Active Player Coming Out of the Closet - are you okay with that?

So, the gay parade marches on.

So all you gay lovers, if your child is a homosexual and gets married to his / her lover, you'd be totally comfortable at the wedding reception then?

I know you'll all say no problem...He'd make me proud, move on society, I raised him right etc....BUT you cant tell me you wouldn't be a little uncomfortable. Sure, you will say you are fine with it.....but me thinx not.

jb

The bibile says it's fine, so just move on.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you didn't disappoint. Nothing is natural occurring or normal. I might have seen a distinction had you made one.

The Distinction or difference or dissimilarity or division is that naturally occurring homosexuality can be had on both scales, BUT, from the pro-gay side it is natural only to our genes, and for the anti-gay side, it’s natural only to our environment. There aren’t too many people saying that homosexuality is a product of both our genes and our environment. Does that about clear it up for you?

Tim-

So all you gay lovers, if your child is a homosexual and gets married to his / her lover, you'd be totally comfortable at the wedding reception then?

I know you'll all say no problem...He'd make me proud, move on society, I raised him right etc....BUT you cant tell me you wouldn't be a little uncomfortable. Sure, you will say you are fine with it.....but me thinx not.

jb

yup - i will love my kids and be happy for their happiness even if they do something you think is icky.

Edited by NoSaint

jb

I don't know what is in your heart but what you wrote, in my opinion, projects your problems with people who are different than you on to the rest of us. You are certainly entitled to feel however you feel about it, as are the rest of us who feel entirely differently.

wow, started off pc and then some people got home from the A shift I guess? I register with the who the !@#$ cares crowd. Be gay, tell the world, tell everyone who wants to hear, be militant doesn't mean a thing to me. gay son, gay daughter: don't care. My dog is super gay: don't care.

To some of the guys who wanted to protect gays from bodily harm by keeping this thing a mandated secret, I mean come on. Even if you really believe it is for their protection and they could be subject to bodily harm; gay dudes and ladies have to stand up for what they believe in and be allowed to say !@#$ the consequences of me being true to me.

Most of you will deny it but at some point - you may have had curiosities - tendencies - man crushes - you may have used alcohol as an excuse why you may have accidentally "played" with your buddy that one time in college or grade school...

??????? "played" with your buddy? i think this might apply to females as most of them have fooled around with another female while in their college years.

i don't think men "play" --------- that play is called being gay IMO.

The gay empire hasn't transformed all of us yet. That being said most people could care less who is and isn't gay anymore. It makes headlines for a second or two and then is accepted. As someone said earlier 98.9 percent of the people on this thread are very tolerant, and that seems to be the same out there in the real world.

come on out, everyone else is, the timing is right.

also kudos to the non pc people, i respect your opinions as well. too many lemmings in this world.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

jb

Well, that's a neat little trap you've constructed there. Handy for you to be able to dismiss anyone who disagrees.

I don't have kids, but my brother's gay and I would love to be able to attend his wedding. Yes, I know, you know that I'm secretly uncomfortable with it, thanks for letting me know that I've been deluding myself for 20 years.

jb

My cousin's gay and no one in the family gives a ****. Her mom couldn't get her head around it, which was sad, but she's dead now and none of the rest of us care. She brings her partner with her to family events and as far as I know no one is the least bit uncomfortable with it.

jb

I will be honest, I would be fine with it and have a bunch of gay friends. With that being said I would worry about some of the hardships are persecution that they would feel growing up. As a parent you want whats best for your child and there would be some challenging times for them growing up that heterosexual children would not face.

Part 1

Actually it is a fairly new phenomenon. You’re showing your ignorance on the subject matter.

Prove to the board that gays had no desire to have families of their own until the 1970s.

I'll wait.

Oh, and why is it wrong? Are we to just take your word for it? Is the logic unsound in some way? I’m saying that it is highly suspect that a creature wired for same sex attraction, would ignore that intrinsic characteristic in order to make babies. I ask again; what mechanism do you suppose is at play here?

Just for reference, this was your original statement: "Why would a homosexual orientation manifest into a desire to procreate?"

It's an absurd question and even a more absurd deduction. And your response is to swim upstream against logic. You're stating that the only reason people procreate is because we're genetically wired to reproduce. It's a factor, but certainly not the only factor at play.

So again, your argument is unfounded, illogical, and incorrect.

Hmmm.. You seem quite sure that homosexuality has existed since the dawn of time, but of course you have absolutely no way of knowing that. Or did you mean since recorded time? There have been great efforts to revise the historical record about homosexuality including the Native American Indians, Ancient China, and various other cultures but when one actually looks at the anthropological data with a grain of skepticism they see things as not quite what pro-gay advocates what them to be. For instance, all through the 90’s the homosexual lobby was keen on the idea of showing that ancient Greeks, and Romans participated in homosexual behavior, and although that it true, the recent narrative is to form distinctions between the two. Know why? Because the homosexual behavior practiced back then was mostly for the aristocracy, and mostly male on young boy sex.

It's nice that you can so easily dismiss over 2,000 years of historical records as being "revised" by the pro gay rights movement. Kind of makes it difficult to offer the proof you seek to contradict your claim. But in reality, we are forced to rely upon facts. As a historian myself, I can assure you that there is evidence of homosexuality throughout the entire history of the human species. Pick up some primary source documents and do some reading.

Lesbian instances of homosexuality are virtually and I mean virtually none-existent in any culture and through all of ancient history. Seems odd that there were gay males but not gay females

Woefully ignorant of history and the human experience, not to mention the fact that humanity has existed in a largely patriarchal society and the ramifications from that when it comes to recorded history. But please, continue to demonstrate your ignorance.

and I understand why the gay lobby would want to remove themselves from being associated with what is considered pedophilia in Greece and Rome. In addition, in Sparta, and Athens, along with Rome, in the military there were no females around, and these men would be without female contact for years. Are men that have sex with men in prison gay, or are they straight but behaving gay?

This is a clear cut example of inappropriate generalization. Just because it's possible for straight men to engage in homosexual acts and still be straight doesn't mean that everyone performing homosexual acts is actually straight.

Logic 101. Step your game up.

I never said it was factual, indeed I actually stated that it was my opinion, but you chose to quote me even saying it was my opinion, and claim I was making factual claims. That’s a bit odd?

Considering I quoted you directly, word for word, it's not odd. I said you have a right to your opinion but it doesn't make it fact. Amazing you could find a way to argue this point, but since you're the one claiming that all of history has been retouched by the all powerful gay rights lobby, then I guess it probably shouldn't amaze me.

Would you like me to spell it out to you? Look up intrinsic and mechanism and then read the sentence again. It will all magically make sense to you.

Sure. Spell it out for me.

Here's your original sentence: "Can you give me an example of a scenario where homosexual same sex sexuality would have a feature built into it that would ignore its intrinsic mechanism (same sex attraction and no other) of sexual gratification, only to still procreate?"

You want an example of a scenario where "homosexual same sex sexuality" (redundant much) would have a feature built into it that would ignore its naturally occurring attraction to members of the same sex in order to procreate? Because if so, that's just gobbily gook.

And I'm being kind. Your mastery of the language needs work if you think that's a coherent question or even a complete statement.

You know, I’m beginning to suspect you have a reading comprehension problem.

Based on your writing skills and diminished capacity for coherent thought and reason, I don't find that hard to believe.

Edited by We Come In Peace

Why do we even have societal norms/mores/folkways/taboos... Let it all ride. My neighbor down the street is unemployed and needs health benefits until they get back on their feet... Just marry somebody that is working... How well is that going to work out...

To me, I really don't care what people do... But, in the end it is a numbers game. There are rules to everything. Where does society draw the line? If nobody is shamed into anything, won't there be chaos? I mean, we still have to function under the parameters of a unified society.

Won't the system go bankrupt. Should this players significant other be entitled to his retirement? Why stop @ single marriages?

Oh, Marc. Oh, Marc. What you don't know on the subject is a lot.

While I'm not an expert on the subject of homosexuality, there are plenty of social scientists and evolutionary biologists who ARE experts and have dedicated their lives to this subject using logic, reason, and the scientific method. I go by what they say.

And NONE of them (or at least the ones from credible, i.e. non-religious, institutions) would agree with D521646's assertion that homosexuality is a conscious choice or that homosexuality is due to narcissism, low self-esteem, child molestation, or the social environment.

The overwhelming consensus is that it is due to some still undetermined combination of genetic and prenatal environment factors. But while the exact cause of homosexuality is not settled fact, D521646's explanation was completely nonsensical.

Go to a library, e-mail professors, and read scientific journals if you're not a fan of Marc Miller's ideas.

(Part 2)

I already said that in recent human times we can have kids without actually having sex. Did you miss that part? My question though is, how is our biological function affected by this relatively new way to have babies? Answer? It isn’t. Surely you see the difference between a medical reality as different from a biological function in humans?

And yet you're making the supposition that we are all slaves to our base functions. Besides having no point in this discussion, it paints a startlingly ignorant portrait of how you believe human beings make decisions.

Ah, so your modus operand is to acknowledge that I destroy your argument, and then to just plain ignore it. Gotcha.

For the record, your statement was this: "Evolution doesn’t know we have turkey basters now. The biological design of humans hasn’t evolved to know we have sperm and egg banks." Which again, has nothing to do with the discussion whatsoever. Hence my reply: "Great point. Meaningless, but great."

Clearly we can add sarcasm to the long list of things you fail to understand.

I’m not trying to win.

Thank Christ for that because if you were trying to win you are doing a terrible job of it.

but the questions I raise are legitimate questions, that are all too often met with remarks like “you’re a homophobe, or a bigot, or a racist, and hateful”. It generally indicates that the person I’m debating is not well informed, intellectually dishonest, or incapable of objective analysis, and it’s much easier to label someone as a homophobe than debate the merits of the opposing viewpoint.

I haven't leveled a single one of those charges against you.

I don't need to because you've done a wonderful job of showing your own ignorance on the topic. You don't have to be a bigot to be wrong.

jb

:w00t:

Can I...can I at least call this guy a bigot?

jb

The fact that you could love your own child less, and support him less, for being born a certain way speaks volumes more about you then it does about anyone else.

As a parent the only thing I want for my kids is their happiness, and a large poart of that happiness comes from taking pride in who they are, and being comfortable in their own skin. My kids will never have to pretend they are something that they aren't in order to please me to the fullest, they just have to want to be the very best them that they can be.

jb

I'll bite and not easily dismiss this. If my kid was gay I'd still love them because well they're my child.....However no parent in their right mind would not be worried about their safety regardless of their feelings about homosexuality. The stigma and ever real medical dangers that surround it. As a parent you want the absolute best for your child, and above all you want your child to love and be loved, but one must also realize the social fight that will go along with acceptance from others. However above all if you can't put aside your social view of homosexuality for the benefit of your child you pretty much suck as a parent. You don't have to agree with the lifestyle, but your blood will always be your blood

While I'm not an expert on the subject of homosexuality, there are plenty of social scientists and evolutionary biologists who ARE experts and have dedicated their lives to this subject using logic, reason, and the scientific method. I go by what they say.

And NONE of them (or at least the ones from credible, i.e. non-religious, institutions) would agree with D521646's assertion that homosexuality is a conscious choice or that homosexuality is due to narcissism, low self-esteem, child molestation, or the social environment.

The overwhelming consensus is that it is due to some still undetermined combination of genetic and prenatal environment factors. But while the exact cause of homosexuality is not settled fact, D521646's explanation was completely nonsensical.

Go to a library, e-mail professors, and read scientific journals if you're not a fan of Marc Miller's ideas.

I'm no authority on the subject, and quite frankly it's not anything I'm terribly concerned with, but I heard a doctor on the radio once say that 80% +/- of gay men were molested as kids. I don't have any confirmation of this, but if true that sounds like way too high a number to be a coincidence.

I'm no authority on the subject, and quite frankly it's not anything I'm terribly concerned with, but I heard a doctor on the radio once say that 80% +/- of gay men were molested as kids. I don't have any confirmation of this, but if true that sounds like way too high a number to be a coincidence.

Why on earth should anyone believe that that number is true?