Has anyone seen this team worse off than right now?

I dont mean this in a negative way. I am merely calling it as I see it. Has anyone else seen the Bills in more dire straits than right now? Ive been going to the stadium since the early 70's and suffered through some tough times like the rest of you. But I dont ever remember it being as bad as it is right now. From the Buddy nix phone call that was just pathetic from a GM. To a long term deal with a journeyman contract. At one point we had Russ Brandon as the GM not too mention we have only hit on a few draft picks in the last ten or so years. 13 years of no playoffs. People can flame away at me, franky I dont care my life will go on. As of right now, and I know its been discussed already, but we have 1 wide receiver, no tight end until some point in the season, just lost the top or close to the top guards in the NFL, Fred Jackson has wear and tear so we have no depth at RB. We have one QB on the roster that we gave a 7th round pick for then never dressed him the whole year. Oh, and this QB cant hit the broad side of a barn. On defense we have no linebackers and wow, we signed a second stringer from Cinci. Maybe our D line is a strength but the jury is still out and Dareus hasnt played like a number 3 over all. He gets a pass for his brothers death. At safety we are weak and at CB too. I am bracing for 1-15 to 3-13 at very best. Yes my friends, its that bad. So get your popcorn ready for the comedy show.

Edited by billsfan_34

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my lifetime. 1976-77 and 1984-85 were probably worse in the short term. Players and coaches leaving, Attendance in the 20,000 range. Nobody wanted to ever come here and most guys couldn't wait to leave. Never as prolonged as it has been now though. 2001-2013. That's a long, long, long time to be just flat out bad.

What have we lost? A replaceable QB, aging SS who might not fit this system, a very good LG and some depth. All replaceable.

So yes!

I like Manny Lawson, get a SS, draft a QB, draft a LG and we are better than we were.

when did you start being a fan, 2009?

hell yeah this team has been way waaay worse off many times. heck, if they get lucky with a qb and a couple key free agent signings i could see them as a very dark horse wildcard candidate, which is a hell of a lot better than it could be

of course they could also see the wheels completely come off and end up with four wins. but some seasons ive been hoping they could get up to four wins

What have we lost? A replaceable QB, aging SS who might not fit this system, a very good LG and some depth. All replaceable.

So yes!

I like Manny Lawson, get a SS, draft a QB, draft a LG and we are better than we were.

I respect what your saying but cant agree because this regime couldnt draft a soup sandwich. We can all say get this and get that and all will be well however our talent evaluators have been pretty bad. So yes, we can put different players on the field at need positions, but will the make a difference. Trends dont lie my friend and right now we are in a 13 year one.