Landing spot for Fitz?

Where do people think he will end up? I would have said San Francisco, Arizona, NY Giants, Baltimore, Indianaoplis, or Minnesota. Looks like Minnesota just signed Cassell as a back-up. Maybe Jacksonville is the only place where he would actually compete for a starting spot. Those other teams would be perfect for a very good back-up with a little mobility.

I know who cares. Look I like the guy and telling Spikes to go F himself was the highlight of the last decade of QB play. I hope he lands a good job and gets a ring in San Francisco.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wished harder than most that Fitz would improve his game and be the QB Buffalo deserved. And if I'm not lighting any candles for J.P. Losman or Trent Edwards, I'm sure as hell not wishing for Fitz to win the freaking super bowl. Call me ungrateful for letting him throw passes into the dirt at the feet of our receivers. We can find someone else to not restructure their contract or hide a team-hindering rib injury, who is younger and has a killer instinct. Lets roll the dice with a promising rookie or a mobile QB at this point.

I can totally picture Fitz hoisting the Lombardi as a backup Qb for some contender. How perfect would that be?

It pains me to say it, and NOBODY wanted Fitz gone more than me, but as bad as he was, he has a ton of experience, and will be a great back up for the right team. He would NOT have been a great backup for the Bills though.

Probably somewhere nice, warm, near an ocean is what I would guess

Right down on I-95. JAX

Probably somewhere nice, warm, near an ocean is what I would guess

Sure why not...With the 20M from the Bills for a 7-20 record, he can buy an entire island off the Florida coast.

Looking like Jaguars are the team most interested in him to come in and compete with Henne and Gabbert.

http://blackandteal.com/2013/03/12/ryan-fitzpatrick-released-potential-qb-competition-for-jags/

I think that Fitz is better than those guys. I also think that he is better than what is in Arizona and no worse than Carson Palmer and Mark Sanchez. There are a few other places where he may be as good as the guy starting (STL, Tenn, Minn). Some of those QB situations will obviously change at the draft. By no means do I think that Fitz was the answer here but the people arguing that Losman, Edwards, etc... were better don't have much to stand on. We are just so close to the situation that we let our emotion in the way of our judgement. He was what he was about the 25th or so best QB in the league. That just is not good enough for a team that hasnt had a guy better than 25th or so in a decade. With that being said, I hope that Fitz lands on his feet maybe with the Colts.

Don Banks writes about the Backup QB Market and it is a shame that he fails to write even a single line about Fitz..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130314/nfl-backup-quarterback-market-cassel-kolb/?sct=uk_t11_a5

Also, I don't understand why these pundits have Kolb going to the Jets...The Jets are already on the hook for close to 10M at the QB position for Sanchez. I don't understand how they can add another 3-4M to that position to get Kolb and compete. Kolb to the Bills would actually make more sense (as a primary backup).

Looking like Jaguars are the team most interested in him to come in and compete with Henne and Gabbert.

http://blackandteal.com/2013/03/12/ryan-fitzpatrick-released-potential-qb-competition-for-jags/

There's no sign theyre interested, that's just some guy musing. Funny thing by the end he even talks himself out of the motion they'd be interested lol

"I personally don’t think that Fitzpatrick will really be that much of an improvement (if at all) over Henne or Gabbert and could be a waste of money. There are times when Fitzpatrick flashes, but most of the time he doesn’t do enough to keep his team afloat. If the Jaguars wanted a mediocre game manager, they could keep Gabbert and not have a competition. Even with Fitzpatrick available, I’m expecting the Jags to turn to the draft….or Drew Stanton."

Fitz is regarded as the best QB free agent there is. He will have no problems finding a solid backup job. He is a streaky player so he would probably make a great backup like a Frank Reich. Good in stretches but not a starting QB talent

Fitz is regarded as the best QB free agent there is. He will have no problems finding a solid backup job. He is a streaky player so he would probably make a great backup like a Frank Reich. Good in stretches but not a starting QB talent

Well said. And considering that's what he was signed for in the 1st place, I have no idea how people can possibly hate on the guy. Hate on JP Losman, a 1st round bust. I wish Fitz nothing but the best.