if the draft does this, what do we do

frogger

1-KC-Luke Joeckel-LT-no stunning move, it's Joeckel or Fisher.

2-Jax-Geno Smith-QB-this will suck, I was hoping he would fall to us. New coach has only seen current QBs lose.

3-Oakland-Ezekiel Ansah-DE-Oakland needs about every position, if they can't move back they get the best athlete in a need position

4-Philadelphia-Dion Jordan-DE/OLB-obvious Oregon connection.

5-Detroit-Eric Fisher-LT-Detroit get Fisher or Joeckel and they are happy. The only thing that could ruin this, if Miami gives up a boatload to move up.

6-Cleveland trades 6th to San Diego for picks...SD picks Lane Johnson-LT-they needed to move in front of Arizona, I believe they just signed McKinnie, but Lane Johnson will start and McKinnie gets released. Cleveland loves Milliner but also love Rhodes and Trufant.

7-Arizona-Sherrif Floyd-DE/DT-Floyd actually played DE for Florida, I think he is a natural for a 3-4 DE.

8-Buffalo....

Pick Dee Milliner.

Minnesota calls they love Milliner and want to deal both 1s but we have to give up a forth or third in 2014.

Tampa calls, Revis deal flops and they are offering 1&2.

Or pick another player.

I'm tempted to say Tampa but you never said what picks Minnesota holds.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-KC-Luke Joeckel-LT-no stunning move, it's Joeckel or Fisher.

2-Jax-Geno Smith-QB-this will suck, I was hoping he would fall to us. New coach has only seen current QBs lose.

3-Oakland-Ezekiel Ansah-DE-Oakland needs about every position, if they can't move back they get the best athlete in a need position

4-Philadelphia-Dion Jordan-DE/OLB-obvious Oregon connection.

5-Detroit-Eric Fisher-LT-Detroit get Fisher or Joeckel and they are happy. The only thing that could ruin this, if Miami gives up a boatload to move up.

6-Cleveland trades 6th to San Diego for picks...SD picks Lane Johnson-LT-they needed to move in front of Arizona, I believe they just signed McKinnie, but Lane Johnson will start and McKinnie gets released. Cleveland loves Milliner but also love Rhodes and Trufant.

7-Arizona-Sherrif Floyd-DE/DT-Floyd actually played DE for Florida, I think he is a natural for a 3-4 DE.

8-Buffalo....

Pick Dee Milliner.

Minnesota calls they love Milliner and want to deal both 1s but we have to give up a forth or third in 2014.

Tampa calls, Revis deal flops and they are offering 1&2.

Or pick another player.

Okay. Here's the info we needed to answer this hypothetical:

Minnesota picks are #23 and #25. According to the OP, they would send us these picks in exchange for our #8 and our #105.

Tampa's Picks are #13 and #43 which they would send in exchange for our #8.

Pick #23 & #25

:D

Thanks Dibs!

FWIW, according to the Trade Value Chart, our #8 is worth 1400 and our #105 is worth 84 points.

Minnesota's #23 is worth 760 points and their #25 is worth 720 points. Total is 1480.

Tampa's #13 is worth 1150 points and their #43 is worth 470 points. Total is 1620.

So yeah, Tampa's offer.

So who is going to throw the long ball to him?

No one. Throw him a 5 yard slant and let him run by everyone just like he did in college. Just because a WR is fast doesn't mean we have to throw him the ball deep all the time.

Okay. Here's the info we needed to answer this hypothetical:

Minnesota picks are #23 and #25. According to the OP, they would send us these picks in exchange for our #8 and our #105.

Tampa's Picks are #13 and #43 which they would send in exchange for our #8.

:D

Thanks Dibs!

FWIW, according to the Trade Value Chart, our #8 is worth 1400 and our #105 is worth 84 points.

Minnesota's #23 is worth 760 points and their #25 is worth 720 points. Total is 1480.

Tampa's #13 is worth 1150 points and their #43 is worth 470 points. Total is 1620.

So yeah, Tampa's offer.

Tampa's offer works only if we can then package our 2nd with our 3rd or 4th to move up above Arizona/Jax/Oakland/Jets in the 2nd round to get our QB of choice. Otherwise, I would pick the Minnesota deal, where we would still have the choice of QB in late Rd 1.

definitely trading back.

I'd take the Tampa deal and I even consider trading back again from the #13 position that Tampa sent us for #8.

This draft is deep in positions of need for the Bills and we want to grab a QB.

I truly believe whatever QB's are on the board at #8 wil lbe there til the 20's. We can offset the gamble on a QB and grab plenty of quality players to boot.

Great topic to discuss. This situation could realistically present itself.

The fact that the Bills have a lot of serious needshas to play strongly into the decision. We're talking big needs at QB, WR, TE, OLB, ILB, SS, and CB and somewhat of a lesser need at OG.

With that being the case, if I were running the show in Buffalo, I would certainly NOT reach for a QB in R1. Even Barkley, who I think is the QB gem of this draft, is not worthy of the #8 overall pick. But i might be willing to take him in the mid to late 20s or first few picks in R2.

The safe pick would be Milliner. You pair him with Gilmore and now you've got TWO big shutdown CBs, which would allow Pettine to play them in man to man bump and run coverage most of the time and free up the other 9 defenders to do all kinds of crazy things. I could certainly live with that because it would a big step in the right direction.

But that would only address one of the seven big needs mentioned above.

I would explore all avenues to trade down at least once, if not twice, in R1 to try to acquire more players.

I think the Bills will take the safer approach and in this case would select CB Milliner at #8 overall and then look to trade back into R1 (in the mid 20s) to select a QB and that QB would likely be Barkley.

Let's face it, the Bills are not going to win the Super Bowl in the 2013/2014 season, but if they can acquire Milliner and Barkley in this year's draft they will have done one helluva job in taking a big step in the right direction.

Great topic to discuss. This situation could realistically present itself.

The fact that the Bills have a lot of serious needshas to play strongly into the decision. We're talking big needs at QB, WR, TE, OLB, ILB, SS, and CB and somewhat of a lesser need at OG.

With that being the case, if I were running the show in Buffalo, I would certainly NOT reach for a QB in R1. Even Barkley, who I think is the QB gem of this draft, is not worthy of the #8 overall pick. But i might be willing to take him in the mid to late 20s or first few picks in R2.

The safe pick would be Milliner. You pair him with Gilmore and now you've got TWO big shutdown CBs, which would allow Pettine to play them in man to man bump and run coverage most of the time and free up the other 9 defenders to do all kinds of crazy things. I could certainly live with that because it would a big step in the right direction.

But that would only address one of the seven big needs mentioned above.

I would explore all avenues to trade down at least once, if not twice, in R1 to try to acquire more players.

I think the Bills will take the safer approach and in this case would select CB Milliner at #8 overall and then look to trade back into R1 (in the mid 20s) to select a QB and that QB would likely be Barkley.

Let's face it, the Bills are not going to win the Super Bowl in the 2013/2014 season, but if they can acquire Milliner and Barkley in this year's draft they will have done one helluva job in taking a big step in the right direction.

What you just described would be a great scenerio. It is just do you feel like taking a chance about waiting on Barkley. I am going to go on record & state that I think he is going to be the best QB out of this bunch & will be a franchise QB for some team. This kid is a coaches dream, his intangibles are off the chart. No he does not have the greatest arm, but rest assured he will be able to make the throws he needs to make. 4 year starter, ton of experience, numbers off the charts. I hope the Bills find a way to get him. I really do.

if i a QB is worth enough to trade

Tampa's offer works only if we can then package our 2nd with our 3rd or 4th to move up above Arizona/Jax/Oakland/Jets in the 2nd round to get our QB of choice. Otherwise, I would pick the Minnesota deal, where we would still have the choice of QB in late Rd 1.

hmm.. if a QB is worth so much more than the others that you want to trade up, and not miss him, then wouldn't he be worth the 13th pick? so i would say TB, since it's a much better deal and you take the QB and try and trade up if you need something else bad.

however, it seems if TB was willing to give up their 1 and 2 for Milliner, then they would for Revis as well... so I'm not holding my breath on this one. If Minny calls I do it w/o giving up the 4th.. maybe a 5th. it's close enough, and if we're considered TB giving us 200points above value, then Minny can certainly give us 80 above. like i said, close enough.

I haven't said squat for months about the draft and who the Bills should choose, but I've heard about enough of the QB talk. There's not one worth taking with such a high pick. And besides, the general consensus is that next year's QB class is a whole lot better. If that's true, even more reason to avoid a QB early in round 1. They'd end up with the best of a lousy class, not a potential game-changing prospect. The offense struggled last year, but the biggest problem is still defense, especially against the run. Nearly every contending team has at least 1 dominant linebacker. The Bills aren't even close to having someone that opposing teams have to plan around. They desperately need a linebacker who can sufficiently support the D-line and DBs. Unfortunately, the Bills just missed out on both Patrick Willis and Von Miller in recent drafts. If the opportunity is there to take a stud LB hope they don't pass up the chance.

I agree - if Jordan or Ansah are there I think you have to take them. It's as you said - every really good defense has good LB'ers. If we're using Mario as a LB, and Lawson, that gives us one potentially good LB, one decent LB, Bradham has "potential", and I like him, but the difference between another pro-bowl caliber LB and Sheppard is BIG. Now, I know Jordan and Ansah are OLB prospects, it'd still give Buffalo a FORCE off both sides - remember Washington's defense tearing it up early with their two OLB'ers? We have more skill, I think, outside the LB'er position than Washington did. So, if Buffalo were to get impact LB'ers and another tall, capable cover corner, we could field a top 5 defense, I think. I wouldn't oppose that move, and leave the WR's, QB, G, and TE to the later rounds and UDFA - and, of course, finish that unit off next year.

There's a few different philosophies and approaches the Bills could take to this draft, which is why it's so intruiging this year. If Kolb is protected well, he certainly could be servicable this year, and if we have 2 starting rookie WR's - which we might - and a rookie TE, then letting them acclimate and going for a top QB next year wouldn't be the worst scenario.

Now, I don't see them waiting on QB, personally, but I could see the logic.

You hand the card to Whaley and say, it's your call.

Seriously, I doubt Buffalo would trade below 15, so the Tampa deal makes sense. Or just take Milliner.

The difference with Milner and Revis is is 1 would be on a rookies contract and the other the most expensive defensively player ever. Could happen