RIP Pat Summerall

The man was stellar covering golf and tennis as well. They don't make guys in that mold anymore. Cosell couldn't hold a candle to this man. RIP

The vast majority of his career, Summerall was a play-by-play guy and was amongst the very best at it. Cosell was the color guy and analyst, like Brookshier and Madden were for Summerall. Two completely different jobs.

Cosell was a great host and commentator. Summerall was a great announcer and voice and straight man.

The vast majority of his career, Summerall was a play-by-play guy and was amongst the very best at it. Cosell was the color guy and analyst, like Brookshier and Madden were for Summerall. Two completely different jobs.

Cosell was a great host and commentator. Summerall was a great announcer and voice and straight man.

Thanks for the education. I vaguely remember Cosell on MNF, can't really remember his responsibilities.

Edited by WellDressed

I believe it was emptying the hotel mini bar

I vaguely remember Cosell on MNF, can't really remember his responsibilities.

Enberg isn't dead too is he? Did I miss that one? I recall in the early years Summerall was paired with Gifford on CBS

RIP. Sad day indeed. Summerall/Madden/Enberg/Olsen were staples of my football life as a kid and into adulthood.

Some one mentioned Brookshier, I recall him doing the old AFL games on NBC, think he did the Heidi Bowl, can't recall who he was partnered with in the late 60's, don't think it was Enberg back then