ESPN insider McShay 3.0

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im rejoicing due to how wrong McShay usually is.

Yeah it seems like every year lazy analysts don't bother to do much research on the Bills and just say "hey they're a bad team so they'll probably take the best tackle" or like two years ago when McShay I think and a bunch of other draft "experts" said we would take that bum Blaine Gabbert 3rd and just didn't elaborate at all. That's why I like walterfootball.com, even though I don't agree with who they currently have us taking (WR Patterson), they do a bunch of research on every single team.

:w00t: I would pay to see his reaction when they pick the corner from Alabama 8th. I do believe he likes Bama though so it might not be a full out explosion.

Personally I wouldn't mind if Dee Milliner-CB/BAMA fell to us and we took him with the 8th pick! Dude is a lock down corner! It would remind me of the

Clements/Winfield Days ! :beer: Gillmore/Milliner Duo ! :thumbsup: Sounds good to me ! :flirt: Go BILLS !

I agree stashing Sanders looks like a sly move.

I really think that kid has a super High Ceiling can't wait to see. He will likely have every opportunity to compete and win the starting RT spot.

I AGREE ! :thumbsup: Edited by Dat '315' Dude

I'm starting to feel like the pick is going to be Barkevious Mingo from LSU.

Looked outstanding in the LB drills at the combine, and is a great pass rusher. Looking more and more like a guy that can stand up and play LB in either a 4-3 or a 3-4, which is much needed in Pettine's system.

Sorry, I don't want an olinemen that high. Our oline is playoff caliber as it is, even if we lose Levitre. It's our defense and QB that is holding us back.

If he's the best player on the board they should take him. Line is good. Nothing wrong with making it potentially dominant. Especially with CJ Spiller in the backfield and a possible rookie QB under center.

If he's the best player on the board they should take him. Line is good. Nothing wrong with making it potentially dominant. Especially with CJ Spiller in the backfield and a possible rookie QB under center.

Nothing wrong?

Ignoring glaring holes which you have the opportunity to address but choose not to could be viewed as wrong.

We have averaged over 5 ypc and been top 10 in fewest sacks allowed the last 2 years. What more do you want? Some of you have this outdated notion of the NFL. It's basically flag football, spread the field. A dominant oline is less important than it ever has been. Miami is letting Jake Long walk. The oline is the least of our problems and would have had zero effect on our record this year.

You do realize that our OL was average on paper. Fitz was the 15 most sacked QB, and put line allowed for the 10th most hits. Fitz is also 39th in yards per attempt.

So again, what is so great about an oline that allows their QB to get sacked an above average amount, become one of the most hit QB's in the league, and have to protect a QB that has one of the shortest yards per attempt in the league.

I used the stats on NFL.com. I'm on my phone now can't link it. Our elite OL is A fallacy promoted only locally.

Cordy Glenn is an NFL LT. There is no discussion about this. It is strange how folks forgot about this.

Cordy Glenn was and will be one of the greatest draft steals in Buffalo Bills history.

Drafting Fisher will 1.) Never Happen 2.) Be Beyond Stupid even for the Buffalo Bills.

Amen

We have averaged over 5 ypc and been top 10 in fewest sacks allowed the last 2 years. What more do you want? Some of you have this outdated notion of the NFL. It's basically flag football, spread the field. A dominant oline is less important than it ever has been. Miami is letting Jake Long walk. The oline is the least of our problems and would have had zero effect on our record this year.

I think it is possible that the few sacks allowed were more of a function of the very short passing game and Fitz getting rid of the ball very quickly than it was an indication that the Bills' OL was that great at pass blocking. While I am not arguing that the Bills' OL was awful, I am suggesting that they knew that they had limited talent at RT and perhaps RG and they masked it with quick passes. For at least a suggestion of evidence for this theory, I point to the number of starters that missed games due to injury (including RT, RG, C) and the continued "success" pass blocking.

The fact that Fitz has limitations regarding medium and deep throws also played into the quick passing attack. However, IMHO, if the Bills were to get a QB with a stronger arm/better mid-deep accuracy, the OL might get exposed when trying to pass block for longer.

I'd be all on-board for a very good OT, especially if Levitre leaves in free agency.

Lots of things to consider when projecting FA and draft, but I could definitely see a case for a top OT in the draft....

Who's saying elite?

I think most people are trying to point out that O-line is not this team's primary area of weakness.

QB, WR, LB, etc are all areas worse than O-line.

O-line shouldn't be a weakness, but it's easy to forget how poorly Glenn actually graded out last year. Couple with the possible departure of Levitre, I can see why many think O-line might be the pick

Nothing wrong?

Ignoring glaring holes which you have the opportunity to address but choose not to could be viewed as wrong.

Which brings us back to the old BPA v need debate.

If we took an OT I'd measure him against whoever he'd be replacing, presumably Pears. We have great depth at OT, but do we have good starters? IDK. Glenn looked promising as a rookie LT, but is he better suited for the right? My memory fades, but it seems to me a lot of pressure came from the right side.

Not saying we should go this route, but I can see an argument for it. I'd hate to see the equivalent of passing on Ngata for Whitner b/c we've already got Stroud & SS is a glaring hole.

Nothing wrong?

I know that this is obvious, but it depends on how much better the OL prospect is than the prospects available at positions of need. I certainly agree that LB, WR and QB are greater needs. However, if the Bills' scout don't think there is a good starting QB (this year or in the future) available and they don't like the WRs/LBs (and the top LBs have lots of questions Jones: neck health, Ogletree: off field issues, Dion Jordan: size/strength, Moore: big questions about strength...), then I can't fault them for strengthening a position of lesser need.

Edited by OldTimer1960