NFL Draft Day

tito1

How does this rank with your favorite sports days/events of the year (I.e. vs. march madness, Super Bowl Sunday, New Year's Day bowl games, etc) and what do you do?

This ranks as my favorite day of the year (including all sports and Thanksgiving). NFL opening day ranks close.

I will dress up in my bills jersey, make good food, drink some beer, have some friends over (browns guys as I live in Ohio) and make fun of their teams picks. Probably have my dog in his bills jersey nearby and actually taki g the day off of work this year.

the anticipation leading up to the bills' selection is always great. last year when cordy glenn was dropping to the bills, i was a nervous wreck. then when the bills were on the clock and they did indeed call his name i was so relieved/excited.

then there have been a few picks over the years that have made me want to go kick the neighbors dog and start telling random kids there is no such thing as santa.

Have always watched at home. Two years ago a new

tradition began. I went to that famous stadium of mine.

I sat on the 45 yard line and watched on that famous

big screen. Last year sat in the grass in front of the

stadium on a blanket with other fans and watched

on big TV's! I called it a tailgate draft party!

I absolutely love the draft and always get nervous as a Bills pick approaches. I may be in the minority but I liked Saturday-Sunday better. I would get up, have some buddies over, drink beer, eat pizza and talk football. How many days are better than that?

Doesn't everybody like the old weekend set up better??? I pine for the old format every year.

In general....eh. It's nice to see who picks who and the whole hype around it, but I'm not going to waste my day watching Mel Kiper shoot his mouth off and blind myself from the glare off of his hair.

I'd rather spend my afternoons/evenings watching round 1 of the NCAA squeakball tournament. At least there is some legitimate action.

I miss the all day Saturday experience

This. If anything, it's better to stick with the weekend plan. Go back to starting round 1 at noon on Saturday. I know Goodell wants the prime time garbage, but it's gotta be a pain in the tush for the people involved to set up for maybe 3 hours on a Thursday night, then go back on Saturday morning.

It's my favorite sporting event of the year. By far. Opening day in the NFL is second. The Bills first preseason game is 3rd.

I admit this all sounds very sad - surely a product of the fact that for the past decade plus the most excited you can get about the Bills is about the potential of their draft picks. If they were better, I imagine opening day would be first (or at least a close second).

Oh, and I much prefer the old Saturday/Sunday format. But either way, I love the draft and watch every minute of it.

Ever since they moved this into a four day event, I have lost interest. It is just too long.

agreed. i like nfl DRAFT DAY, and its just not that anymore. We would get people together, grill some food, drink some beer - generally use the draft as an excuse to hang out.... now, not so much. round one is in the middle of the work week (people get stuck at work, have to leave early etc...) and after that first round most people seem to lose interest.

its just too easy to say "meh, we dont have a pick til tomorrow, im going to head out guys"

Totally miss the Saturday/Sunday weekend, which used to be my second favorite weekend of the year, behind Opening Day Weekend. The weekday three day new format sucks, IMO. I think it is one of those things that makes the NFL more money but isn't necessarily worth it by turning off a significant portion of its core fans. That's very hard to know though.

I actually like the new format and after the top 3 rds it's even more of a crap shoot...

any reason you like it more? outside of people that worked saturday, or are making more money on the tv contracts i really havent seen many that can say why its better