an NFL player.

Matt Elam on the other hand is questionable, in my opinion. I think he's a solid player, but may never be elite in the NFL. He's great against the run and is a very good tackler, but he gets beat through the air too much, and I think that was exemplified in the Sugar Bowl when Bridgewater tore them apart through the air. I hope I am wrong, because I love to see Gators succeed in the pros (except Brandon Spikes, f*** him). So I really hope he gets with a solid DB coach that can improve his pass coverage ability, because if he does, I think he then becomes one of the better Safeties in the game!

Thanks for analysis!! I was high on Elam but haven't seen a ton of him. I think that the Bills may draft a safety in the first 3 rounds so its good to hear some feedback from a fan.

No, I am pretty sure Aaron maybin qualifies. He was so bad that he gets to be included on every draft bust list throughout time.

That would be HILARIOUS!

Maybe just bring him up in every thread, about any draft. That would really be something...

"Who were the draft busts of the 2015 NFL Draft?.....Aaron Maybin!"

Very clever.

Thanks for the feedback.

I felt that his measurables did not translate to the field of play.

And of course I'm all for good people but that doesn't sway my opinion of his play.

I saw his two blocked field goals and like I said, he has nice short-area quickness.

The video I watched of Lotulelei was outstanding. He was a constant force.

Seeing where Floyd ends up going and how he ends up doing will be very interesting for me.

I mean the easy answer would be Mingo. He seems very one dimensional, and has well publicized attitude problems. DeAndre Hopkins potentially after trashing his hotel room at the combine. The term bust is relative to where they were taken. I wouldn't surprise me if Eddie Lacy doesn't turn out to be a starting caliber back, but then again he won't be taken very high.

Brady is probably the worst athlete in the NFL

True. But the game isn't too fast for him at all... I'm not a fan of Brady's, but above the neck, he is hard to beat. -Poised, fearless, accountable, and hungry. Worse still, he's durable, and has game-time smarts. Why the f@#*! can't we ever draft anyone like that?!

Alright.

In my spare time......

Who do YOU predict will be a bust in this year's class?

This is about 5 days premature isn't it?

Any "bust" predicted by us amateurs might not even be selected high in the draft.

Another highly-rated interior lineman who could bust is Georgia DT John Jenkins.

I watched a few of his games and he doesn't seem to have the fire in the belly, although his belly is quite large.

DT is a weird position. So many DTs are hyped up and grabbed high in the draft almost every year-- and yet so many if them bust out.

I recall that draft year with Ryan Simms (who I think was the 1st of a bunch of DTs taken)-- I think a lot of those guys busted.