so now it's been one month since ''sequestering''

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While don't you all tell your stories about how these government spending cuts have "devastated" your life? :lol:

Some of the people I work with are furloughed.

But I won't suffer until September - I'm funded through Sept. 30; they can't cut my funding until then (when they will).

Some of the people I work with are furloughed.

But I won't suffer until September - I'm funded through Sept. 30; they can't cut my funding until then (when they will).

There should be an opening to tutor physics to DIN and Conner.

Don't worry, Obama's minions are still trying to figure out how to make the sequester as inconvenient as possible for as many as possible. It will take them several more months; his subordinates tend to be mentally challenged.

I'd rather be ass-raped in prison every day.

But would you rather be ass-raped in prison every day with a cactus?

Don't worry, Obama's minions are still trying to figure out how to make the sequester as inconvenient as possible for as many as possible. It will take them several more months; his subordinates tend to be mentally challenged.

Yeah, the whole thing would be comical if it weren't so sad. The departments making cuts are being pressured to do so in a way that will make the American citizen feel a real impact. It's like insisting on cutting down on an out-of-control household budget by getting rid of indoor plumbing and running water.

But would you rather be ass-raped in prison every day with a cactus?

Yeah, the whole thing would be comical if it weren't so sad. The departments making cuts are being pressured to do so in a way that will make the American citizen feel a real impact. It's like insisting on cutting down on an out-of-control household budget by getting rid of indoor plumbing and running water.

I think what he is really trying to say is that he'd actually rather be ass-raped in prison than just about anything else.

That's the union and the newer carriers ( all "non-white") here in the bay area. I know a few letter carriers and they would love to have the weekends off every week. They have 20 + years and said you are not hired these days if you are of european decent. The branch they work at in Marin County (in the rich, rich hills) is about 75% Fillipino.

DoD held off sending out the 30 day advance intent to furlough letters by two weeks... I think they go out next week or the week after. This could have really bit them in the azz if the number of furlough days stayed @ 22... I think it has been reduced to 14.

Anyway, there is a DRAFT where work appropriated for civil works will be exempt... But others will get furloughed... Like interns (wtf does that mean?), CPAC, etc.. There were times years ago when they asked you to go home and not work, only to pay the money anyway. Figure this one out... Say they furloughed staff... 20% pay cut... Not working one day a week... Only for the Union to sue and get all that money back in a lump sum come October withOUT working the hours... Oh my... That is what we could be staring @! LoL... But now we are frickan exempt...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

While don't you all tell your stories about how these government spending cuts have "devastated" your life? :lol:

4.5% cut of funding to my agency which supports individuals with developmental disabilities. It will ( and already has) effected; services available to individuals, employment opportunities/positions (up to and including layoffs), and employee morale (everyone is afraid for their jobs). This is an agency where there hasn't been a rate increase (money given to help individuals pay for their service) in 3 years.

It's really never financially rewarding to work in the human service field but these cuts are pushing that to the extreme. So devastated my life? Not quite. Felt every day (though admittedly much of this is because of the NYS budget) most definitely - and it will be getting worse I'm afraid.

4.5% cut of funding to my agency which supports individuals with developmental disabilities. It will ( and already has) effected; services available to individuals, employment opportunities/positions (up to and including layoffs), and employee morale (everyone is afraid for their jobs). This is an agency where there hasn't been a rate increase (money given to help individuals pay for their service) in 3 years.

It's really never financially rewarding to work in the human service field but these cuts are pushing that to the extreme. So devastated my life? Not quite. Felt every day (though admittedly much of this is because of the NYS budget) most definitely - and it will be getting worse I'm afraid.

Welcome to not nearly the same amount of pain that the private sector has been feeling for 5 years.

Welcome to not nearly the same amount of pain that the private sector has been feeling for 5 years.

We are private and that is why we are taking such a big hit. State workers have a union therefore they hit the non-union workers because hey what are we going to do? State employees already make nearly double for the same job. I hate unions and I hate how over top great it is to have a state job - it should be just a job, with the same pay range, benfits, etc... That however is a different rant for a different day!

4.5% cut of funding to my agency which supports individuals with developmental disabilities. It will ( and already has) effected; services available to individuals,

Yeah, I've noticed that some of our regular posters haven't been around much lately...