Tyler Bray - QB - Tennessee

Look at Cam Newton's troubles, caught cheating on collage tests and was forced to leave college because of it, stole a laptop ETC. PFW http://www.al.com/sp...s_scathing.html

http://forums.twobil...155711-qb-talk/

I think you're being a little hard on Cam for cheating on those tests...have you ever tried cutting out all kinds of magazine pictures and arranging them on posterboard with a glue stick??? I think not.

J/k

Edited by BringBackFergy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some people are way underestimating the douchebag factor. How many douches succeed in the NFL? JP Losman was hated by his teammates, see Troy Vincent. Jay Cutler has been to the playoffs once and has already been traded once. Jeff George never lived up to his potential because of his attitude. Leaf, Vince Young, etc. If your teammates hate you, they won't battle for you.

And if I could get past his attitude for his talent, this is my final strike against him. Worst. Tattoo. Ever.

tylerbraybacktat.jpg

Not so bad.....if he did it himself :w00t:

I think some people are way underestimating the douchebag factor. How many douches succeed in the NFL? JP Losman was hated by his teammates, see Troy Vincent. Jay Cutler has been to the playoffs once and has already been traded once. Jeff George never lived up to his potential because of his attitude. Leaf, Vince Young, etc. If your teammates hate you, they won't battle for you.

And if I could get past his attitude for his talent, this is my final strike against him. Worst. Tattoo. Ever.

tylerbraybacktat.jpg

You make a strong argument.

Some of these guys shake themselves.

Numerous people here point to Jim Kelly as a person who was most likely a Class I, A-hole who reformed himself.

But your point is well taken.

tylerbraybacktat.jpg

Is that really his tattoo? If so, I'm officially off the Tyler Bray bandwagon. Which I've been on. And I agree with you, but I was never aware of Losman being a douche (he seemed a little cheesy but harmless). I always thought he was a pretty nice guy. Where are you getting this from? All indications are that Bray is a dick. Cutler is obviously a dick. Not sure it's fair to put Losman in that category.

Is that really his tattoo? If so, I'm officially off the Tyler Bray bandwagon. Which I've been on. And I agree with you, but I was never aware of Losman being a douche (he seemed a little cheesy but harmless). I always thought he was a pretty nice guy. Where are you getting this from? All indications are that Bray is a dick. Cutler is obviously a dick. Not sure it's fair to put Losman in that category.

I can't stand the fact that this is the year Buddy committed to drafting our franchise QB. We can't get a break! Bray is a tool so let's draft Matt Scott in the 5th, hope Fitz will achieve mediocrity and take value picks in every other round. We sure have enough holes--LB, WR, CB, OL (depth), do I have to go on? Then we can draft another QB next year! Blows, huh?

Edited by biggerdaddynj

Here's your choices at QB

1st rd Geno Smith best combination of ceiling and floor, good odds of a QB who probably won't put a team on his back and carry a team to the SB but like Flacco good enough to get a talented team to the SB

2nd rd Manuel even more upside than Geno Smith but more downside too- poor man's Cam Newton, close but slightly inferior to Newton in most combine tests - on the plus side he has longer arms and bigger hands and from interviews is more intelligent than Newton - it would be nice though if he had a little more of Newton's swagger

3rd rd Bray some of the prettiest throws I've ever seen and some of the worst throws I've ever seen - if he had his best moments 75-80% of the time instead of 45-50% of the time and Bray could be a top 5 QB- religion? meditation? Adderall? if someone could fix what's upstairs this kid could be great but more likely out of the NFL in 3 years.

FWIW, Bucky thinks Bray could be "the steal of the 2013 draft" and thinks the Bills would be a good fit for him:

http://www.nfl.com/c...-as-bigarmed-qb

Tyler Bray might be the most gifted passer in the 2013 NFL Draft, but teams haven't viewed him as a legitimate franchise-caliber quarterback due to his prickly personality and adolescent ways. However, coaches and scouts are reconsidering their respective opinions on Bray after seeing the Tennessee star light up passing drills over the past few days at the NFL Scouting Combine. Bray has been one of the most impressive throwers in Indy, showing outstanding arm strength, velocity and touch on a variety of throws to wide receivers, tight ends and running backs. From high-arcing tosses to vertical throws to lasers on intermediate routes, Bray has the capacity to hit receivers in strides at every distance. Furthermore, he showed the ability to change speeds and trajectories on his throws depending on the circumstance.

When I looked at Bray's film from the fall, I believed he was a gifted passer with A-plus arm talent. He showed the capacity to make all of the throws from the pocket with zip and velocity. Although his ball placement and accuracy fluctuates due to his sloppy footwork and fundamentals, Bray's ability to make tight-window throws separates him from others at the position. Additionally, Bray is one of the few quarterbacks in the draft with experience playing in a pro-style offense that featured traditional drops from under center, quick throws from the shotgun and pistol, and play-action passes from two-back formations. Given the importance NFL coaches place on playing the game effectively from the pocket, Bray's game is ideally suited for Sundays.

Yep that's what I said, hope we draft him and he gets his "personality" together because he has as much talent as Dan Marino.

Naa, the stuff he did was minor kids stuff no where near the real problems some players face, drugs, arrests, DUI's, suspensions.

Bray was caught playing chicken on a jet ski,and throwing beer bottles at a parked car...oooh send him to prison now! <_<

http://www.govolsxtr...boating-charge/

Look at Cam Newton's troubles, caught cheating on collage tests and was forced to leave college because of it, stole a laptop ETC. PFW http://www.al.com/sp...s_scathing.html

I like Bray a bunch, and hope he gets a shot with a solid team

http://forums.twobil...155711-qb-talk/

yep total gangster :pirate:

and he should get a shot with us.

My son knows the some of the coaching staff there ( He coaches in North Carolina) and spoke with some Tenn. coaches about Bray at an all-star game in Florida.Even their own coaching staff were talking trash about what a "dick" he is. Not the things that got him in trouble but just how rude he is with support staff and fellow students. However, we aren't electing a Pope but I would think twice if his own people aren't on his side (privately at least). But we need a QB

Jim Kelley was a dick to so ...

Bucky Brooks is an expert in being a drama queen and not much more.

The passing drills in the combine are probably the silliest event in the combine. It makes zero sense.

Tyler Bray didn't look good when he played on Saturdays.

He is only a "steal" if you get him on Day 3 where he probably should be drafted.

Here's your choices at QB

1st rd Geno Smith best combination of ceiling and floor, good odds of a QB who probably won't put a team on his back and carry a team to the SB but like Flacco good enough to get a talented team to the SB

2nd rd Manuel even more upside than Geno Smith but more downside too- poor man's Cam Newton, close but slightly inferior to Newton in most combine tests - on the plus side he has longer arms and bigger hands and from interviews is more intelligent than Newton - it would be nice though if he had a little more of Newton's swagger

I don't think Manuel will be available in rd 2. QB's are just too inflated in the draft and Manuel fits the mold of the new style QB that teams are willing to take a chance on. Honestly, I don't think he'll have much success in the NFL, but IF he still happened to be there in the 2nd the Bills should take him. With that pick he's definitely worth the risk.

While I don't have rock solid faith in him, I also think the Bills need to (and will) strongly consider Barkley at 8. I can't say enough how much having one of the worst coaches in all of college football crapped on Barkley's progress as a QB. He has legit talent and a good coach can get some great football out of him.

Oh, and Bray is garbage.

Edited by Faustus

All of the descriptions of this kind remind me of Jim Kelly when he first got here. Great player, but he was a cocky a-hole. The questions for me is whether the kid is smart enough and works hard enough to be a great player on the field. Most that other stuff will clear itself up with maturity.

That being said, I know nothing about this kid so I have no clue whether or not we should draft him.

While Brooks says in the OP article that Bray could be the steal of the draft and he would be a good fit for the buffalo Bills.

Brooks mock draft on NFL.com site has the Bills selecting Mike Glennon at #8

"The Bills could elect to take a wide receiver or inside linebacker, but nabbing a franchise-caliber quarterback is GM Buddy Nix's priority in this draft. Although Glennon is a limited athlete prone to making mistakes under duress, he is an A-plus arm talent with tremendous potential."

http://www.nfl.com/d...y-brooks/165102

Glennon has a more refined throwing motion then Bray, but both are sorta statues that will require a lot of protection. The way I see it is the Bills @ #8 could use another solid O tackle, a LBer, a WR, a QB.

Please lord, no more DB's, 30 DB's drafted the last 20 years and where has that gotten them? Only 4 QB's taken in that time, and only one QB taken in the first round

Edited by FeartheLosing

tylerbraybacktat.jpg

Tom Brady is King of the Douches. Just saying.

Found this about Dan Marino...

"Marino's stock keeps dropping. Some scouts don't like his attitude. One says: He has no throwing motion, he is very immature. I don't think he is a top prospect. Is very raw but has a lot of physical tools."

I wonder how those morons feel about him now!

Modesto Bee look at Daryl Tally ranked as the top OLBer :worthy:

Palm Beach Post

Dan Marino was the last QB taken in the first round because there were rumors about alleged drug use, bad attitude, too cocky

rumored drug use

It’s not uncommon in the weeks leading up to NFL drafts that we read and hear rumors — factual, fictional or somewhere in between — that affect a player’s draft stock.

A prime example of this came back in 1983, when rumors of recreational drug use led to Dan Marino not getting drafted until the 27th pick (and the sixth quarterback taken). Even then Steelers coach Chuck Noll admitted years later the team was scared off by the rumors. We’ll never know to what extent the Marino rumors were true, but he went on to become an NFL Hall of Famer.

If Bray is still there in the 3rd I would take a gamble on him there, no sooner. That is the round I would select my QB. Next year is the year to do what it takes to get the franchise QB, the talent is actually there. No QB in the first. If Smith or Barkley were there in the 2nd I would take one of them, but that would be an absolute miracle. BPA in round 1 or trade back in the 1st for another 2nd round pick. WR or LB in 2nd, if not chosen in the 1st. The 2nd round talent this year is almost as good as most of the 1st round talent outside the top 5.