Sinus Issues, I'm Dying Here ! Need Some Ideas !

TSNBDSC

Move back to the US. Every six blocks there's a drugstore with a whole aisle of OTC meds to alleviate those symptoms.

Otherwise, tea with lemon & honey cures anything.

Edited by KD in CT

... feels like someone sticking a knife in my head ... someone kill me ... any ideas, home remedies, etc. would be greatly appreciated ... yours in facial pain and pressure, tom ...

I hear ya. I do bodywork and live in the cold. I `m just getting over one. I went old school . Went and got a jar of vicks. I put it on my chest and neck ,covered my chest with a washcloth and put on a loose sweatshirt. Breathing the vapors really opened me up.. Some people put a old wool sock on there neck over the vicks also. Another old remedy here in the backwoods pa. is to get some boiling water in a pot and cut up some onions in it. put a towel over your head and breath. Works the same with vicks I`m told. Goodluck.

Boil some water in a big pot and breathe in the steam. Gives a little bit of relief. You might need amoxicillan.

My son is getting over a real bad sinus infection... Doc gave him amox... 875mg twice a day for 10 days.

This weather isn't helping... Last year @ this time it was almost 90 degrees out! Now it is the teens to 30's...

Move back to the US. Every six blocks there's a drugstore with a whole aisle of OTC meds to alleviate those symptoms.

Otherwise, tea with lemon & honey cures anything.

Some Crown Royal with that always helps too!

Lifelong allergy sufferer here, with sinus headaches almost every day. A few tips from my experience:

1) If this is chronic, get an allergy test to figure out the underlying causes, so that you can deal with them environmentally or medicinally.

2) This sounds weird but it's my most helpful tip: when I have sinus pressure in which I can tell which part of my sinuses is particularly full, I use accu-pressure on the adjacent area of my forehead. I find the softer spots in my forehead (where the skull plates come together) and push hard with my fingertips. I can actually feel the goop draining out of my sinunses when I do that.

3) If you drink alcohol, make sure to drink a lot of water. This is a good tip regardless of other health problems, but with my sinus issues, I get a skull-crushing headache whenever I drink booze without drinking lots of water.

I would get sinusitus every couple of months for the longest time

I also had an allergy to long haired cats

So what did I do? I got a SHORT HAIRED CAT for the house

Something about biulding a tolerence to the cat with the short hair completely cured me....and I now even have a long haired norweigan cat that I can literally put my face in his fur and not get a allergic reaction