Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

We need a QB on the roster better than Aaron Corp. I think that I can get behind Kolb for that role. I'd be pissed if they sign him for $8M per season and announce that he's the day-one starter, but does anyone think that's likely? We have no QBs on the roster who took an NFL snap in 2012. It's not a high bar to get over, and there aren't a lot of candidates.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. I would be fine with signing Kolb, if as another poster said, we still draft a QB in the first 2 rounds. And if it is at a reasonable price (short term).

The more competition for the position, the better.

Kolb, when healthy, is pretty decent.

I said the same about Flynn. It is worth a shot. I would be against bringing in Carson Palmer only because I believe he is done. But a QB with something left in the tank is fine with me. The long term answer to the position is obviously the draft, but Kolb is possibly a better short term answer than T Jax.

How can fans possibly say "no" to any quarterback??

It'd be like shitting down a hole in our yard because we're holding out for a golden toilet.

Whoa...expected that to be censored...

I seriously could not possibly agree more... let's have a solid competition. These are the options.. just get behind someone/something

GOOD!

This is a team in transition. We will not have our "starter" until the last week of training camp anyways. Deepen the competition pool as much as possible!

TJax, Corp, Kolb, Flynn, a rookie, an UDFA, Paul Blake, BRING THEM ALL IN!!

id love to take Paul Blake. Who would it be if it was real life?

It'd be like shitting down a hole in our yard because we're holding out for a golden toilet.

i hope not

Yeah, but it doesn't lessen the disappointment in our "options."

I would much rather have kept Fitz than bring in Kolb or the other remnants that remain on the FA market.

Yeah, but it doesn't lessen the disappointment in our "options."

I would much rather have kept Fitz than bring in Kolb or the other remnants that remain on the FA market.

Well, I'm sure if they could, the FO would cook up a better "option" in the OBD laboratory.

But since that's not an option...

Let me make another analogy--would you rather play five card stud with five cards or nine? The extra four cards don't guarantee anybody anything...but they certainly increase your odds.

How can fans continue to believe that bringing in every QB on the market is a solution to our problems?

Well, I'm sure if they could, the FO would cook up a better "option" in the OBD laboratory.

But since that's not an option...

Let me make another analogy--would you rather play five card stud with five cards or nine? The extra four cards don't guarantee anybody anything...but they certainly increase your odds.

Your analogy doesn't fit the situation. Picking a QB isn't a game of chance with fixed odds. A better analogy would be trying to field a basketball team by spending your limited resources on signing 10 million midgets to contracts. Although you have a massive sample size, you're still picking from a pool of individuals that has demonstrated that they are ill suited to play basketball. You'd be better off picking any 5 black guys at random.

initially i was thinking Flynn doesn't have much failure yet, so might be the better prospect in that he's unknown whereas KK failed lost his job a couple times. Kolb does remind me of RJ, but that goes to the O-line as well. really hard to judge a guy behind a terrible one. i wouldn't hate the Bills giving him a chance along with still drafting someone. he has skills. and they were 4-0 in games he started and finished, mighta been 5-0 if Bills didn't knock him out of the game and then who knows?

also should add his scouting report out of college was he was durable and never missed a game in 4 years, lol.. things change i guess.

Edited by Brainiac21