Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has potential. That had to have been about the worst oline I've ever seen and he still hung in there and made some plays. For the right price could be worth a shot

I totally agree. Always felt he was better than given credit for. Think for the right price it would be worth checking him out, if only for some added camp competition.

Using 2nd rounder on one of these QBs is a better option than being forced to take one at 8 because you have no one else.

....but a worse option than using a 5th/6th/7th.

Any QB who manages to fall to the #41 pick is most likely not worth picking.

I said it yesterday, I would be fine with signing Kolb as long as he is not given starter money.

It would buy time and allow for them not to be forced to reach for a QB in Rd1 who does not deserve to be a top 10 pick.

I'd be pissed if they sign Kolb and again failed to pick a QB early in the draft.

Sign Kolb, Draft QB in RD2. Let Kolb, TJax and the Rookie battle it out in camp. What do we have to lose?

This. However if they feel Barkley or Smith is worth a first, I am okay with that also.

:lol:

sign em we need a vet while we groom a rook

I thought that is why we had Travaris....we let Fitz go because we didn't need two sub-par NFL starters to "mentor" our new franchise QB. What am I missing? I think, if we sign Kolb, or trade for Flynn, that is going to be our starting QB, for at least the next two years...either will command more salary than you would give to a scrub vet whose role is to show a drafted QB the ropes.

I totally agree. Always felt he was better than given credit for. Think for the right price it would be worth checking him out, if only for some added camp competition.

I don't have a strong feeling for Kolbs' talent, but my instincts tell me "no". Also, weren't there rumors out there that he was kind of a douche, and not well liked by some of his teammates?

Edited by Buftex

Would "per league source" atleast be more informative? As is I'd think it was some guy citing his friend not florio citing an unnamed source?

per league source Bills are the only team interested so far.

I'd much rather just sign Kolb than trade a pick for Flynn. There is a chance (albeit a small one) that Kolb is actually decent, you can't really judge him on last year because the Cards o-line was so bad. I mean even Chris Kelsay was able to get a safety against them haha.

I thought that is why we had Travaris....we let Fitz go because we didn't need two sub-par NFL starters to "mentor" our new franchise QB. What am I missing?

I don't know much about the guy but I don't think that we can go into the season with Aaron Corp as our 3rd stringer, plus are we even sure Tarvaris is a legit backup? Its not so much that we need "mentors" for whoever we draft but rather just decent competition for training camp and practices.

Edited by cosmo

I think that it's funny how the article talks about it "not making sense for the Bills"...I wanted to go back though the last 15 years and figure out all of the decisions that didn't make sense.

Anyways, like I said yesterday I would be cool with Kolb as a short term option b/c I don't feel that you will get your franchise guy in this years draft. I don't think that Geno will be there and the other options have holes. Grab a guy in the 2nd or 3rd and get your franchise guy next year when the class is stronger.

I have a feeling he'll be unemployed until after the draft. Kolb will be some team's consolation prize after missing out on a QB in the draft, hopefully not ours.

Yes, agreed, I do not think FA activity will pick up until after the draft.. the league year has started, the big contracts have been cut , etc. and all the FAs will need to sit and wait until the draft finishes and teams figure out what they still need.

What the F is wrong with everyone. The poor guy could have disconnected his stupid phone. Zero calls except from the stupid bills in two weeks. Having a bad oline is just an excuse. Peyton Manning is awesome with or without a decent oline.

You have one of the best wide receivers in the game in Fitzgerald, you shouldn't be one of the worse qbs. Skelton and Kolb are the worse qbs in the league. dammit Buffalo!!!!!

If it comes down to Kolb or Nassib ,I want Kolb. The cards are the Western version of Duh Bills. it`s bad teams, coaching and players ...horrible o-line that kills some of these QB s chances.

That is never going to be the option. It's going to be a rookie, plus TJax and maybe Kolb battling it out for the back-up job. They are never going to sign Kolb to be the starter and then not draft a rookie high. That's almost impossible to imagine.

If it comes down to Kolb or Nassib ,I want Kolb. The cards are the Western version of Duh Bills. it`s bad teams, coaching and players ...horrible o-line that kills some of these QB s chances.

you know, it is kind of frustrating hearing the bashing on Qbs here. Let me say this. Another mans trash could be another mans treasure. Lets look at Rich Gannon for example. He really sucked and was kicked around so many teams for years, but landed with Oakland and became a NFL MVP. AllPro. In Arizona, Kolb was behind the worst O Line in Football. On top of that, their LT goes down. Nobody would shine there. Nobody! We do not know the system that Marrone will have in place, but if he feels that Kolb can succeed, than why not pick him up. We only have Jackson and Corp. We need more competition. Grab a guy in the draft and let it be competition. Worse comes to worse, we get our guy next draft.

It makes no sence how Kolb was a huge commodity a year ago, and everyone casts him off now. He can be serviceable for a year or two

What the F is wrong with everyone. The poor guy could have disconnected his stupid phone. Zero calls except from the stupid bills in two weeks. Having a bad oline is just an excuse. Peyton Manning is awesome with or without a decent oline.

You have one of the best wide receivers in the game in Fitzgerald, you shouldn't be one of the worse qbs. Skelton and Kolb are the worse qbs in the league. dammit Buffalo!!!!!

You obviously, have never played the game. Fitzgerald and Manning are great players, but they cannot do everything by themselves. Put Manning Behring Arizonas line. He would be forced into retirement by injury.