Possible Flynn trade to Raiders, Palmer to Cardinals

Virgil

The Raiders are apparently on the verge of trading for Flynn. The current hold up is one last ditch effort to restructure Palmer's contract. The theory on that is he wants out and won't budge. So if that trade goes through, Palmer then gets cut. From there, Arizona is strongly interested in signing. If both of those happen, then that's two less teams ahead of us that need a quarterback. With that, I think this also says a lot about first round qb talent if these teams would rather try their luck with these retreads than take Geno, who would have been there. Either way, should be an interesting development and have a significant impact

This would be an amazing stroke of luck for The Bills IMHO...

Some team could still jump in front of the Bills to grab a QB...But if all this goes down (Flynn to the Raiders and Palmer to the Cards) the path towards The Bills getting their choice of all the QB's in this Draft just opened WAY up...

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one... B-)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tongue was firmly in cheek my friend. It's a reaction to what half of the people think here. I have very little doubt we are going 6-10 or 7-9 like always haha.

Ahh! Sorry Dude I thought you were serious, I have witnessed so many doomsday reactions on this board and the B Bills offical Msg board it was just a instant reaction to the comment.

The Raiders are apparently on the verge of trading for Flynn. The current hold up is one last ditch effort to restructure Palmer's contract. The theory on that is he wants out and won't budge. So if that trade goes through, Palmer then gets cut. From there, Arizona is strongly interested in signing. If both of those happen, then that's two less teams ahead of us that need a quarterback. With that, I think this also says a lot about first round qb talent if these teams would rather try their luck with these retreads than take Geno, who would have been there. Either way, should be an interesting development and have a significant impact

It's a nice thought, but I can't see AZ passing on a future QB (assuming they think there's one worth taking) because they signed 33 year old Carson Palmer.

I know we had an amazing run of rookie QBs last year, but there are still a lot of guys who are going to need to hold a clipboard for a couple years.

That wasn't the question. The question is, why after four years under Marrone isn't Nassib considered a solid 1st round/franchise QB pick? Why isn't he considered the franchise QB that McNabb was coming out of college? It's only logical that either Marrone got the best of Nassib's average talent, or Marrone sucks at coaching his QBs up.

It's got nothing to do with peaking.

LOL.. I do believe he will be drafted in the first round. Is that not a first round QB? He is considered a 2nd round QB that will be taken in the first. When was the last time you heard of a solid franchise QB from Syracuse? I don't recall anyone since McNabb and Nassib does not equal McNabb..

Hey.. I am just saying I think they will draft him.. I really don't care what you think of Nassib quite frankly. He would not be my first choice.

So.. Lets see.. The guy running the organization is from Syracuse. The head coach and offensive coordinator are from Syracuse.. Logic tells me they draft the guy from Syracuse.

LOL.. I do believe he will be drafted in the first round. Is that not a first round QB? He is considered a 2nd round QB that will be taken in the first. When was the last time you heard of a solid franchise QB from Syracuse? I don't recall anyone since McNabb and Nassib does not equal McNabb..

Hey.. I am just saying I think they will draft him.. I really don't care what you think of Nassib quite frankly. He would not be my first choice.

So.. Lets see.. The guy running the organization is from Syracuse. The head coach and offensive coordinator are from Syracuse.. Logic tells me they draft the guy from Syracuse.

Syracuse Bills. Brandon has his own team now.

I said awhile ago i am interested in seeing what Dave Caldwell does at 2 with the jags pick.

If Geno gets past them and makes it to the Bills and they draft him it does not mean he will be bad, but i will be cautiously optimistic it turns out ok. Dave knows qbs. Him and i have had talks in the past about when he was a scout for Indy and they drafted Manning and when the Falcons drafted Ryan.

It is going to be a fun draft night for sure

I said awhile ago i am interested in seeing what Dave Caldwell does at 2 with the jags pick.

If Geno gets past them and makes it to the Bills and they draft him it does not mean he will be bad, but i will be cautiously optimistic it turns out ok. Dave knows qbs. Him and i have had talks in the past about when he was a scout for Indy and they drafted Manning and when the Falcons drafted Ryan.

I wanted Caldwell for Bills GM...I was very disappointed they did not go after him aggressively...

I do think most of these other teams are setting themselves up to wait on the QB in the top 10...But they each have different reasons...I would not read much into the Jags passing on a QB at #2...Every team, including the Bills, know there is no Luck or RGII in this Draft...J-Ville has a still-young, highly Drafted QB already on their Roster...Plus they have Henne...They will add a QB, in fact I'm sure they'll Draft one...But they can afford to wait till the 2nd Round or later knowing there is no sure-fire guy at #2...

I do think this Draft class at QB is forcing some teams with better Depth Charts than the Bills have to wait it out this year...Especially if Flynn goes to Oakland, and Palmer to Arizona...Those teams might still Draft a QB by the 2nd Round, but again...if there is no clear cut Franchise QB they can wait it out a bit...

The Bills are in a different situation than those teams...They can't afford to wait...Maybe trade down...but not wait...They must bring in young talent at QB in this Draft...Even if they do pick up Kolb, The Bills more than likely only view him as better competition for the #2 long-term...It gives them better depth at the position, and some insurance if there is an unexpected run on QB's from 1-7...But they still need a Rookie QB to challenge for the starting role...And if they get their pick of all the QB's at #8 I think it's a no-brainer...It's looking like a real possibility that Geno will end up available at #8 overall...I'm not holding my breath though...And if someone pops up ahead of the Bills to take Geno...well...Then the pressure is really on...

You're definitely right...It's going to be very interesting when it all plays out... B-)

This would be an amazing stroke of luck for The Bills IMHO...

Some team could still jump in front of the Bills to grab a QB...But if all this goes down (Flynn to the Raiders and Palmer to the Cards) the path towards The Bills getting their choice of all the QB's in this Draft just opened WAY up...

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one... B-)

Yeah this year's draft is gonna be particularly interesting and exciting.

The question is what is the effect if any that this movement of veteran QBs will have on the drafting of quarterbacks.

Only team to worry about now is Jax, and I don't see them taking a qb with all those holes. Just not sure they can give up on Gabbert yet. If Flynn goes to Oakland, there could be a great chance Geno ends up in Buffalo

Philadelphia is still very much a team in the picture for Geno and they will be standing in our way.

So, who was the last great QB from West Virginia, NC State, USC,.... The argument that <insert school here> doesn't produce top flight QBs (or pick your favorite position) is nonsense.

@JayGlazer

OAK has traded 2 picks to Seattle for Matt Flynn, will sign papers on it this AM & now trying to finalize Carson Palmer to AZ for late pick

@JayGlazer

The 2 picks the Raiders sent for Flynn are in 2014 and 2015 draft. Both are later rounds

Sounds like a steal. He should be a starter in this league. Only problem Oakland has been a graveyard for QB's since Gannon.

Raiders to trade Palmer to Cards after acquiring Matt Flynn from the Seahawks for late round picks in 2014 and 2015.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9120385/oakland-raiders-agree-trade-seattle-seahawks-matt-flynn-sources

QB hungry teams all making sure they have a Plan B beyond the draft.

@usatoday_nfl

Raiders shipping Carson Palmer to Cardinals http://usat.ly/XBwGkg

The Raiders got Flynn for nothing. A 5th rounder in next year's draft and a conditional pick two full years from now.

Cap relief for the Seahawks that they can use to help keep their team together longer.

Rumors of Leinart or Thigpen as backup QB to Wilson.