Have you ever worn Bills gear to an away game?

I've worn Bills stuff to a couple of Bills/Vikings games, as well as a Bills/Packers game. At the Packers game, I actually ended up sitting next to another Bills fan - what are the odds?! The fans were very respectful in Green Bay and we had some great conversations (I'd ask about players on their team, they'd ask about the Bills). The Metrodome is a different story - a few jerks up in the upper deck, but nothing directed at me.

I also wear an old-school Sabres jersey when they play the Wild. Never an issue.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have wore Bills hear in Cincy (3x), Indy (2x), Miami (2x), and Jax. Cincy isn't too bad just the usual good natured stuff. As long as your not wearing Black and Gold they aren't too bad. The Bills owning the Bengals for a while probably helps too.

Indy is a joke I don't know if anyone even said a word to us this past year. There were a lot of Bills fans there and we were pretty "visible" around town throughout the weekend and at the bars pregame. I at least expected some good natured banter c'mon Indy fans!

Jax is also a joke as we all know. It's too bad because the setup down there on the river is pretty cool. Stayed at crowne plaza across the river and hopped a water taxi over to the stadium. Only cost a few bucks and no open container restrictions. Tailgating is pretty weak and confined to an area under an overpass. A group of Jags fans were pretty cool though and invited us over for some shots and drinks.

Miami has gotten a little dicey both times I was there. First time we blew a 4th quarter lead so we didn't get much crap until after the game since it looked like we were in control. 2nd time was the slopfest a couple yrs ago when Freddy broke his leg. Awful game and Bills got destroyed. Had met up with the Bills backers down there and did the pre game party and arranged transportation from their meeting place in Hollywood. Awesome group and party but the combo of that and the game made for a less pleasant experience. Couple groups got aggressive with us.

Looking forward to doing New Orleans this year and possibly Jax again if I can combine it with a work trip.

Edited by billsfanmiami(oh)

ya, but I was smart about it.

Went to a Dolphins game with a Nate Clements jersey. My wife (a Dolphin fan) wore her Ricky Williams jersey. When you're with your wife (or girlfriend) it's cute and people laugh that you're together.

when you go alone or with a group of other fans for the opponent, you're just asking for trouble.

It's not right, but that's the world we live in.

Zubaz have a similar effect. No one wants to fight a man in thin, early 90s, red white and blue, animal print pants

Never, for any sport. Particularly when alcohol is involved. No point at all in painting a target on your back for every !@#$ at the stadium for no reason.

It's a shame it has to be that way (and it very much is an issue at the Ralph as well). but it is what it is.

Went to 2 Panthers vs Bills games wearing our red, white, and blue. You could tell they don't like that there's so many of us there, but no problems.

Fans here in Carolina are always pretty respectable... Even when I go to 'Canes games vs the Sabers wearing Buffalo gear, they are pretty hospitable... Us Buffalo fans run the place when we're here though.

Wore Bills gear to a Jags game in Jacksonville, and didn't have a problem... didn't have a problem getting a lower level seat either.

ya, but I was smart about it.

Went to a Dolphins game with a Nate Clements jersey. My wife (a Dolphin fan) wore her Ricky Williams jersey. When you're with your wife (or girlfriend) it's cute and people laugh that you're together.

when you go alone or with a group of other fans for the opponent, you're just asking for trouble.

It's not right, but that's the world we live in.

Wait... you married a dolphins fan!?!?! WTF man?

Fans here in Carolina are always pretty respectable... Even when I go to 'Canes games vs the Sabers wearing Buffalo gear, they are pretty hospitable... Us Buffalo fans run the place when we're here though.

Wore Bills gear to a Jags game in Jacksonville, and didn't have a problem... didn't have a problem getting a lower level seat either.

I went to a Canes Sabres game last year and there was definitely hostility. I actually sold two of my tickets on craigslist and the guy that bought them from me said "I would have never bought these from you if I knew you were a Buffalo fan". We beat them and there was a lot of yelling from Buffalo fans and Canes fans were getting pissed. I think there's a growing hatred towards us up there.

Yep, twice,Super Bowl in Pasedina when we got our asses kicked and Back in 91' when we played Oakland. We won in overtime. I was living in San Diego at the time.

The Black hole was actually kinda of fun, yea I got the business but they were cool about it. Actually made some friends in the parking lot after the game. Played a pickup game of Football after the game. The most fun I had at any away game. Raiders fans are cool even tho you might expect different.

I wore my Bills gear to Cinci and Indy. Indy fans were real quiet anyway and we got a few boos and some stares when my brother and I got really into the game but nothing to bad.

The cinci game was the one the Bills came back from 24 at halftime to win with Fitzy and Stevie having monster games. The first half was brutal. One guy told us before kick off he was going to bring back a black dildo and well you get the idea. His wife grabbed him and we never saw him again. By the end of the game, most bengal fans hated us, except for this 8 year old kid who loved us and wanted to be a Bills fan after the game. We changed a boys life that day :)

Actually now that I think about it, we may have scarred him for life :(

Steelers preseason game years ago....I caught some flak on the trolley, the city bus, using the restroom and got a full can of beer thrown at me in the parking lot. Would I do it again? Absolutely.

Yes, my son was in Pittsburg for two years, and tried to go with his Bills jersey on....BIG mistake. Steelers fans are not tolerant of other fans, and my son never wore his again in Pittsburg. ON the other hand, went to Baltimore a couple of years ago, and things were fine in the Ravens stadium. As for the comments on the JETs, would NOT wear Bills gear to the JEts/Giants facility...crowd is mostly mentally ill, and an incident is likely.

As for Buffalo, except for a few drunks, the fans are tolerant of other Jerseys. (I am a season ticket holder)

My mothers side of the family is from NY and they are Jets fans. I went to a Jets game when I was younger with Bills gear on and they didnt heckle me. I've also been to a few Pats games at Foxboro wearing Bills gear when I lived in Boston and fans didnt give me the business there.

However, Ive been to the Ralph with my extended family wearing Jets gear. Bills fans gave my Aunt, and Great Aunt a really hard time on the walk in and also walking up to the seats at halftime. Who yells at a 70 year old woman? I would just tell people to stfu and quit yelling at ladies.

The Ralph is a tough stadium to come into as an opposing fan. I've seen alot of fights between Bills fans and the opposing teams fans. Especially Raiders fans. I think Raiders fans put together bus trips because their always seems to be alot of them.

The Ralph is an awesome experience. But sometimes, whenever that amount of booze is flowing, people take it to the extreme. I dont drink like I used to, but those were some really fun parties back when when I liked to party. As long as people keep it fun when drinking, its a good time. Its like any other place you go to when there are massive amounts of booze being consumed. I had alot of fun with it, and so did my friends. We never caused trouble just had a good time....that is until the Bills lost and I wondered why the frick I spent an entire Sunday driving and spending money to watch the Bills get destroyed.

For those coming to New Orleans this year you can expect some good natured ribbing. There will be a couple of drunks yelling "Bills suck" and Who Dat". Most people will let you be and even invite you over for a drink.

For the most part they are not great football fans. Honestly the majority of them couldnt name 3 Bills. They LOVE the Saints but really don't follow the rest of the league too much.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Dodgers fans go to Arizona to watch team play Diamondbacks
  • Dodgers fans pay $3,000 apiece to sit in the ground-level suite directly behind home plate (where the fans are seen in their Dodger gear on TV on every pitch)
  • Diamondbacks owner sees this, and orders security to force the Dodgers fans to wear Diamondbacks gear

“Though the stadium was publicly funded, the Diamondbacks say they have the right to dictate what fans do and do not wear, just as teams can determine whether fans are allowed to bring signage into stadiums.”

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1316873

http://www.azcentral...heir-seats.html

What a load of crap. If I was one of those fans, I'd leave...but not until got my $3K back. We do live in the United States, right?

I've worn Bills gear to Philly, the Meadowlands, & Baltimore and have never had any trouble. The occasional heckling and ribbing, but it wasn't like I didn't feel safe. In fact, the Baltimore fans were the nicest to us - that was the game we were up 24-10 and lost on a BS call in OT.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Pretty normal rule of life: if you don't act like a douche, you won't get treated like one (also helps it you're decently sized). But honestly, I'm over the whole go to another stadium experience. I'd rather just watch the game at a bar in the city the Bills are playing. Too many loser fans think they are actually on the team.

Pretty normal rule of life: if you don't act like a douche, you won't get treated like one (also helps it you're decently sized). But honestly, I'm over the whole go to another stadium experience. I'd rather just watch the game at a bar in the city the Bills are playing. Too many loser fans think they are actually on the team.

Why go to the other city to go to a bar to watch the game instead of watching at home or in a bar at home? :)

You will find some loser fans you reference at every stadium, every sport. For some that is the "game day experience".