That contract of Fitzpatrick's is killing us.

Tipster19

Who in the world structured that !@#$ing ****!!!! Who?! Who?! Who??!!! That's the SOB should get his ass booted right out of town, especially that we use the "cash to cap" !@#$ing theory! !@#$ that ****, let's spend Ralph's money while he's still around, he can't take it with him and I bet that if we ever won a stinking freaking Super Bowl while he was still alive he'd get over dropping the big duckies for a championship team. Matter of fact give me his checkbook and tell Ralphie that there's a HUGE (that's right, I work for Fuccillo Kia down here in Florida) bingo game going on up in Canada, I'll get this **** handled by the weekend.

While I'm at it I'm gonna get Landry & Bell in addition to re-signing Byrd, Levitre and McKelvin. That's right bitches, we're going to have the baddest ass secondary in the league, coupled with a pissed off Mario. Throw in the 2 beasts (Williams & Dareus)that we have in the middle and we have the recipe for a dynasty type defense if we can just draft the **** out of LBs. Btw, if that Anderson doesn't get his **** together then I'm gonna boot his ass off the team also, we don't need this ****, either play or beat it.

Now for QB, what the gum are we going to do here??!!! If Fitzpatrick doesn't restructure then we should just drag his furry little ass down to Town Square and flog the **** out of him and then boot him too, just for principle. Teach his ass for throwing all those red zone picks last year. Jerk! I don't want to interrupt this post/rant and risk losing it because I'm doing it off an IPhone and it's been pretty torturous composing it and I'm rolling pretty good right now but I'm gonna check New Orleans' roster and see if there isn't something that we scrape out of there for some kind of decent back-up QB. Hopefully they'll be franchise friendly because of Marrone, Maroon or whatever the fuk his name is! He's got to be good for something, right??!

Anyhoo, I better get going because today is my birthday and I got **** to do but I just want to say that this is one of the best I ever gotten myself, ranting on this putrid !@#$ing franchise that's been breaking my balls for the last 13 !@#$ing years. Btw, don't say anything to Ralphie Boy or Russie Pooh about this yet, I'm gonna sneak up on the old boy during nap time and rob his wallet. Come Monday there will be a new sheriff in town and his name is Sheriff !@#$ing Kick-Ass, I'm done with this ****!

The Billls have had one of the larger payrolls in the league the last few years, but why let facts get in the way of a good rant?

The problem isn't so much the amount of money given out but how wisely it has been spent. The Fitz issue was bungled from the start on a variety of levels. The most important issue is that Fitz wasn't ever a credible franchise qb. There was a gross misjudment on his talent level. Following that bad judgment was the contract that he received. If Fitz was an average starting contract then his contract would be reasonable. But he isn't even what I would call an average starting qb. He is simply a backup caliber of qb. So the bottom line is that you are investing in Fitz as if he is a mid-level starting qb. The outcome is that you are not coming close to receiving value from him. The fault lies with the GM whose responsibility is to manage the roster and the cap.

Sometimes you have to overpay to attract or retain talent. If the player is a major contributor then sometimes overypaing is understandable. But in the Fitz case the GM and the HC (hired by the GM) made a bad judgment on a player and compounded it with giving him a contract far beyond his talent level. What makes the situation even worse is that the GM had the leverage with this qb in his contract negotiations. If Fitz threatened to walk who would take him at the price he wanted? No one would have been so foolish to offer him anything close to the contract that the befuddled GM unnecessarily gave him. A generous year to year contract would have made more sense than a multi-year deal for him. In that way if you found an option at the qb position then you wouldn't be tied down by an onerous contract.

Apparently some people hold grudges against columnists who aren't all rainbows and unicorns over their favorite (generally losing) sports team. :lol:

I hear ya... :thumbsup:

I'm just wondering at this point who the fug cares what Sullivan thought the Bills should do with Fitz...OK he was wrong...He's wrong, and right, about a lot of things...It's his job to have an opinion on everything the Bills do, or should do, or will do...Whatever...But is it not a LOT more important that the Bills, and specifically Nix, were wrong? B-)

So is Mario Williams. His HISTORIC contract yielded a whopping 10.5 sacks (tied for 17th in the NFL). Who's overpaid again? :bag:

So, by your logic, a team is only allowed one horrendous deal? Just because Mario is overpaid, it doesn't mean Fitz isn't as well.