Dwayne Bowe signs 5 year deal with Chiefs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was the only WR on the market that fit the profile of what we're looking for.. big and can catch when covered. Not to say a Wallace wouldn't be useful, but I'm not seeing a good fit anymore. Looks like the draft is it.

Sometimes, people latch onto quotes a bit too heavily.

We can still sign guys under 6'5 and may not chase every guy over 6'5

I had him on my fantasy team and he was very average...i sat him a lot...not disappointed we didnt sign him..Old an dinjury prone, off field issues etc...No big loss.

He is 28, has missed 5 games in his career, and please fill me in on his off the field issues.

Chiefs also keeping OT Albert:

@RapSheet

The Chiefs have tagged OT Branden Albert, I'm told

As most of you probably know, Branden is a local kid that went to East High here in Rochester. Pretty good stuff that he rose from nothing to a very good NFL football player.

jb

Cross one potential UFA WR off the board:

@AdamSchefter

Chiefs didn't use tag on WR Dwayne Bowe because they didn't have to. Chiefs and Bowe have reached agreement on a five-year deal.

But....The Big Cat's sources......deep within the litter box....said the Bills were going to sign Dwayne Bowe. :lol:

Like many NFL players including numerous current Buffalo Bills, it's a bit hard to evaluate Bowe because of the team he played for.

That said he's a top talent, IMO.

Like a young Anquan Boldin, he's not a burner but he can still get deep, outphysical DBs, dominate the ball with his big hands, jumping ability and catch radius, and he's tough as nails.

He would have cost an arm and a leg and it wasn't gonna happen this year anyways.

With the Mario contract and Mark Anderson and Fitz still unfortunately on the books, I don't think the Bills will make a Tier 1 FA signing till next year at the earliest anyways.

There is?

Where?

LMAO !! Here ya go, bro !

EDIT: I'm not certain how many orientals attend East High, but its probably...........not very many....AT ALL !

3491252360_9c26699296.jpg

Edited by jaybee

and please fill me in on his off the field issues.

PED suspension and multiple run ins with coaches

"Speaking of stars available in free agency, one scout told me the other day: "I am scared to death of [Kansas City wideout] Dwayne Bowe. Like him a lot, but not sure what we'd be buying if we signed him. Too much baggage."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130211/monday-morning-quarterback-peter-king-offseason-week-1/#ixzz2MctZ4GZY

Edited by Carey Bender

LMAO !! Here ya go, bro !

EDIT: I'm not certain how many orientals attend East High, but its probably...........not very many....AT ALL !

3491252360_9c26699296.jpg

LOL. Didn't know that's what the school's sports team name is.

What an odd name. Because they're from the East? Weird.

PED suspension and multiple run ins with coaches

"Speaking of stars available in free agency, one scout told me the other day: "I am scared to death of [Kansas City wideout] Dwayne Bowe. Like him a lot, but not sure what we'd be buying if we signed him. Too much baggage."

Read More: http://sportsillustr.../#ixzz2MctZ4GZY

I think he was pretty much a model citizen this year.

Maturity or impending free agency?

Now that Bowe is signed for five years...he'll coast for three seasons, pull a hammy in year four and be primed and ready to become a Buffalo Bill at age 32 at 50% effectiveness.

Actually, I'm ok with this...we'll find a few WR's that believe in Marrone's system at a reasonable price (draft, UDFA's or FA's)