''Rocketship 7'' newspaper article

Great read to begin this day! I need to seek out Dave Thomas in Philly

Great read indeed! I can't believe that Dave Thomas is 77! Great memories...

Hey, I'm right here! Glad to be out of storage.

PTR

Haha :D

First AJ, now Ann. Who's next? Bob Lamb?

Although I don't remember the theme song I always watched Rocketship 7 and Commander Tom. It was funny that the show lasted till 1978, I can't remember when I started getting too old for it.

I remember the call in game where the lucky caller had to pick a planet, behind the planet was the prize for the caller. As I recall, most of the prizes were lame gift certificates but every once in a while there would be a bike or cool prize. Once I remember a girl got to be the lucky caller, she picked her planet and got a boys gift,(like a race set or something), Captain Dave was trying to ask if she had a brother or something, and she hung up.

On sick days I would get to stay home and watch Nolan Johanes on "Dialing for Dollars", also a classic!

Ok everybody:

10...9....8...7...ingintion sequence start, engines on....5....4...3...2...1...liftoff, we have liftoff!! Cue the theme song.

One of the highlights of my early life was meeting and getting Promos autograph at some WNY home show 45 plus years ago.

I sat in the audience for a show at WKBW. Rocketship 7 set on one side, and Dialing for Dollars on the other. I spilled my orange pop on my corduroy pants.

Dave and Promo visited my grade school and they supplied orange pop (and pizza) for everyone. Must have been a major sponsor of the show.

loved that show. can't help but compare it to kid's shows today. we need more commander toms. i still remember a few lines from from davy and goliath too: "what about the man with the polka dot pants" and "gee davy, god doesn't love dogs" or something like that. don't know what strangeness makes me remember those though.

loved that show. can't help but compare it to kid's shows today. we need more commander toms. i still remember a few lines from from davy and goliath too: "what about the man with the polka dot pants" and "gee davy, god doesn't love dogs" or something like that. don't know what strangeness makes me remember those though.

Yeah! The good ole days when our kid's entertainment was brought to you by guys tripping on acid. :thumbsup: