Should we trade for Ryan Mallett?

freester

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd do it. He's essentially a more seasoned prospect, with the benefit of studying a couple years under Brady. If you put him in the draft, he'd probably be a first rounder.

Question is, would the Pats actually make that trade inside of their own division?

Of course they would make the trade inside the division. Remember Drew Bledsoe, that didn't work out so well for us but it did for the pats

He is available for a 2nd round pick according to Greg Bedard. He has some experience and a big arm. He may be a better option than this years rookies.

If true, this tells me two things:

- The Pats* don't believe he is good enough to take the reins from Brady in 2-3 years (I don't believe Brady will play till he is 40)

- The Pats* will be drafting Brady's replacement over the next couple of drafts

Either way, I have no way to peg a value to Mallett right now despite him having 'learned under Brady'. Also, his past problems concern me mildly.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Why would they trade a guy they thought was good, to the Bills? At this point, why would the Bills send picks to the Pats?

I'd be willing to bet that a Ryan Mallett quarterbacked team will NEVER beat a Belichick coached team. Ever.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Mike Lombardi of the Browns was interested in trading for Mallett. He has a close relatiionship with BB and he wasn't quite sold on Weeden. The Browns don't have a second round pick to trade so if they make a deal it probably will be for a third round pick or a pick in another year.

Would I want the Bills to make a deal with the Pats? I'm not sure. It seems everytime we deal with BB he fleeces us.

How many times can these ridiculous threads pop-up? The guy has done NOTHING to think he's worth anything, and people are willing to give up a 2nd round pick for him? LOL!

Would you consider a third or fourth round pick for him?

Mike Lombardi of the Browns was interested in trading for Mallett. He has a close relatiionship with BB and he wasn't quite sold on Weeden. The Browns don't have a second round pick to trade so if they make a deal it probably will be for a third round pick or a pick in another year.

Would I want the Bills to make a deal with the Pats? I'm not sure. It seems everytime we deal with BB he fleeces us.

Lombardi was never interested in trading for Mallett. A guy who has a stat line that reads 1-for-4 for 17 yards and a TD has no trade value.

awesome..............he's a bum because he's only attempted 4 passes?

the bills FO has bungled the qb in the draft option for years..........lets not go back and fix one of those errors.

lot of soothsayers in here. some of this fortune telling should be put to good use go tell OBD who to draft with the #8 pick.