Need a baby name.

Shamrock

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd tell you 2 good names but my wife would kill me. Her sister "stole" the name if we have a girl and it got ugly. So sorry random tbd'er I'll give you stock answers. There is truth to giving them a "normal" name helping them out later in life. I read an interesting study where people with unique names struggled getting jobs as hiring managers would prefer to skip over names they may not be able to pronounce. Not sure of its accuracy but....

For Boys:

William - shorten it to Bill and you've avoided the whole can I convince him to be a Bills fan fiasco. It's a guarantee.

For Girls:

Layla - Clapton song and I just like the name..

aww f*ck it - girls name Stella - great old name and just beautiful imo, Victor - strong name and again an old name. If I know you and you use these I am not responsible for the hell that will rain down on you if/when my wife hears what you named your child ;) but seriously Congrats!!!

aww f*ck it - girls name Stella - great old name and just beautiful imo, Victor - strong name and again an old name. If I know you and you use these I am not responsible for the hell that will rain down on you if/when my wife hears what you named your child ;) but seriously Congrats!!!

We liked Stella, but didn't go that direction. It's actually becoming really popular.

We liked Stella, but didn't go that direction. It's actually becoming really popular.

Oh man I don't want to hear that! lol I actually saw it at a friend's grandma's funeral and thought it was a very beautiful name. I wasn't that mad when Layla got "taken" :devil:

Oh man I don't want to hear that! lol I actually saw it at a friend's grandma's funeral and thought it was a very beautiful name. I wasn't that mad when Layla got "taken" :devil:

That's why we liked it--kinda old school. A similar "old school" name that we liked (but didn't go with) was Vera.

What was old is now new again!

In fact, if you have read "Freakanomics," there's a great chapter in that book about how baby names become popular.

That's why we liked it--kinda old school. A similar "old school" name that we liked (but didn't go with) was Vera.

What was old is now new again!

In fact, if you have read "Freakanomics," there's a great chapter in that book about how baby names become popular.

I like Vera.

We ended up having a girl and naming her Zuzu Emily. If it had been a boy, it would have been Maximillian Lawrence.

Edited by gringo starr

Here's your mistake. You're asking for a baby's name. You do realize that they're only babies for a short period of time. What you really want to ask is "I'm looking for a MAN'S name." Thomas Thurman?? Really. Why not go with Tasker Steve this time around? At least that one works. :D

Edited by Chef Jim

ive thought a lot about this and if i ever have a son im going multicultural and naming him something like Emilio Xingchu Runninglocust

you can have that one if you want

(watch me get more points for that one)

That's a very good one. I also briefly considered, for a boy, Pakistanley.