NCAA Tournament

Gordio

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd a athlete would have such brittle bones.

It wasn't my first thought, but then I was like how did it break from that? I remember Sam Bouie's breaking in somewhat the same fashion, though not quite as gruesome. And, he definitely had brittle bones, because he broke them many times.

And, Sam was way taller so his thin legs had much more weight on them.

It wasn't my first thought, but then I was like how did it break from that? I remember Sam Bouie's breaking in somewhat the same fashion, though not quite as gruesome. And, he definitely had brittle bones, because he broke them many times.

And, Sam was way taller so his thin legs had much more weight on them.

It looked like a simple leap. OK land wrong and twist a ankle maybe but bust a leg?

It looked like a simple leap. OK land wrong and twist a ankle maybe but bust a leg?

A perfect storm. Think Tacoma narrows bridge. Strong yet vulnerable to a specific set of circumstances. Or... He had something like a tumor and his broken leg saved his life. Like that guy who was traded from the lions a few years ago who failed physical and voided trade due to the discovery of a brain tumor.

That was a crazy injury yesterday though. Worst thing I've seen since zednik and malarchuck. Way worse than theisman, Sid vicious, Napoleon Kaufman, etc.. At least you didn't see the protruding bone like you did with this ware guy. Everything happens for a reason. This guy just needs to figure out his reason.

Please, Duke beat Louisville, so I do not have to endure another offseason of UNC fans talking how overrated Coach K is and how UNC is going to be so much better next year.

Dook fan, or just anti-Carolina? Besides, the only fans I hear calling Coach K "overrated" are Dook fans. Carolina fans know he's a great coach, which is one of the reasons why we hate Dook so much. Well, that, plus the neverending parade of Plumlees.

And by the way, Carolina will be much better next year.

Edited by eball

Dook fan, or just anti-Carolina? Besides, the only fans I hear calling Coach K "overrated" are Dook fans. Carolina fans know he's a great coach, which is one of the reasons why we hate Dook so much. Well, that, plus the neverending parade of Plumlees.

And by the way, Carolina will be much better next year.

was not a pro duke or anti Carolina statement. Just more the same of what you hear at the end of every season here. Carolina will be better. Duke will be weaker. Coach K is amazing. Roy Williams a turncoat douche. Nothing changes.

A perfect storm. Think Tacoma narrows bridge. Strong yet vulnerable to a specific set of circumstances. Or... He had something like a tumor and his broken leg saved his life. Like that guy who was traded from the lions a few years ago who failed physical and voided trade due to the discovery of a brain tumor.

That was a crazy injury yesterday though. Worst thing I've seen since zednik and malarchuck. Way worse than theisman, Sid vicious, Napoleon Kaufman, etc.. At least you didn't see the protruding bone like you did with this ware guy. Everything happens for a reason. This guy just needs to figure out his reason.

Every time I see something about Sid Vicious, I think how'd the Sex Pistols guy break his leg..

I was thinking about this and then it hit me. I remember an SI article that talked about stress fractures and hot zones. It actually had a picture of Sam Bouie with his leg having basically two knees as he landed. Not as horrible an angle as yesterday, but still ugly.

It was probably around 1987, because I had really bad shin splints from playing hoops just about every day, in several leagues, etc. What it said was that shin splints is symptom of these hot spots, and the bone is getting weaker in that area, and may even have a stress fracture that you don't know about.

I'll bet anything that he was having shin splints, and maybe even a stress fracture before the jump. It's like Derek Jeter last year. He was having so many problems with the ankle, hit it several times with the ball, was limping, etc. and then a routine grounder comes to him and he doesn't do anything abnormal but the ankle finally breaks.

Speculation from doctors that he may have had some undetected stress fractures that exacerbated that injury.

I want to say I saw that on CBS Sports

That has to be it. I remember when I had those shin splints and read that article, I was thinking that it was going to happen to me......My teammates said that I was ridiculous.

Luckily, I could never jump very high anyway!

So, as Jim said, it's weird for an athlete to have such brittle bones, but really it's because of being an athlete that makes them brittle in certain areas.

The Final Four Concert Show??? Wtf..college sports is sooooo overly commercialized. I am so done with this $%#@$.

I thought it was a nice gesture on their part to support the LGBT community.........