Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

I have zero concern about Ryan Nassib becoming a top 7 pick. In fact, if it happens, I'd probably be a little bit happy.

You just might be elated, because there was a scout on Sirius this morning (I think that his last name is Lande). He said that Nassib might very well go first to KC and if he doesn't, he will not make it past Buffalo.

He claimed that deep ball accuracy was a concern, and that several qb coaches that he spoke to said it could be corrected.

Just telling you what I heard.

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A former scout on the Ross Tucker show this morning I think his name was Rush Lindy??? said that after talking with other scouts at the senior bowl that it may turn out that Nassib may go #1 to the Chiefs. He also said that he most likely will not make it out of the top 10. For what it's worth...

To be honest, that wouldnt surprise me with how many needy QB teams are ahead of us and how clumped up all the QB's are. Geno Smith stands out for his dual threat ability, but other than that, the next 3 to 5 QB's can all be clumped together, gonna be interesting to see what happens at combine.

seems weird these scouts are all over the place..........

Here is a quick offseason warning: This is officially "silly season" in the NFL. You will hear various opinions and analysis that range all over the place on draft prospects and free agents. So take that for what it's worth.

But something that really caught my eye was ESPN NFL draft guru Todd McShay's take on Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib from this week's Senior Bowl practices. McShay is really down on Nassib, who is a strong target of the Buffalo Bills.

Todd McShay's Top 32 in.gif"Nassib's arm vastly overrated," McShaytweeted Wednesday. "Short/intermediate throws MPHs but struggles driving ball vertically on tape and see same at Senior Bowl."

Nassib struggling to throw vertically? That sounds a lot like Buffalo's last quarterback: Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Arm strength isn't everything. But the Bills do need a quarterback who can make all the throws, particularly in the swirling winds and inclement winter weather in Buffalo. The team has gone through several years of Fitzpatrick, who was very limited in what he can do.

Again, keep in mind this is just one analysis of many that will surface on Nassib over the next few months. But it is a red flag nonetheless.

Bills rookie head coach Doug Marrone obviously is high on Nassib and thinks the quarterback has an NFL future. That makes Buffalo a potential landing spot for Nassib.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I don't know ... don't hold your breath if this kid's stock rises ... some other team will snap him up unless Buffalo trades up.

Nassib stock is rising but Chip Kelly is high on Nick Foles, the Browns & Cardinals are a possibility but with Geno Smith & Matt Barkley out their & Matt Flynn & Alex Smith for trade We could grab Nassib at #8 which now I think if available we should because he is not going to fall to the 2nd round

Geno Smith stands out for his dual threat ability, but other than that, the next 3 to 5 QB's can all be clumped together, gonna be interesting to see what happens at combine.

I really don't think that Smith is much of a scrambler/runner

Tyler Wilson is a great choice

Yeah, I actually think Tyler Wilson is going to end up going in the first half of the first round, maybe ever the first QB taken once its all said and done. As we sit today, I think Geno is the clear favorite still to be the first QB taken (he can thank RG3, Wilson, and Newton for that), but Tyler, Barkley and Glennon are a great combine away from possibly taking that spot. Nassib would have to do some sensational things to move up to be the first QB taken IMO over the other guys, but I could see him be one of the 2nd to 4th QB's taken pretty easily with a great combine and stuff.

The more I read every day, I think it gets more and more likely that QB's are still going to at a frequent and early pace and the Bills are going to need to go QB at 8 in order to get a guy they like, even if they like him later in the round or even in the 2nd. There are a lot of QB needy teams in the first 8 picks of each round, so who ever doesnt get one in the first would likely grab one in the 2nd ahead of us still.

I really don't think that Smith is much of a scrambler/runner

He is no RG3, but he is the best prospect in this draft with scrambling ability. I am not saying the best scrambling QB...but the best QB prospect who presents a running ability threat too.

Edited by Alphadawg7

He is no RG3, but he is the best prospect in this draft with scrambling ability. I am not saying the best scrambling QB...but the best QB prospect who presents a running ability threat too.

Dysert seems like more of a scrambler to me. IMO, Smith is a pure pocket passer.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

A former scout on the Ross Tucker show this morning I think his name was Rush Lindy??? said that after talking with other scouts at the senior bowl that it may turn out that Nassib may go #1 to the Chiefs. He also said that he most likely will not make it out of the top 10. For what it's worth...

Not surprised

Dysert seems like more of a scrambler to me. IMO, Smith is a pure pocket passer.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

I agree on Dysert, just mean that Geno is a better overall prospect as a QB and still has the athletic ability that is now so coveted.

I agree on Dysert, just mean that Geno is a better overall prospect as a QB and still has the athletic ability that is now so coveted.

Fwiw, I watched Dysert on youtube, and I think that he does not even look like pro material. Imo he looks like a slower, less instinctive Flutie with a worse arm. Would you want the Bills to draft this kid?

You just might be elated, because there was a scout on Sirius this morning (I think that his last name is Lande). He said that Nassib might very well go first to KC and if he doesn't, he will not make it past Buffalo.

He claimed that deep ball accuracy was a concern, and that several qb coaches that he spoke to said it could be corrected.

Just telling you what I heard.

Yeah it must have been Russ Lande that you and mikespeed heard.

Lande was a scout for the Browns and the Rams. Like every scout, you can't/won't agree with everything he says but he has a lot more credibility than someone like Todd McShay IMO.

I dont think anyone considers Nassib a 1st round pick??

You are actually wrong. Listen to Sirius NFL radio. Right now there are mixed opinions on Nassib. Some think he is a top of the draft guy and others think he does not belong in the first round. I don't know if he will be any good, but I would not be shocked if he goes in the top 10. Time will tell. It seems like the Southern QBs at the senior bowl practices are doing well.

Fwiw, I watched Dysert on youtube, and I think that he does not even look like pro material. Imo he looks like a slower, less instinctive Flutie with a worse arm. Would you want the Bills to draft this kid?

No I don't and I think you misunderstood my post. Someone pointed out he was a better scrambler than Geno and I pointed out that Geno is arch better prospect as a QB who is also athletic. I don't like Dysert outside of a 4th round pick or later

The thing about Nassib is there is catch-22 if no one picks him before 8th and the Bills pass on him ... he may fall pretty far. If I am a GM looking for a QB and his former head coach and OC pass, I think to myself "If they have no confidence in him how can I trust what my scouts tell me about him". Just a thought but that may leave him there until round two.

I don't know if I take that chance if I want him but that may be an avenue of subterfuge for the FO.

The thing about Nassib is there is catch-22 if no one picks him before 8th and the Bills pass on him ... he may fall pretty far. If I am a GM looking for a QB and his former head coach and OC pass, I think to myself "If they have no confidence in him how can I trust what my scouts tell me about him". Just a thought but that may leave him there until round two.

I don't know if I take that chance if I want him but that may be an avenue of subterfuge for the FO.

It's possible. But it didn't seem to have an affect when Joe Philbin was named the coach of the Dolphins, he had Matt Flynn on his team, and didn't really go strong after him, but Seattle did. Of course, one could say they had their eyes on Tannehill and that is why they didn't. But Tannehill was a big risk regardless of what the OC Sherman might say, Sherman wasn't the decision maker, and they didn't know where Tannehill was going to be drafted.

Because there is no clear cut QB prospect this year, I would imagine that every team's Big Board of the top 7-8 QBs is different (however many teams really need one) There are very likely 32 different combinations of them, or close to it. And I would imagine each of the top 5 QBs rated will be #1 on someone's board.

Also, these guys all, rightfully, have huge egos. They all think they can spot talent. If a team is SO high on Nassib from their own scouting, and want to draft him in, say, the Top 20, they are likely not going to let the Bills passing on Nassib affect them much. especially if the Bills take a different position, or a player, like say geno or Wilson, who are also very highly rated, and that team thought highly of too.

It's possible. But it didn't seem to have an affect when Joe Philbin was named the coach of the Dolphins, he had Matt Flynn on his team, and didn't really go strong after him, but Seattle did. Of course, one could say they had their eyes on Tannehill and that is why they didn't. But Tannehill was a big risk regardless of what the OC Sherman might say, Sherman wasn't the decision maker, and they didn't know where Tannehill was going to be drafted.

Because there is no clear cut QB prospect this year, I would imagine that every team's Big Board of the top 7-8 QBs is different (however many teams really need one) There are very likely 32 different combinations of them, or close to it. And I would imagine each of the top 5 QBs rated will be #1 on someone's board.

Also, these guys all, rightfully, have huge egos. They all think they can spot talent. If a team is SO high on Nassib from their own scouting, and want to draft him in, say, the Top 20, they are likely not going to let the Bills passing on Nassib affect them much. especially if the Bills take a different position, or a player, like say geno or Wilson, who are also very highly rated, and that team thought highly of too.

well thought out post and why we need to draft Nassib 8th overall If our regime truly believe hes the guy