ESPN Insider : McShay latest 2 rd mock draft

Dat Dude

very difficult to believe. even if they like Warmack or his style better, there are too many holes in this theory. one, he's unproven and two, yer using up a #8 pick just to make that *potential* upgrade. it's basically like trading a proven good player in Levitre AND the 8th overall pick for a slight upgrade in Warmack. with the other holes the Bills have, I cannot see how they could justify that, even for 2 million savings... not like they're up against it or anything.

It's not $2M in savings, it's probably closer to $5M/year...but I get what you're saying.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very difficult to believe. even if they like Warmack or his style better, there are too many holes in this theory. one, he's unproven and two, yer using up a #8 pick just to make that *potential* upgrade. it's basically like trading a proven good player in Levitre AND the 8th overall pick for a slight upgrade in Warmack. with the other holes the Bills have, I cannot see how they could justify that, even for 2 million savings... not like they're up against it or anything.

This.

The Very Good vs Ellite argument is fan speak. Levitre is a bird in hand Warmack is a dozen in the bush. I'm sure Buddy knows all about that type of a thing.

I would not like a G at #8. If anything I would prefer Dee Milliner if we dont go QB,WR, or LB at #8

CBF

For the love of God, please not another defensive back with our first round pick.

I'm amazed at the myopia around here. While I personally doubt the Bills will draft Warmack, it wouldn't bother me in the least. I can see them taking Fisher and moving Glenn over to LG. That would be a scary left side. But if Geno is there, that's who they're gonna take. In the meantime, know this:

1.) Chance Warmack is already a better G than Levitre and it's not even close. Twice the player for less than half the price might be tempting.

2.) Glenn is already a better G than he is a tackle and would also be an upgrade over Levitre. If they plugged Fisher in at LT, they would have seriously upgraded two positions on the line.

Either scenario is far from the worst thing that could happen, personnel wise, to this team. When you have so few good players, you gotta take blue chippers when they are there. But let's not let that get in the way of our short-sighted worries.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm amazed at the myopia around here. While I personally doubt the Bills will draft Warmack, it wouldn't bother me in the least. I can see them taking Fisher and moving Glenn over to LG. That would be a scary left side. But if Geno is there, that's who they're gonna take. In the meantime, know this:

1.) Chance Warmack is already a better G than Levitre and it's not even close. Twice the player for less than half the price might be tempting.

2.) Glenn is already a better G than he is a tackle and would also be an upgrade over Levitre. If they plugged Fisher in at LT, they would have seriously upgraded two positions on the line.

Either scenario is far from the worst thing that could happen, personnel wise, to this team. When you have so few good players, you gotta take blue chippers when they are there. But let's not let that get in the way of our short-sighted worries.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't disagree about Fisher...But he'll be gone by #8...If The Bills want to go O-Line at #8, which I don't believe they will, it will be Lane Johnson or nothing (I just don't see them taking an OG there period)...And at least one Scout, Daniel Jeremiah, thinks there is a chance that Joeckel, Fisher, and Johnson all go in the Top 7...

Anyway...Taking an OT like Johnson at least fits the organizational philosophy Buddy has tried to implement along the O-Line...Take OT's and move them inside if necessary...I don't think the Bills would move Glenn inside though...More likely they would move him to RT, and move Hairston to LG...Just my opinion... B-)

I get what you're saying...I'm wondering: would it make any difference to you if you knew the team felt that Warmack was an elite level OG, whereas Levitre wasn't?

Not saying that's how they feel, or that they'd be correct to feel that way...just wondering if it would change your opinion at all?

I guess I would say that first off, I disagree with the premise of your first statement, which is that Levitre wasn't "elite". I keep hearing some people say that, and I honestly don't know where these conclusions come from. Fine, we can disagree that he wasn't "elite", but he certainly by just about any metric has been one of the better guards in the league. He is durable, never misses a game. He didn't give up many sacks and the past two years the YPC behind him has been near or at the top of the league. If you want to dismiss these stats, fine, but from my point of view, just going by what I visually saw, he has been a beast.

So I guess that is the crux of it all, valuing his level of play. I consider him a top 5 guard, and some people don't.

In any case, if Levitre is earning $8M a year, and we go by what you and a few others believe, that Warmack will be better, which is a big if, but even if I were to accept that judgement, what would Warmack's potential value be if he were to live up to his expectations and look to get paid with his first re-signing contract? If Levitre is getting $8M, then surely Warmack an "elite" guard in today's world would be getting $9M a year.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't disagree about Fisher...But he'll be gone by #8...If The Bills want to go O-Line at #8, which I don't believe they will, it will be Lane Johnson or nothing (I just don't see them taking an OG there period)...And at least one Scout, Daniel Jeremiah, thinks there is a chance that Joeckel, Fisher, and Johnson all go in the Top 7...

Anyway...Taking an OT like Johnson at least fits the organizational philosophy Buddy has tried to implement along the O-Line...Take OT's and move them inside if necessary...I don't think the Bills would move Glenn inside though...More likely they would move him to RT, and move Hairston to LG...Just my opinion... B-)

Agree entirely. In speaking to a couple of people, they have Joeckel, Fisher, and Warmack rated as their top 3 players overall. While that speaks to the relative lack of impact talent at the top end, especially at the glamour (their word, not mine) positions, that in no way should diminish how highly rated these guys are. One of them would have rated Warmack after only Andrew Luck at this time last year.

Personally, it makes more sense to draft a blue chip LT who's already better than Glenn and move Glenn inside where he's a better G than Levitre anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the Bills' brass might not feel linebacker is a need? Think about it. They like Shepperd and Bradham. They can use either Mark Anderson or Mario at OLB. And they just signed Lawson to man the SS.

Now I'm not saying I agree with that, but that could be the case. They might just bring in some UDFAs and UFAs to fill in the back up spots.

This is the Bills we're talking about.

Edited by NoJustice

Has it ever occurred to anyone that the Bills' brass might not feel linebacker is a need? Think about it. They like Shepperd and Bradham. They can use either Mark Anderson or Mario at OLB. And they just signed Lawson to man the SS.

Now I'm not saying I agree with that, but that could be the case. They might just bring in some UDFAs and UFAs to fill in the back up spots.

This is the Bills we're talking about.

It's hard to believe they don't think LB is a need, regardless of how much they 'like' the guys. It was our worst position group by a mile last year. Hell, they would have taken Keuchly is Carolina didn't snap him up so they didn't think much of them last year, either.

GO BILLS!!!

Sounds like McShay said 'what did the Bills lose this off season, and who will be available?' He also used the Marrone tie to Nassib.

McShay proved once again why he should not be the heir apparent to Mel!

Not like Mel has been great for about a decade is ever.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

I guess I would say that first off, I disagree with the premise of your first statement, which is that Levitre wasn't "elite". I keep hearing some people say that, and I honestly don't know where these conclusions come from. Fine, we can disagree that he wasn't "elite", but he certainly by just about any metric has been one of the better guards in the league. He is durable, never misses a game. He didn't give up many sacks and the past two years the YPC behind him has been near or at the top of the league. If you want to dismiss these stats, fine, but from my point of view, just going by what I visually saw, he has been a beast.

So I guess that is the crux of it all, valuing his level of play. I consider him a top 5 guard, and some people don't.

In any case, if Levitre is earning $8M a year, and we go by what you and a few others believe, that Warmack will be better, which is a big if, but even if I were to accept that judgement, what would Warmack's potential value be if he were to live up to his expectations and look to get paid with his first re-signing contract? If Levitre is getting $8M, then surely Warmack an "elite" guard in today's world would be getting $9M a year.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to wrap their mind around the possibility that Levitre, while being a good player, might not have been the type of player that they valued that highly at that position. Perhaps they wanted someone more physical. Different schemes utilize different attributes. For example, one player might be perfect for a zone block scheme, but a poor fit for a power blocking scheme, and vice versa. Isn't it at least possible that they wanted to be tougher up front? I noticed year before last when we played the Jets that our offense was physically dominated and beat up by their D. Levitre does many things well, but he is more of a finess blocker than a mauler. That means you're less likely to pick up short yardage first downs behind him, and your QB is less likely to have a pocket to step up into to deliver a strike.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm amazed at the absurdity of this post.

Chance has played 0 downs in the NFL.

Glenn is not a Guard. Glenn is a good NFL LT.

Pure Drivel.

According to some of you David DeCastro is a HoFer Guard too.

Edited by Why So Serious?