Bills workout Tennessee prospects, no Patterson

The guy just does not seem like a top 10 prospect to me. He's a very raw player and definitely needs to have some work done. There are better receivers in this draft than him.

Agreed...he is a product of a 24 hr sports news cycle where media types hear a few scouts talk about him, watch some film and he is suddenly Megatron Part II. He has above average height, average speed and one solid year of production against SEC teams. That's not enough to warrant a pick at #8 in my opinionated opinion.

Agreed...he is a product of a 24 hr sports news cycle where media types hear a few scouts talk about him, watch some film and he is suddenly Megatron Part II. He has above average height, average speed and one solid year of production against SEC teams. That's not enough to warrant a pick at #8 in my opinionated opinion.

Agreed. Too much hype, not enough history of production.

More than likely he just wasn't available to work out at the same time. There wouldn't be any sense in specifically not working him out, whether they plan on drafting or not.

Why wouldn't he be available to workout for a team that has a top 10 pick in the draft? That would be a major fail for him and his agent that could cost him a boatload of money. When Buffalo scheduled the workout maybe he wasn't one they wanted to see.

Edited by the skycap

Why wouldn't he be available to workout for a team that has a top 10 pick in the draft? That would be a major fail for him and his agent that could cost him a boatload of money. When Buffalo scheduled the workout maybe he wasn't one they wanted to see.

I said available at the same time as the others. The Bills worked out a bunch of 2nd and later round draft picks. Patterson would probably be doing his own workouts. Again, if you're the Bills, why would you specifically not invite him? Even if there is a no chance he's drafted at 8, there's no point in not getting a workout in.

Edited by Faustus

I said available at the same time as the others. The Bills worked out a bunch of 2nd and later round draft picks. Patterson would probably be doing his own workouts. Again, if you're the Bills, why would you specifically not invite him? Even if there is a no chance he's drafted at 8, there's no point in not getting a workout in.

Barkley worked out with Woods....only one of them is expected to go first round. We really can't do anything but speculate

More than likely he just wasn't available to work out at the same time. There wouldn't be any sense in specifically not working him out, whether they plan on drafting or not.

Bellicheck told him not to show up for any pre draft events and he'd take him late in rd 1.