so let me get this right.........

we haven't jumped out and overpaid for mid level talent and there are plenty of great players available! so if I told you we signed Harrison Laundry Scott and Welker to cap friendly contracts would you call that a good off season free agent wise! While other teams blow there wad on all right receivers and good not great guards we are sitting back letting the dust settle hell one bills drive said we were not going to go splashy this year so everyone calm down! The season isn't won on day one of free agency as we know from last year!

we haven't jumped out and overpaid for mid level talent and there are plenty of great players available! so if I told you we signed Harrison Laundry Scott and Welker to cap friendly contracts would you call that a good off season free agent wise! While other teams blow there wad on all right receivers and good not great guards we are sitting back letting the dust settle hell one bills drive said we were not going to go splashy this year so everyone calm down! The season isn't won on day one of free agency as we know from last year!

Not to sure about the Laundry, is it wash day?

Anyway, Buddy Nix could turn that lynch mob gathering around him into dust by simply signing Wes Welker!! Wouldn't he look great in a Bills Uni? That one signing would put butts in the seats and re-energize the entire fans base.

Edited by FeartheLosing

Not to sure about the Laundry, is it wash day?

Anyway, Buddy Nix could turn that lynch mob gathering around him into dust by simply signing Wes Welker!! Wouldn't he look great in a Bills Uni? That one signing would put butts in the seats and re-energize the entire fans base.

I'd be happy about getting Welker simply so he doesnt have to kick our ass every game. Didnt he have like 6 billion yards in the game we won?

Generally smart sentiments in this thread...nothing to sweat about yet...let's let this thing play out over a few days and see what shakes out.

Still plenty of quality players out there...no need to rush or overpay.

This ^^^^

Generally smart sentiments in this thread...nothing to sweat about yet...let's let this thing play out over a few days and see what shakes out.

This. The amount of overpaying that has gone on is lauguable. The Dolphins are digging themselves a nice salary cap hole. Wallace was the 2nd best WR in Pittsburgh after Antonio Brown. He's a one trick pony that cannot play physical and drops balls. Not in the same league as Fitzgerald. In fact, I'd rather have Bolden. Also overpaying for Ellerbe who has a whopping 14 NFL starts. They could both be great, or both crash and burn. I'm expecting Ellebre to be decent for them, but now they may have to get rid of Dansby, who we may be able to get on the cheap.

Hot pocket society. WE MUST OVERREACT TO EVERYTHING!!!

If the Bills stumble upon a franchise QB in the draft, no one will ever remember the 1st day of FA.

Exactly. There are a lot of players out there that are still quality finds, and will turn out to be much better than some of these overpaid day 1 FA's.

This. The amount of overpaying that has gone on is lauguable. The Dolphins are digging themselves a nice salary cap hole. Wallace was the 2nd best WR in Pittsburgh after Antonio Brown. He's a one trick pony that cannot play physical and drops balls. Not in the same league as Fitzgerald. In fact, I'd rather have Bolden. Also overpaying for Ellerbe who has a whopping 14 NFL starts. They could both be great, or both crash and burn. I'm expecting Ellebre to be decent for them, but now they may have to get rid of Dansby, who we may be able to get on the cheap.

Good points. The Fins paid a ton of money for guys who weren't even the best at their position on their old teams. We'll see if it works out but this is why free agency is fool's gold. Guys get completely overrated and overpaid.

i agree, let the other teams fight and overpay for the services of some of these guys, then try to sone some quality players to get value for our free agent dollars.and let's not forget about saving a coupkle bucks for when teams cut down to 53. there's a long way to go before we even get a peek at what this team will look like.

Good points. The Fins paid a ton of money for guys who weren't even the best at their position on their old teams. We'll see if it works out but this is why free agency is fool's gold. Guys get completely overrated and overpaid.

The fins blew a load of money on LBs 2/3 years ago. How'd that turn out. They just cut both of them. Burnett played in all 32 games as a dolphin recording over 200 tackles. Yea he's 30 but his replacement Wheeler is 28 and could have been had the previous year for $700,000. Guy had one good season and the fins jump all over him.

Lots of overpaying goin on.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

We overpaid last season for Mario and I wasn't too excited about it. I think teams generally fare better getting the lesser celebrated free agents. Teams on the cusp should be the ones pursuing the top tier to get over the hump imo.

Edited by jeremy2020

dont forget to sign a LG too

If the Bills stumble upon a franchise QB in the draft, no one will ever remember the 1st day of FA.

If I stumble upon Selena Gomez in my bed I won't remember FA either ... unfortunately both are about as likely to happen.

But there is no need for a QB to do that, no one will remember the 1st day of FA by the 1st day of the draft.

I'm sure he's knocking our door down, maybe he can play QB?

Fans get antsy and it was tough to lose Levitre. Even if Levitre might have gotten a bit of a fat contract he was still a good player who helped turn around the offensive line as a unit. I hope we make some quality signings in the next couple of days. Bills need a WR badly, the QB situation isn't resolved, now they need a guard, and they still have issues on defense.