Shawne Merriman Announces His Retirement

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix has overpaid more washed up losers than the Arkansas state lottery.

so you saying the NY State lotto is better?? hehe

But seriously tho, I thought he played ok vs the Jets in the last game.

But after stealing checks from Buddy err Ralph i guess he had a moment of clarity. :rolleyes:

Its his fault he didnt have a longer career, those steriods can break a body down.

but I wish him well.

Maybe for stealing around 6 mil of Ralph's money?

The dumb thing is that every other team in the NFL knew he was done, but we thought we'd use him as a T.O.-like decoy. They never knew where the rush was coming from, because it never came. I hope he can reconcile with Mrs. Tequila.

This was a horrible signing by Nix. I could have seen it if he was given an incentive laden contract, but all that guaranteed money? What a blunder that was. Was there some other team out there competing to sign him? I really doubt it. makes one wonder why Nix gave him that contract. Makes me wonder about Nix.

Good career destroyed by injuries. Ver common tale.

Thanks for your service Shawn!

What service are you referring to? Absolutely horrendous signing. I'd much rather thank Kelsay. At least he tried, despite not being very good.

Nix has overpaid more washed up losers than the Arkansas state lottery.

This x a million.

This was a horrible signing by Nix. I could have seen it if he was given an incentive laden contract, but all that guaranteed money? What a blunder that was. Was there some other team out there competing to sign him? I really doubt it. makes one wonder why Nix gave him that contract. Makes me wonder about Nix.

He'd seen him do it before.

I'm very disappointed to read all the negative backlash to his announcement. As often as this place is a bastion for thoughtful and insightful exchange, it's also a sanctuary for gutless pinheads. :thumbdown:

this^^

Tim-

The guy was a cheater and a non-factor off the juice. He needs to thank Buddy Nix for signing him three times in Buffalo with zero return on investment.

Further proof Nix needs to go. I have ZERO faith in him being able to evaluate QB talent which means we will obviously reach for the wrong guy