Bills workout Tennessee prospects, no Patterson

Bellicheck told him not to show up for any pre draft events and he'd take him late in rd 1.

Or maybe Arizona. Check out their depth chart at receiver. After Fitzgerald and Floyd they have no one. Bruce Arians love to throw the long ball maybe Patterson is their guy.

It doesn't matter what he has done for one year, Nix is not looking at the guy. If anyone here knows anything it should be that Nix looks at guys with a full body of work, that mostly being 4 years, though some 3. No way Nix takes him.

Yes, and that has worked out so well so far, why would he change? :cry:

I really don't see a scenerio that would put Bray on the Bills . If the Bills came out of the draft with just Bray (from rounds 3/4 ) then that would indicate they are all in on Kolb . No way they would do that . Bray has skills but no way he is a first year starter. The Bills are not drafting two QBs obviously . The guy basically wasted his time coming to Buffalo and I just wasted my time writing this . Lol

I actually like Hunter more than Patterson - but, in this I acknowledge I might be proven wrong. However, as it stands today, if Buffalo comes away from the first two rounds with any reciever - by trading down into the bottom of the first, or trading up from the second, or by just taking a guy with their second - i.e., NOT with their 8th pick - I hope it's Hunter. I would be okay with a bunch of recievers this year, as it is a deep group, and I really like Patterson's skills, it just seems to me when I watch Tennessee play that Hunter comes up with many more clutch plays, and he's taller, and almost as fast. This is a very deep WR class, though, and there will be studs coming off the board in RD's 5 and 6, I bet, not to mention a few UDFA's who end up being legitimate starters.

This is a very good year for Buffalo, as far as the draft is concerned - our positions of need happen to be deep in the draft; QB, WR, TE, LB, and CB are all deep this year. A very good GM could fill most of our holes in this draft. This is going to be Buddy's make or break moment. If he drafts great, he'll leave Buffalo with a young roster ready to compete for the next half decade. If he flops, he'll leave Buffalo with the perception that he was a over glorified scout, out of his depths.

Patterson's going to be a superstar in the NFL. The reason the Bills are doing this is because it's probably a smokescreen so the Jets don't jump them by swapping picks with the Cardinals.

i think people overanalyze this stuff after a long draft season. This league is now about outscoring your opponent, it's no longer about stopping them. More than anything, you MUST have a QB AND a serious impactful receiving threat to compete for championships today.

Seeing how Nix loved Spiller and seeing Patterson's even better freakish moves on the football field, it stands to reason the Patterson is a very real possibility at #8. I'm amazed at how undervalued the WR position has been this draft season. My hope is for Patterson at #8 and Scott at #41. If they both become big time hits then this team will instantly become a serious contender for a long time.

I really don't see a scenerio that would put Bray on the Bills . If the Bills came out of the draft with just Bray (from rounds 3/4 ) then that would indicate they are all in on Kolb . No way they would do that . Bray has skills but no way he is a first year starter. The Bills are not drafting two QBs obviously . The guy basically wasted his time coming to Buffalo and I just wasted my time writing this . Lol

If they were to draft Bray in round 3/4 and no other QB, I don't think that necessarily says that they are "all in" on Kolb. It might (likely would IMHO) mean that they just didn't think any of the QBs in the draft are prospects that justified 1st or 2nd round picks - that is, they see them all as long-shots to be good starters in the NFL.

If they don't draft a QB early, I don't think the correct conclusion is that they think Kolb is the answer.

This is a very good year for Buffalo, as far as the draft is concerned - our positions of need happen to be deep in the draft; QB, WR, TE, LB, and CB are all deep this year. A very good GM could fill most of our holes in this draft. This is going to be Buddy's make or break moment. If he drafts great, he'll leave Buffalo with a young roster ready to compete for the next half decade. If he flops, he'll leave Buffalo with the perception that he was a over glorified scout, out of his depths.

Interesting view. Most analysts/scouts that I've read think that the talent pool is very shallow at QB. Don't confuse no top prospects with a deep pool of good prospects. This might be the worst set of QB prospects in a long time. I agree that there are a handful of QB prospects with some redeeming qualities including Barkley, Smith, Manuel, Nassib and maybe Wilson. BUT none of them have the "whole skillset" this year (at least based on everything I've read and seen).

Edited by OldTimer1960

I would like to see the Bills draft two WR's in the first 3 rounds. That is the strength of this draft and definitely a major position of need

And I concur, it is the worst QB draft in a decade. Personally as ****ty as we are at QB, I would rather not draft some tomato can and concentrate on other areas. And get my QB next draft