TKO on the market

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd sign him. (1) he is better than anyone we currently have at LB, who is ...... (2) he would come cheap, and signing him does not preclude us from finding a starter via FA or the Draft. He could be a 1-2 down player or backup. The guy still has it.

Guys he is old and slow.

I like the guy a lot and loved what he did for Buffalo while he was here. A positive guy who always brought it.

But i watched a couple of Chargers games this year and keyed in on him because i like him. He is very pedestrian. We just let go of an aging LB. Spikes has no direct connection with Pettine or his D style, so he would be learning just like younger guys.

The only over the hill LB i would remotely be interested in is Bart Scott. If Scott and Pettine are tight this would make a lot of sense.

Scott would be very useful helping the younger guys learning and getting set.

An Achilles tendon tear has ruined many careers. Spikes was never the same player after the injury but worked hard and contributed to a solid NFL career. Sam Cowart was not so lucky.

One or the biggest mistakes letting him go. P.Williams, Clements, Fletcher join that list.

You can't put Spikes on that list. He had a major injury and wasn't worth what he was paid. That said, he's reinvented himself as a solid ILB and I love the guy. I'd welcome him back if the price was right. But for some reason, he just can't make the playoffs, no matter where he goes.

His best season as a Pro was with the Bills:

In Buffalo, Spikes had his best seasons as a pro. He was a two-time Pro Bowler and earned a first-team All NFL honor in 2004. In that season he recorded 99 total tackles, three sacks, five interceptions, two touchdowns, 18 pass deflections and four forced fumbles.

I don't believe any of the bills LBs since Takeo's departure has that kind of presence in the middle of the defense. Thanks for your time Takeo.