Fred Davis FA TE has dinner with Bills brass

Scott_36

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is it would be a high risk/high reward signing. There is a huge chance that with his disciplinary issues and injury history, the signing could blow up in the Bills faces. There is also a good chance, that if he could stay healthy and out of trouble, he could be a multiple Pro Bowl type of player-big "If" though.

It doesn't matter he will be sighning with the jets tommrow anyway.

So the whole crew flies out to Washington to have dinner with him and talk to him. They leave without a contract. Then, they set up a time for him to come to Buffalo to meet again. And now they're going their separate ways AGAIN without a contract?

What the hell was the point of this second visit with him then? You'd think if they couldn't get on the same page as far as money goes, they'd realize that after their dinner in Washington.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

So the whole crew flies out to Washington to have dinner with him and talk to him. They leave without a contract. Then, they set up a time for him to come to Buffalo to meet again. And now they're going their separate ways AGAIN without a contract?

What the hell was the point of this second visit with him then? You'd think if they couldn't get on the same page as far as money goes, they'd realize that after their dinner in Washington.

Ummm... because he has to take a thorough physical and visit the facility and city before the team has any idea of his health and before he has any idea of whether he wants to sign and play here?

ever do an interview that is more than one stage, or been courted by multiple companies?

they likely wouldnt even be talking, frankly, if they werent in the same neighborhood cash wise, but as kelly points out both sides are gathering information and weighing options.

It's a Free Agency Choose-Your-Own-Adventure!

"If you want the Bills to be active in free agency, turn to page 3."

"If you want the Bills to stand pat in free agency, turn to page 3."

/Turns to page 3

"I am so f#€&ing done with this team!"

Shefter says the Bills offered him a contract. I actually feel pretty good about our chances. At least 50-50. I think the Skins are probably out of it.

Washington free-agent TE Fred Davis has contract offers from Bills and Redskins in his pocket as he goes to visit N.Y. Jets.

Ha, well, the league does list it as a performance enhancer... :o

1.8, but yes. :nana:

Nope. Multiply Davis' numbers by 1.8 and you get 180% of his numbers, which I think we can all agree would be a good signing. To get 80% of Davis, you need to multiply by 0.8. But now that you bring it up, I'm more interested in getting 180% of Davis pre-injury. Maybe we can sign him on the cheap?

I think if the Bills QB Situation was more stabilized, he definitely would have signed with the Bills.

I agree with the 50/50 chance as of now.

I just think the Jets situation is a mess. Rex Ryan probably won't be there next year. They don't have a good running game. Marty Mornhinweg shouldn't really thrill him, although he's had a decent career. I think if the offers are close, even without a QB, the Bills look like a better move.

Nope. Multiply Davis' numbers by 1.8 and you get 180% of his numbers, which I think we can all agree would be a good signing. To get 80% of Davis, you need to multiply by 0.8. But now that you bring it up, I'm more interested in getting 180% of Davis pre-injury. Maybe we can sign him on the cheap?

We were talking about the fraction of Chandler's prod---and I've gone cross eyed.

Bottom line he is using the Jets for more money. I know Bills fans can't get this and every FA in the world should consider themselfs blessed the Bills look their way, but its a business. And If I were a player I would get free trips and dinners from everyone I could THEN decide. Even if team #1 is the team I was going to go to from the get go. You never know what someone could offer....and free food is something you never turn down!!

Bottom line he is using the Jets for more money. I know Bills fans can't get this and every FA in the world should consider themselfs blessed the Bills look their way, but its a business. And If I were a player I would get free trips and dinners from everyone I could THEN decide. Even if team #1 is the team I was going to go to from the get go. You never know what someone could offer....and free food is something you never turn down!!

So what if he is using the Jets for more money? That is exactly what he and his agent should be doing. And I think most fans know and understand this. Just who is it you're talking about?

I completely understand the reasoning. From what I can tell, he would rather like to stay in Washington. However, it seems that the Redskins don't consider him important enough to shell out big bucks for him. These trips are likely as much bargaining chips for Davis as they are prospective interviews. In the end, I'm not worried about the Jets outbidding us, because quite simply they don't have the money. They'll have *maybe* three million after their draft picks and they've already jettisoned a good chunk, if the not the majority of their starters. A second linebacker really isn't going to be high on their bidding list.

In the end, I see one of two scenarios.

1) The Redskins ease up and make a competitive counteroffer. Considering that the 'Skins are in dire cap space problems and betting on a player coming off ACL surgery, I doubt it.

2) The Bills throw in more cash than he's going to get anywhere else, which is likely more than he appears to be worth, and hope that he plays above it.

Good analysis, but with Davis there's definitely some depreciation brought on by the pot that we'll call "external obsolescence." It can be cured, but in the long run it'll help bring down the overall value of the property player.

Good analysis, but with Davis there's definitely some depreciation brought on by the pot that we'll call "external obsolescence." It can be cured, but in the long run it'll help bring down the overall value of the property player.

Yeah, well. That's just like, uh...your opinion, man.