How Bad Would It Be For The Bills To Sign Matt Moore,

trade down in the draft, and get extra draft picks?

I am guessing that Moore could be had for approx. 3 years/18 million. In this scenario, they could acquire more picks, fill holes, and go after a qb next year.

I suppose the question is whether or not Bills management thinks that he is better than Fitz. I lean towards thinking that he is.

Opinions?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My belief is that there is not a high-probability-of-success QB in this draft, so I could be aligned with this sort of plan.

I *might* consider Matt Barkley at #8 in round one, but I see that as a gamble. I am not at all sold on Geno Smith. I suspect that one of the following will be available when the Bills pick in round 2: Ryan Nassib, EJ Manuel, Tyler Wilson. IMHO, each is worthy of consideration there. I am not sure if I'd prefer Matt Moore to one of those, but I suppose that they could sign Moore and still pick one of those 3.

Regarding a trade down, it usually is worth considering. However, if they have convinced themselves that they don't need to "reach" for a QB in round 1, they should be able to get a very good player at another position with the 8th pick.

I am guessing that Moore could be had for approx. 3 years/18 million. In this scenario, they could acquire more picks, fill holes, and go after a qb next year.

I suppose the question is whether or not Bills management thinks that he is better than Fitz. I lean towards thinking that he is.

Opinions?

worth a look for sure. I like the guy and have hoped for a shot at him. all things considered of course

My belief is that there is not a high-probability-of-success QB in this draft, so I could be aligned with this sort of plan.

I *might* consider Matt Barkley at #8 in round one, but I see that as a gamble. I am not at all sold on Geno Smith. I suspect that one of the following will be available when the Bills pick in round 2: Ryan Nassib, EJ Manuel, Tyler Wilson. IMHO, each is worthy of consideration there. I am not sure if I'd prefer Matt Moore to one of those, but I suppose that they could sign Moore and still pick one of those 3.

Regarding a trade down, it usually is worth considering. However, if they have convinced themselves that they don't need to "reach" for a QB in round 1, they should be able to get a very good player at another position with the 8th pick.

I like Tyler Bray more than the kids that you mentioned. And he probably won't be ready to step in as a rookie.

Either way, I am just floating ideas around.

Opinions?

He is... B-)

Opinions?

Pick the QB:

Completion YPA TD% INT% FUM% QBR

59% 6.95 4.4% 3.4% 2% 80.5

60% 6.37 4.1% 3.6% 1% 76.8

One of these is Fitz. One of these is Moore. Is one is a significant upgrade over the other, worth investing another $18 million?

For Moore's 2011 season starting 12 games for the Dolphins, his completion percentage ranged from 47% to 74%. YPG from 95 to 281. YPA from 4.2 to 10.8.

More consistent than Fitz?

All things aside - I'd take Moore over fitz

Also a quarter of the price, or less

Just a note that the OP suggested 3 years/$18 million as Moore's price.

PS I'd be kind of surprised if a team offers Moore that much money, myself.

Edited by Hopeful