Donald Jones is a New England Patriot

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will (or already have?) cut Lloyd, who apparently was a huge problem in the locker room last year (probably lots of wet towel whipping and purple nurples).

He's due a 3m roster bonus. They could easily just be bringing Sanders in to scare Lloyd to renegotiate. They do crap like that all the time and it works.

It doesn't matter. Do you really think that one guy signing first has anything whatsoever to do with their talent? Jones on the Patriots fills a small specific need: a tough physical guy on the outside who can block. Nelson on the Patriots doesn't make nearly as much sense: a skinny tall seam route runner down the middle (they have 3-4 of these guys already).

Or may be this had something to do with it:

They will (or already have?) cut Lloyd, who apparently was a huge problem in the locker room last year (probably lots of wet towel whipping and purple nurples).

Considering they only offered Welker $5M/year, I can't see them paying Lloyd $4.9M (bonus plus base salary).

hopefully, he will continue to mistime his jumps.

I think he times them well..It took 2 seconds for fitz to throw it in the dirt and 3 seconds for him to throw it behind him...who knows how long it would have taken if he had the arm strength to throw it over him.

Or may be this had something to do with it: http://twitter.com/D...641458727444480

Yeah, I had seen that all this week that he was tweeting from India. It seemed strange to me, but then I assumed that he had to be still nursing his injury and couldn't work out for teams. That is the only explanation for not being in the States at the beginning of FA when you're looking for a job.

Wait a minute!!! Maybe Jones can actually play a little bit. :oops:

That's what I'm thinking. Someone in the NE organization saw enough in him to think he could amount to something with Marcia throwing to him.

I wish him luck (except for two games a year ;) ). Going from the Bills to almost anywhere else has got to be an upgrade for a WR.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Jones will kill Buffalo soon......he looked much sharper last year IMO.....but understand why he was a casualty as he just can't shake the injuries.

with a real qb he would have had a few more TD's.............congrats DJ, glad to see someone scooped him up.

Yes. Good football player, terrific special teamer. Not sure why we let him go, frankly.

I know that I'm probably int he minority, but Jones showed flashes of good ability in his time here. He is quick, a good runner after the catch and a strong blocker. He was inconsistent (as Gailey liked to point out), but you have to ask how much of that was inconsistency from the QB position? He obviously burned NE enough during our games with them to earn their respect.