Fred Davis Signs With Skins

box0life

this

It's intersting that he signed so soon after his visit here. After the Bills free agency exploits last year perhaps his visit intimidated the skins into upping the offer. "Those Buffalo guys are liable to offer him the whole city" lol

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon staying on with new ownership? Cannot seeing any of those clowns remaining. Zero. Even the poor locker room janitor,will be fired.

This team is irreparable with the current front office. Overdorf, Littman the whole lot. They better hope Ralph leaves them a golden parachute because they will never stay in the league. The real problems ironically started 13+ years ago when Brandon was hired. Maybe that's more than coincidental.

Indeed. There may be some innocent, hard-working office people that get swept out with the rest of the trash, but it has to be done.

Allegedly??? show us all a credible link for that might back that up, please.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/redskins-re-sign-fred-davis/article/2525778

Davis had told friends he wanted to stay in Washington and the Redskins were confident in their ability to re-sign him. They had told people before free agency that they expected him to return. According to a league source, the Bills were willing to give Davis a two-year deal that was potentially worth nearly $700,000 more than Washington’s one-year offer.

Brandon staying on with new ownership? Cannot seeing any of those clowns remaining. Zero. Even the poor locker room janitor,will be fired.

This team is irreparable with the current front office. Overdorf, Littman the whole lot. They better hope Ralph leaves them a golden parachute because they will never stay in the league. The real problems ironically started 13+ years ago when Brandon was hired. Maybe that's more than coincidental.

Hmnn, I think you got something here. Wait till Nassib fits in the final piece. The cuse connection ?

I frankly had not paid much if any attention to the Fred Davis "saga" unfolding on TSW; I'm actually pleased to hear the Bills made a legitimate offer to the guy, even if he said no to return where he was comfortable.

I'll go you one better than that. Kudos to Nix for not going bigger on the offer (assuming he didn't).

The injury to Davis was a bad one ... one that not many (if any) return from at their previous level.

Signing Davis was a Merriman-like gamble. One worth taking if the price was right. But not to be taken if the price was too high.

Ultimately I think Davis was going to resign with the skins.

Nothing short of a Mario-offer-you-can't-refuse would have brought him to the B-Lo.

And Nix would have had to be a complete moron to do that.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'll go you one better than that. Kudos to Nix for not going bigger on the offer (assuming he didn't).

The injury to Davis was a bad one ... one that not many (if any) return from at their previous level.

Signing Davis was a Merriman-like gamble. One worth taking if the price was right. But not to be taken if the price was too high.

Ultimately I think Davis was going to resign with the skins.

Nothing short of a Mario-offer-you-can't-refuse would have brought him to the B-Lo.

And Nix would have had to be a complete moron to do that.

I would agree with you if I felt confident that they would instead use their cap room to address other roster holes. But I don't get the sense they are going to.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Well, let's look at what TEs are left in free agency (as of today).

Dallas Clark

Kevin Boss

Kellen Winslow

Todd Heap

Jeremy Shockey

Visanthe Shiancoe

David Thomas

Matthew Mulligan

Randy McMichael

Chris Cooley

Dante Rosario

Travis Beckum

Lets sighn Matthew Mulligan because it seems like thats all the Bills do is take mulligans weather it be coaches or GM'S :flirt:

I would agree with you if I felt confident that they would instead use their cap room to address other roster holes. But I don't get the sense they are going to.

And I submit that taking a big gamble here is not the thing to do either.

Who knows who the Bills end up with as a QB this season. TJax or worse perhaps. Even if Davis had a miracle happen, who throws it to him for his 1 or 2 years contract?

I believe it makes more sense to use that cap space to take a shot at a few training camp cuts of other teams. The odds are better of something good, or at lease useable, coming out of that.

Another failure by this front office. Can't lure free agents with no QB and no real plan. I'll give them credit for at least trying, but unless they over pay, I don't see them landing any significant free agents. Nix has been an absolute failure throughout his Bills tenure and it starts with the Gailey hire. We are a laughingstock again and it is getting very old. Add Regier as a total failure also. What has he done to improve this team.as we sit near the bottom of the standings with an owner that will freely spend for a winner. Why is Regier and Nix still employed?

Is it a failure if he was asking more than he was worth? :-/

I am puzzled with the interest they showed. The guy had 4 drug test violations. One came after the lockout and all those that failed this got a mulligan (some sort of fairness issue.) Then he was one of two players to fail the retest and gets a 4 game suspension. Would the Bills draft a college player with that kind of record? Maybe the details would have helped it make some sense but I'd put him in the "too stupid to play on my team" category.