We need to follow the colts game plan if we want win this year

No rookie QB this year is going to come in here and tear it up like last years group did, which is why we signed Kolb. If we want win we need to go mostly offense and get as many weapons as possible.

Last year the Colts selected;

2012 Draft

1.01 Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

2.02 Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

3.01 Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson

3.29 T.Y. Hilton, WR, Florida International

5.01 Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama

5.35 Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State

6.36 LaVon Brazill, WR, Ohio

7.01 Justin Anderson, OT, Georgia

7.07 Tim Fugger, DE, Vanderbilt

7.46 Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois

Obviously there is no Luck or anything close to him this year but they went after TEs and WRs so that Luck could be successful. I think a draft like my sig would be a good strategy to win this year and next year depending on our record we can go after QBs like Manziel, Bortles, McCarron and Pachall.

Removed due to copyright infringement

I'd be a huge fan of this BB. I might make a change and attempt to get EJ Manuel because I think he might be the best QB in this years draft in the long run. (My opinion is based on very little film of these QBs but I happen to believe in this kid) other than that, I'd agree with you.

I also think in a shoot out between Kolb and TJax in camp, TJax wins the job over Kolb and would also be better for what Marrone probably wants to do here. But again, just my opinion. TJax is more physically gifted and I think that makes up the difference. QBs nowadays don't have to be Mike Vick, but they do need to be able to avoid pressure, get out or move around in the pocket and make plays with their feet more than in the past. And that's why I'm taking TJax, it's also why I believe in Manuel.

I think the Colts' entire "strategy" was that they got lucky and were able to draft Andrew Luck. Without him, they would still be horrible. Also, don't be surprised if the Colts come crashing back down to earth this year without the emotional rallying point they had last year in Chuck Pagano's health issue.

We don't have the number 1 pick in the draft, and even if we did an Andrew Luck caliber QB isn't available. Following the colts "game plan" isn't possible.

+1

Besides what good is an improved offense when your D is giving up 200 yds rushing and 450 yds total every damn week? They'd never see the field.

I think we need to load up on LB and O line as well. We need to follow the game plan of the Steelers of 2004 with a QB that can manage a game and not think he can take it over (like Fitz did last year taking over the game part) and run the ball with our two backs. I would even like to see them draft Lattimore in the third or fourth round so he can replace Jackson in a year or two to give him time to rehad and not push it. We still need a free agent WR that can manage the 2 spot. I think our D will be alright especially our D line with the new Defensive scheme they are going to run this year under Pettine, and if Pettine runs his D anything like Rex they will blitz and blitz some more which will help our DB's out a lot.

+1

Besides what good is an improved offense when your D is giving up 200 yds rushing and 450 yds total every damn week? They'd never see the field.

Huh??

Byrd is the best safety in the game, Mario is all world, Kyle Williams is all lunch bucket, Dareus has recovered form personal loss, Gilmore is a shutdown corner, McKelvin is going to be rejuvenated at CB, A. Williams is really solid safety, Anderson will dominate like we paid him for, Bradham is a monster, Carrington is a beast......

This D is loaded with talent and only failed because of Wanny's poor schemes.

When you said follow Colts game plan I thought you meant for the Bills to suck mightily this year and with the #1 overall pick get a franchise QB in 2014

That's exactly what I thought as well. I'm am convinced, once Manning was out, the Colts threw the 2011 season away with hopes of getting a top QB in the draft, and guess what, it worked!

It's too bad there's so many holes on both sides - because we could definitely go all offense or all defense in this draft and fix either side for a good 3 or 4 years. However, to come out of this draft process, including UDFA, with legitimate pieces at QB, WR, TE, G, OLB, ILB, S, and maybe CB - that'll take a genius GM and excellent scouting and preparation. I happen to beleive we can get good, quality starters at 4 spots in this draft, and maybe two or three young prospects with a lot of upside - which is to say, if we play our cards right we should be very competitive this year - but I'd also go more of a 2004 Steelers route - get a young QB, a good WR, and go heavy on the defense. Run the ball a lot, don't expect the QB to have a Luck type year (by the way, Seattle also used this strategy last year pretty effectively), and play very good defense.

I think we should consider ourselves lucky if we go into next year with only 3 or 4 big holes to fill on our roster - something an even marginal GM should be able to fix.

I think our coaching staff will go QB, WR, LB, and TE with the first 4 picks (although not necessarily in that order) - and with the last picks, and in UDFA, I think they bring in a lot of small school prospects with similar measurables as the more touted guys, at S, LB, O-line, and WR - I'd expect us to see at least 1, of probably 3, UDFA WR's on our roster looking pretty good this year, and at least 1, of maybe 2 or 3 UDFA LB's who ends up being pretty good. I think - and hope, really more than anything - that Marrone's familiarity with college, not to mention Pettine's father's scouting, lends to Buffalo putting a lot of extra work in the scouting and recruiting of small school / under-the-radar type players this year, and that we have a very successful later round draft and UDFA class.

Here's to hoping!

Edited by KeisterHollow

Item #1 to following the Colts' game plan is getting a franchise QB. Simply tossing that part aside and mimicking everything else is a lost cause.

Also, please no Patterson @8. This appears to be a deep WR draft, so if it's not a QB at 8, then pick an impact defender, not a one-year wonder at WR.

When you said follow Colts game plan I thought you meant for the Bills to suck mightily this year and with the #1 overall pick get a franchise QB in 2014

That might happen too.

I'd be a huge fan of this BB. I might make a change and attempt to get EJ Manuel because I think he might be the best QB in this years draft in the long run. (My opinion is based on very little film of these QBs but I happen to believe in this kid) other than that, I'd agree with you.

I also think in a shoot out between Kolb and TJax in camp, TJax wins the job over Kolb and would also be better for what Marrone probably wants to do here. But again, just my opinion. TJax is more physically gifted and I think that makes up the difference. QBs nowadays don't have to be Mike Vick, but they do need to be able to avoid pressure, get out or move around in the pocket and make plays with their feet more than in the past. And that's why I'm taking TJax, it's also why I believe in Manuel.

understandable but Jax has proven to be a backup and Kolb with weapons is good enough for now. Manuel has talent but his consistency is way off.

I think the Colts' entire "strategy" was that they got lucky and were able to draft Andrew Luck. Without him, they would still be horrible. Also, don't be surprised if the Colts come crashing back down to earth this year without the emotional rallying point they had last year in Chuck Pagano's health issue.

Doubt it

We don't have the number 1 pick in the draft, and even if we did an Andrew Luck caliber QB isn't available. Following the colts "game plan" isn't possible.

Try reading the post again.

We can't go all offense. Our defense was one of the worse in the league, remember? Plus, we only have 1 NFL calibre LB on our roster.

we have gone Defense for a decade, its time for them to step up and it's time the offense get it's due and offense wins championships.

No rookie QB this year is going to come in here and tear it up like last years group did, which is why we signed Kolb. If we want win we need to go mostly offense and get as many weapons as possible.

Last year the Colts selected;

2012 Draft

1.01 Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

2.02 Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

3.01 Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson

3.29 T.Y. Hilton, WR, Florida International

5.01 Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama

5.35 Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State

6.36 LaVon Brazill, WR, Ohio

7.01 Justin Anderson, OT, Georgia

7.07 Tim Fugger, DE, Vanderbilt

7.46 Chandler Harnish, QB, Northern Illinois

Obviously there is no Luck or anything close to him this year but they went after TEs and WRs so that Luck could be successful. I think a draft like my sig would be a good strategy to win this year and next year depending on our record we can go after QBs like Manziel, Bortles, McCarron and Pachall.

Removed due to copyright infringement

We "need" to follow that game plan if we are to succeed? It's the only way?

Btw The colts would likely have been garbage if the had any of the QBs available in this draft instead of luck.

Huh??

Byrd is the best safety in the game, Mario is all world, Kyle Williams is all lunch bucket, Dareus has recovered form personal loss, Gilmore is a shutdown corner, McKelvin is going to be rejuvenated at CB, A. Williams is really solid safety, Anderson will dominate like we paid him for, Bradham is a monster, Carrington is a beast......

This D is loaded with talent and only failed because of Wanny's poor schemes.

We aren't loaded with talent at LB. Aaron Williams is a really solid safety? He is? Based on what? Can he be? Maybe, but he isn't right now. Bradham a monster? He might be, we have no idea. Anderson will dominate? He's never dominated, even during his best seasons. I love carrington and think he can be a beast. I agree that our defensive talent is better than most think and pettines scheme will greatly improve us, we have holes on defense. Holes that need to be addressed in this draft. Preferably addressed before round 4 IMO.

Or is your post sarcasm?

We "need" to follow that game plan if we are to succeed? It's the only way?

Btw The colts would likely have been garbage if the had any of the QBs available in this draft instead of luck.

We aren't loaded with talent at LB. Aaron Williams is a really solid safety? He is? Based on what? Can he be? Maybe, but he isn't right now. Bradham a monster? He might be, we have no idea. Anderson will dominate? He's never dominated, even during his best seasons. I love carrington and think he can be a beast. I agree that our defensive talent is better than most think and pettines scheme will greatly improve us, we have holes on defense. Holes that need to be addressed in this draft. Preferably addressed before round 4 IMO.

Or is your post sarcasm?

Don't blame me. I was handed this script.