Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

I've always considered McShay to be quite the buffoon, but he does have the best record in predicting the first round among himself, Kiper, and Mayock over the past three seasons.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/54631/mcshay-nassibs-arm-vastly-overrated

"Nassib's arm vastly overrated," McShay tweeted yesterday. "Short/intermediate throws MPHs but struggles driving ball vertically on tape and see same at Senior Bowl."

Considering this scorching analysis of Nassib's abilities as a QB, I can totally see why McShay thinks (hopes?) the Bills will draft him at #8. It's almost as if the media wants the Bills to be bad and are trying to push them into drafting Nassib at #8 and making the biggest mistake in their franchise history.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I've been following this draft all that closely, but in the times I've seen Nassib play, including watching him against USC this morning, I guess I just don't get it. I'm not particularly impressed. I don't see anything there that suggests he's anything more than a run-of-the-mill mid round prospect.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/54631/mcshay-nassibs-arm-vastly-overrated

"Nassib's arm vastly overrated," McShay tweeted yesterday. "Short/intermediate throws MPHs but struggles driving ball vertically on tape and see same at Senior Bowl."

Considering this scorching analysis of Nassib's abilities as a QB, I can totally see why McShay thinks (hopes?) the Bills will draft him at #8. It's almost as if the media wants the Bills to be bad and are trying to push them into drafting Nassib at #8 and making the biggest mistake in their franchise history.

Yeah, it must be because the media wants the Bills to fail. (That's nuckin futs).

I can't say I've been following this draft all that closely, but in the times I've seen Nassib play, including watching him against USC this morning, I guess I just don't get it. I'm not particularly impressed. I don't see anything there that suggests he's anything more than a run-of-the-mill mid round prospect.

I feel the same way. I just don't see anything to suggest he's a day-one starter in the NFL. He looks like the typical project QB to me. And, by definition, you don't draft those types with the 8th overall pick. I really think all this talk is just a smoke screen given the unique relationship betweem Marrone, Hackett, and Nassib. There are several Ryan Nassib's in this draft.

GO BILLS!!!

I feel the same way. I just don't see anything to suggest he's a day-one starter in the NFL. He looks like the typical project QB to me. And, by definition, you don't draft those types with the 8th overall pick. I really think all this talk is just a smoke screen given the unique relationship betweem Marrone, Hackett, and Nassib. There are several Ryan Nassib's in this draft.

GO BILLS!!!

Yea, I'm there too. Just doesn't wow me. Like I said earlier in this thread, if Marrone was given the chance to recruit a QB again, only this time he didn't have to compete to get them and basically had his shot at some of the most talented QB's, which he probably had no shot at while with Syracuse, would he choose Nassib, again.

Guess we'll find out in the coming days...

Let's get serious everyone. The Bills are taking Nassib. It's a done deal. It was a done deal when they brought in Marrone. Since becoming the coach, all he has done is bring in all of his buddies as assistants. He seems to be loyal to a fault. Is he really getting the best guys or just handing out jobs to his loyal followers? All signs point to Nassib so all of this speculation is pointless imo. As goes Nassib, so goes Marrone. So I hope he's right about hitching his wagon to this guy or we will have a new coach in 2016

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg is "very high" on Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib, and the Bills are worried the Jets will poach him.

As Sal Pal alluded to, the Jets "control the first round" to some extent with the Nos. 9 and 13 selections, either or even both of which could be used as trade bait for a coveted player such as Tavon Austin or if a top-five player surprisingly falls. Both the Jets and Bills have QB needs and are very high on Nassib. "I know one thing for sure in talking to people around the league," Paolantonio reported. "The Buffalo Bills want Ryan Nassib. But they're very concerned the Jets will take him later in the first round. So the Bills may be forced to take him at No. 8."

What an epic disaster that would be. The love affair with this average (at best) QB is mind boggling

Let's get serious everyone. The Bills are taking Nassib. It's a done deal. It was a done deal when they brought in Marrone. Since becoming the coach, all he has done is bring in all of his buddies as assistants. He seems to be loyal to a fault. Is he really getting the best guys or just handing out jobs to his loyal followers? All signs point to Nassib so all of this speculation is pointless imo. As goes Nassib, so goes Marrone. So I hope he's right about hitching his wagon to this guy or we will have a new coach in 2016

Link?

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg is "very high" on Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib, and the Bills are worried the Jets will poach him.

As Sal Pal alluded to, the Jets "control the first round" to some extent with the Nos. 9 and 13 selections, either or even both of which could be used as trade bait for a coveted player such as Tavon Austin or if a top-five player surprisingly falls. Both the Jets and Bills have QB needs and are very high on Nassib. "I know one thing for sure in talking to people around the league," Paolantonio reported. "The Buffalo Bills want Ryan Nassib. But they're very concerned the Jets will take him later in the first round. So the Bills may be forced to take him at No. 8."

Wonder how much of the Jets interest is feigned, just to do what Sal says here - force the Bills to take Nassib at 8 if they want him.

Let's get serious everyone. The Bills are taking Nassib. It's a done deal. It was a done deal when they brought in Marrone. Since becoming the coach, all he has done is bring in all of his buddies as assistants. He seems to be loyal to a fault. Is he really getting the best guys or just handing out jobs to his loyal followers?

The most important hire was not a Syracuse guy, it was Pettine. Two of the three coordinator jobs were not Cuse guys. Of the main position coaches, WR and OL were not, RB was. DL and LB were not, DB was. It was about one third. That is not unusual or more than any new coach would hire as far as bringing in guys he worked with.

Wonder how much of the Jets interest is feigned, just to do what Sal says here - force the Bills to take Nassib at 8 if they want him.

Or they want to get a good look at the QB they'll be seeing for the next couple years if the Bills draft him. Either way it's good intel.

You'll really need to define "buddies" because to suggest a HC would hire key assistants he doesn't know or with whom he hasn't worked is pretty ridiculous. Also, is Pettine Marrone's "buddy?"

Great work by Tim Graham here:

http://blogs.buffalo...yan-nassib.html

Just another scribe's opinion. It's amazing how stupid we must be. Here we are the day before the draft and everything we've been fed up to now has been fed to us by the scribes and pundits. Not one of them have interviewed any player coming out or worked any player like an NFL team does. They just go on rumors, subjective information, and measureables. You hear crap like this is the worst draft ever. I say bulls#it. There may not be the sizzle of the past drafts but I'll bet you there's a lot more steak, and the scribes can't handle it because there is no clear cut picks in just about every draft slot in the 1st rd.. Hell, the pundits had T'aeo, Geno, Werner, and Mingo all going in the top 5 four freakin months ago. Now where are they? All these freakin scribes do is listen to rumors and their sources, accurate or not, and run with it. The same s#it they print on a subject today is totally different than what they printed last week and the week before. They just don't knopw what to do now that it's not clear cut... so now they resort to theorizing.

What I think is there are about 60 players that could legitimately be considered 1st round picks. I don't believe there are any worth a top ten pick if you go by the standards of some of the drafts in the past. There's no Heisman winner in this class... no sizzle... and that really bothers the media and has their shorts in a knot. I believe we will see players drafted in rd. 1 that normally would be drafted in round 2. But I also see players being drafted in round 3 that in some of the other drafts would be 2nd rounder. This draft ain't spectacular, but it is damn solid and I believe you will see a lot more rookies and rookie free agents making solid contributions to their teams this year.

I don't know what everyone else thinks the selection of Nassib... But more so than I ever remember seeing before a draft, he has been absolutely the most polarizing figure in regards to fan sentiment. I've never seen a time on the eve of a draft when you've got half the Bills fans lined up on one side saying definitely not to Nassib and the other half saying yes, pull the string on him. Not too many bitched about the Losman, McCargo, Whitner, Maybin, Spiller, Lynch selections before the draft. I don't know if it's a good or bad. Maybe it is a good thing. Maybe the selection of Nassib with half the fans booing it willend up similar to the Philly fans booing the McNabb selection. I thought that worked out pretty well for Philly for a dozen years.

I'll say this... Nassib has as much value in round 1 as 59 other players. It's all in how the player is used and the system in which he plays in. We're looking at an offense that will be up tempo, a lot of ground game, a lot of northeast weather, and a lot of rabid Bills fans. What QB has better credentials to deal with that? Nassib doesn't give a flip. He's a no B word, no excuse, do what ya have to do to win guy. Graham's comment about the Nassib decision being made before the caoch was hired doesn't make a lot of sense. That just fuels the fire that Nassib was the selection regardless of the coach the Bills hired. So what? If he's the pick, he's the pick. If it fails, so what, the Bills have been spinning their wheels for 13 years. If it turns out he sucks that bad, the team is gonns suck and have another shot in the top 8 next year. At least bringing in Nassib and Marrone in is a totally different way of thinking than the approach the Bills have used over the past several years, it's unprecedented and could be just what the doctor ordered. To hell with the conventional wisdom... it's damn time something gets shaken up bigtime. What the hell does a perennial 6-10 have to lose? Nassib may or may not be a "franchise" guy, but if the Bills grab him, I have no doubt he will at least bring stability to the QB position. If you want sizzle... pass on Nassib... get someone else and we'll continue on the same merry go round we've been on.

Edited by Dr. Trooth

Just another scribe's opinion. It's amazing how stupid we must be. Here we are the day before the draft and everything we've been fed up to now has been fed to us by the scribes and pundits. Not one of them have interviewed any player coming out or worked any player like an NFL team does. They just go on rumors, subjective information, and measureables. You hear crap like this is the worst draft ever. I say bulls#it. There may not be the sizzle of the past drafts but I'll bet you there's a lot more steak, and the scribes can't handle it because there is no clear cut picks in just about every draft slot in the 1st rd.. Hell, the pundits had T'aeo, Geno, Werner, and Mingo all going in the top 5 four freakin months ago. Now where are they? All these freakin scribes do is listen to rumors and their sources, accurate or not, and run with it. The same s#it they print on a subject today is totally different than what they printed last week and the week before. They just don't knopw what to do now that it's not clear cut... so now they resort to theorizing.

What I think is there are about 60 players that could legitimately be considered 1st round picks. I don't believe there are any worth a top ten pick if you go by the standards of some of the drafts in the past. There's no Heisman winner in this class... no sizzle... and that really bothers the media and has their shorts in a knot. I believe we will see players drafted in rd. 1 that normally would be drafted in round 2. But I also see players being drafted in round 3 that in some of the other drafts would be 2nd rounder. This draft ain't spectacular, but it is damn solid and I believe you will see a lot more rookies and rookie free agents making solid contributions to their teams this year.

I don't know what everyone else thinks the selection of Nassib... But more so than I ever remember seeing before a draft, he has been absolutely the most polarizing figure in regards to fan sentiment. I've never seen a time on the eve of a draft when you've got half the Bills fans lined up on one side saying definitely not to Nassib and the other half saying yes, pull the string on him. Not too many bitched about the Losman, McCargo, Whitner, Maybin, Spiller, Lynch selections before the draft. I don't know if it's a good or bad. Maybe it is a good thing. Maybe the selection of Nassib with half the fans booing it willend up similar to the Philly fans booing the McNabb selection. I thought that worked out pretty well for Philly for a dozen years.

I'll say this... Nassib has as much value in round 1 as 59 other players. It's all in how the player is used and the system in which he plays in. We're looking at an offense that will be up tempo, a lot of ground game, a lot of northeast weather, and a lot of rabid Bills fans. What QB has better credentials to deal with that? Nassib doesn't give a flip. He's a no B word, no excuse, do what ya have to do to win guy. Graham's comment about the Nassib decision being made before the caoch was hired doesn't make a lot of sense. That just fuels the fire that Nassib was the selection regardless of the coach the Bills hired. So what? If he's the pick, he's the pick. If it fails, so what, the Bills have been spinning their wheels for 13 years. If it turns out he sucks that bad, the team is gonns suck and have another shot in the top 8 next year. At least bringing in Nassib and Marrone in is a totally different way of thinking than the approach the Bills have used over the past several years, it's unprecedented and could be just what the doctor ordered. To hell with the conventional wisdom... it's damn time something gets shaken up bigtime. What the hell does a perennial 6-10 have to lose? Nassib may or may not be a "franchise" guy, but if the Bills grab him, I have no doubt he will at least bring stability to the QB position. If you want sizzle... pass on Nassib... get someone else and we'll continue on the same merry go round we've been on.

I'm confused by this post. If we take him and he fails, so what, we'll have another shot next year. But if we pass on Nassib, we'll continue on the merry go round we've been on.

Personally, I'd rather have a blue chip player who can contribute rather than a project. But if Nassib's the choice, we'll rally behind the kid.

GO BILLS!!!

I maintain: If Buffalo drafts Nassib at 8, it's because they think he's a franchise QB, not because another team might want him.

I am going to absolutely hate it if the Bills act as if this is the final class of QBs to ever enter the NFL. Do not overvalue any of these QBs, including Nassib, especially if they're not going to start this season.

This all points to the ultimate failings of Buddy Nix in the past few years. Cannot wait until he's the Bills' ex-GM.

I am going to absolutely hate it if the Bills act as if this is the final class of QBs to ever enter the NFL. Do not overvalue any of these QBs, including Nassib, especially if they're not going to start this season.

This all points to the ultimate failings of Buddy Nix in the past few years. Cannot wait until he's the Bills' ex-GM.

I don't think that taking a QB conveys that message at all. Even if they take one, there's absolutely no reason they can't take another next year. In fact, that approach increases their odds of finally addressing the most important position in the game.