Nix should have been fired-- front office is incompetent

jahnyc

We need a new GM, and I don't think Whaley is the answer. Brandon should have hired a guy with a lot of experience to turn things around. The team is a complete mess.

1. Signing Fitz to a big deal and then cutting him a little more than a year later. What free agent will want to come here with no QB and a team that cuts a player so soon after making a major committment to them? Maybe the better question is what free agent will want to come here knowing that the Bills will not be competitive next year or for the foreseeable future?

2. I know that many wanted Fitz to be cut, and I understand that, but would the better approach have been to reduce his compensation and let him compete for the starting job at least until the QB we select in the draft was ready to play?

3. Our QB situation will be a mess this year. Even if we draft a QB in the first round, he will likely not be ready to start on day one. New system for the players will further complicate things. If Jackson is our day one starter, it will be difficult for me to watch this team.

4. We are now almost obligated to select a QB with our first pick in a draft with no clear cut top or outstanding prospect at the position.

5. Losing Levitre, even at almost $8 million/year is a disaster. It may be easy for most teams to find starting guards, but not the Bills. He was our most consistent and durable player on the o-line. Should have been re-signed. This will hurt. Are they going to sign Wood who is a free agent next year? Even with all of his past injury issues, some of which were very significant and could affect his longevity as a player?

6. WIth our lack of success and below average talent, how do we not have more cap space? Why did we pay Merriman so much dough over the last couple of years?

7. Our drafts have been below average since Nix became GM.

We need a new GM, and I don't think Whaley is the answer. Brandon should have hired a guy with a lot of experience to turn things around. The team is a complete mess.

2. I know that many wanted Fitz to be cut, and I understand that, but would the better approach have been to reduce his compensation and let him compete for the starting job at least until the QB we select in the draft was ready to play?

Apparently they tried to do that but Fitz did not agree.

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia

League sources tell me #Bills offered Fitzpatrick a 4-year deal at a $3M base, with opportunity to earn additional $4M per yr in incentives.

1. No one wants to come to Buffalo.... ever......

2. Cutting Fitz was right thing to do. At least we gain 7 million this yr to land someone. although see #1. I mean ****, if we need a QB someone call Jamarcuss Russell and tell him he can compete for league min. At least he can push the ball past 15 yds.

Also they tried to restructure with Fitz. He didn't want too, and who can blame the guy, he is getting paid by the bills regardless. And i'm sure he can find a back up gig somewhere.

Edit: i'm going to be bold here after thinking about this and say this is Nix's best !@#$ing decision he's made while here in terms of dealing with personnel and contracts. His worst was either making Fitz contract or the Brad Smith contract...... ( excluding draft since.... i feel he was average and just as even a blind dog can find a bone, he did manage to find CJ)

3. You're worried about our QB situtaion? Cuz having Fitz would have made it better. Lets talk about our D and not having 3-4 peices. I would love nickle being our base package though. As far as i'm concerned, D transition means at least a ****ty start to the season ebfore people get comfortable.

4. No, we are not oblifated to spend our first pick on an average QB class. There are so many options here i'm not even going to both starting to list them.

5. Levitre was not worth 8 million a year to us. Sorry. Good player. Good teammate. Not good enough to actually be given that contract. Far more pressing needs. Enough serviable starts to fill the gap in FA. Levitre's best quality was his duriablity and ability to play anywhere cept center when asked.

6. We have give out poor contracts the past 3 years. The head office is looking to fix that. Look for even more changes next year.

7. Our Drafts have been Average since Nix became GM.

Edited by RK_BillsFan

Can we just make a pinned "Fire Nix, He Sucks" thread? He's the latest TBD whipping boy, might as well make it easier for people to B word about him in one spot. Plus, it'd keep the board clear of the imminent 28 threads about him in the next couple days.

Can we just make a pinned "Fire Nix, He Sucks" thread? He's the latest TBD whipping boy, might as well make it easier for people to B word about him in one spot. Plus, it'd keep the board clear of the imminent 28 threads about him in the next couple days.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to silence them all with a concise, factual thread listing all of the great decisions Buddy has made since he got here?

The "whipping boy" comment is pure BS. He's the GM of a failing and now flailing franchise. If you're down with that, there's another thread you can start.

Get to work.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Nix has screwed up this franchise from a variety of fronts, starting with his drafts, inability to find a qb and with calibrating his contracts to the talent level. However, BN made the right decisions with respect to Levitre and Fitz. Of course I would have liked to have kept Levitre, but for us he was not worth the contract. BN was also right in his judgment with the Fitz situation. The qb was worth keeping at a reduced price but not at his current level. Fitz did what was right for himself and BN did what was right for the organization.

Odds are that the Bills will not be players in the immediate free market rush. But that doesn't mean that a lot of good value deals can't be made in the secondary market when the premium free agents are scooped up. The Bills are in a rebuilding mode. As it stands we are not only the worst team in the division but we are sliding backwards while our divisional rivals move forward. There is no quick fix. All that you can wish for is that the organization start functioning in a rational way instead of the usual thoughtless way.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to silence them all with a concise, factual thread listing all of the great decisions Buddy has made since he got here?

The "whipping boy" comment is pure BS. He's the GM of a failing and now flailing franchise. If you're down with that, there's another thread you can start.

Get to work.

You know, half the reason I posted this was just to see the comments it would draw about how I'm a Nix supporter now despite not even addressing that subject. Just because I grow tired of seeing every thread turn into a Buddy bashing doesn't mean I think he is the savior for this team.

I have actually noticed that there are very few people here who think that Buddy has been successful as a GM, but those who seem to constantly bash Buddy always turn any non-Buddy bashing into the poster having Buddy manlove.

I am just saying, instead of every thread (plus the countless other threads dedicated to this topic yet to be created) we should have a special place where the "Terminally Cynical" can hang out in one place and discuss how terrible we are.

You know, half the reason I posted this was just to see the comments it would draw about how I'm a Nix supporter now despite not even addressing that subject. Just because I grow tired of seeing every thread turn into a Buddy bashing doesn't mean I think he is the savior for this team.

I have actually noticed that there are very few people here who think that Buddy has been successful as a GM, but those who seem to constantly bash Buddy always turn any non-Buddy bashing into the poster having Buddy manlove.

I am just saying, instead of every thread (plus the countless other threads dedicated to this topic yet to be created) we should have a special place where the "Terminally Cynical" can hang out in one place and discuss how terrible we are.

Welcome to TBD. There's a small, vocal set of folks who are unable to comprehend the idea that you can actually discuss the problems of the Bills without being a frothing at the mouth lunatic who flies off the handle at every single thing they do. Unfortunately, they are dedicated to being ridiculous and dominate this board so little real discussion on mistakes of the Bills can take place.

Edited by jeremy2020