Jermichael Finley

hooper

I've proposed this for months - and Fred Davis was brought up, as well, who I think would be terrific for this offense, too. Finley has exactly what I want in a TE: he's really fast, and he's big, and he can catch. He is a TE who can make big differences in a game, and for Buffalo, coupled with a second, big, fast WR, could be an enormous positive.

Fred Davis wouldn't be a bad alternative.

Fred Davis would be a better addition than Finley. Delanie Walker is worth a look, and he may come at a bargain price for his value.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until we know who are QB is that we can win with now, and build a team around, its suicidal to commit big money on a WR. I'll go out on a limb and say the new staff realizes this and theres virtually no chance we go after finley

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

No to the trade part b/c we need our picks but if he gets cut, throw a offer at him & see what he says.

Nothing ventured nothing gained ! All's he can say is NO ...

Oh & i wouldn't cut Chandler to do it either !!

Edited by T master

Oft injured, underachieving, pricey, physical specimen. Bills just can't afford to keep adding these to the roster.

I love the mismatch a good tight end creates but I think there are others out there.

Also what's the new offenses strategy with TEs anyway?

I think this is the best point brought up, at the 'Cuse TE's caught about 15% of passes which is about the same as with the Bills last season, but with a West Coast O, there are lots of quick passes which require a TE and WR to catch and run, so looking at it the Bills need a TE who can run after the catch and Finley can, Chandler is lacking there. Just a thought.

You've obviously never had him on your fantasy team. It's literally what he's most known for at this point. And he had a nagging shoulder injury all last year.

This made me laugh so hard. My sister drafted him this year and ended wanting to kill herself because of it. Fantasy team cancer. (I had chris johnson...)

For a 6th I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. But its a lot to give up a higher pick for guy who can be a bit of a malcontent and is coming off a very off year.

A 6th round pick? Some of the logic on this board amazes me. Finley is an absolute stud. We have no receivers or TE"s with anywhere near his physical ability. He is worth AT LEAST a 3rd in my opinion. And what have you heard about him being a malcontent anyways?

A 6th round pick? Some of the logic on this board amazes me. Finley is an absolute stud. We have no receivers or TE"s with anywhere near his physical ability. He is worth AT LEAST a 3rd in my opinion. And what have you heard about him being a malcontent anyways?

Every word out of Green Bay... He IS a malcontent.

And a third for this "legend in his own mind" is laughable. Yeah, he has athletic ability. But he is neither a worker or a team player. Pass. Next.

Finley was such a disappointment. Those saying he's a stud must not have been following his story all year. Also may be ignoring why GB would let him go despite the departures of Driver and Jennings. His "chemistry problems" with arguably the best QB in the league despite the WR injuries that should have made him the #1 target, seem a nice way of saying he wasn't putting the work in to learn his routes-- and had too many drops when he did get it thrown to him. Not saying he isn't worth a look, but it seems he wants more than he's worth.

I'd much rather have Fred Davis...but good luck getting him to leave RG3 for... who exactly? If a TE or WR is looking for numbers, and most do, it's gonna be tough recruiting until we have a starting QB (without drastically overpaying that is).

Edited by Brainiac21

Finley is not willing to take a pay cut. May be available for trade or might get released before his roster bonus is set to be paid. He would not be cheap, but his is productive and is only 25. Scott Chandler is still recovering from his surgery and may not be back by week 1. If the Bills cut Chandler it would save them 3 mil in cap space to go after a guy like this. Your thoughts??

Oh my god no. Finely has been explosive at times, but is inconsistent (drops) and oft injured with production bloated by having one of the best QB's in the league throwing to him. To top it off he insists on being one of the highest paid TE's in the league...With all of the players the Bills need this offseason, throwing all of our money at him would be a huge mistake IMO. More importantly, I'm sure Nix isn't even considering this.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Whenever I watch the packers I'm amazed at how many passes they drop. Including Finely. We got guys who are good at dropping the ball already. I want someone with sure hands. Based on the cash he wants and attitude etc, I'd say no and look elsewhere.

Bennett and Keller are the two guys i like way more and for a lot less then Finley.

Bennett seems to have gotten a little more humble once he left the drama of Big D.

Keller i wanted so bad in the draft when the Jets jumped up and took him just before us!

I actually really wanted Bennett in the draft...Turns out your instincts were better in this case... Keller looks pretty darn good when healthy.

IMO, Bennett has been a huge disappointment in the NFL. He stunk with Dallas, and despite ok production with Manning, he was VERY inconsistent on the Giants. Manning LOVES his TE's and Bennett should have been able to do much more. He drops a lot of balls, and runs sloppy routes. I don't think he's at all better than Chandler.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

No way. I'd take Bennett, Davis or Walker over Finley.

Now TE is an area where they should spend some FA $$. Generally, they can be had for reasonable money and can be valuable to a young QB.

If Buffalo is a West Coast Offense, does this change the kind of TE you want. Might a James Casey/Dorin Dickerson type be more valuable in such a system? Or do you still want/need a Gronk-type?