DeadSpin - Convo Between Nix and Tampa GM

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And they will end up paying that much to a worse backup, unless they draft two QBs

As of today, I think they go into the season with a high draft pick rookie, TJax, another rookie and Smith as emergency, who may even get some snaps at QB in packages with run option plays. TJax could even start opening day. There just isn't anyone decent around, IMO.

On NFL Network Billick said he thinks that Fitz just didn't fit the new offense Marrone wants to run. So that is probably what led to the low ball offer.

Bud-man is just doing his job, networking with other GMs. I have no problem with this. if it does hurt anyone its Fitzpatrick because now you have the inside scoop from his former GM that he's only backup material while he's a FA trying to find a starting position somewhere else.

It seems that, until today, you and Buddy were the only two souls who felt this was secret, privileged information...

In Florida, generally all parties must consent to the recording or the disclosure of the contents of any wire, oral or electronic communication. This means phone calls! Recording, disclosing, or endeavoring to disclose without the consent of all parties is a felony, unless the interception is a first offense committed without any illegal purpose, and not for commercial gain. Florida Statute section 934.03.

Felony if for profit or second offence....

I got a feeling, Nix is getting another earful right now from someone upstairs.

I'm also getting a worse feeling that Nix is still in charge.

Bucs offering Hambone Meredith back to the Bills? For real?

" And he kept calling back. Into Thursday evening, resuming again on Friday morning, Nix's personal number kept lighting up their cell phone. They ignored it, until they came up with a plan. "

I wonder if Buddy left any voicemail messages ?

Maybe like a pathetic love-sick loser (come on, we've all been there! :unsure:). Somebody should parody this, dadgummit.

The jokes just write them selves.

Edited by Yonder_d7

Somewhere in the 18 pages did someone bring up Buddy Nix saying "bad time to need one" in reference to a QB?

I'm pretty sure that means he agrees with me that this draft sucks for QBs.

A QB @#8 may not be a foregone conclussion.

Somewhere in the 18 pages did someone bring up Buddy Nix saying "bad time to need one" in reference to a QB?

I'm pretty sure that means he agrees with me that this draft sucks for QBs.

A QB @#8 may not be a foregone conclussion.

Or he thinks the top 2 are gone by 8

8 is always a tough spot to need one - too low for a sure thing too high for a project

This very well could have killed the Fitz restructure. For all we know he may have been willing to take less, guy dug the town, the organization, the fans. He had never been more successful, then Buddy goes and ***** on him to other teams. Why would you take a pay cut to work for an employer who just told you, you suck at your job. He'll make the same as a restructured deal with another team either competing to start or I wouldn't be suprised if he became the backup in San Fran

I agree. I like what Buddy had to say, and if that's what got Fitz out of here, that's a good thing...........Great guy, but having him around as a backup would not be good, and as a starter would be demoralizing.

Why isn't anyone calling for Nix' head? Is he still worthy of sitting in the GM seat? Would we be worse off firing him now?

You want to fire a GM one day into FA? Yeah, good idea. The team already has a successor in place and it sounds like this is Buddy's last offseason as GM anyway, there's no need to fire the guy other than to make your already dysfunctional team appear even more so (if that's actually possible.)