Which QB-WR combination do you draft?

Astrobot

Keep in mind you aren't drafting defense in the RD you take these, because it matters.

Tyler Bray RD3---------Cordarrelle Patterson RD1, Tennessee
Geno Smith RD1-------Tavon Austin RD2, West Virginia
Mike Glennon RD2,----(TJ Graham, on roster) North Carolina State
Tyler Wilson RD1------Cobi Hamilton RD4, Arkansas
E.J. Manuel RD2/3-----Rodney Smith RD5, Fla. State
Matt Barkley RD1------Robert Woods RD2, USC
Ryan Nassib RD2/3---Alec Lemon RD6, Syracuse

Edited by Astrobot

I think the Bills will be trying very hard to get Alex Smith and draft Cordarrelle Patterson at #8. I assume that they would then draft a rookie QB like Nassib or Dysert in the 3rd or 4th round. Seems they will be bolstering their defense with ex-Jets and free agents.

In the "non-Alex Smith" scenario, I like...Cordarrelle Patterson (1st rd), EJ Manuel (2nd rd).

With Alex Smith/Patterson/Spiller/Johnson and maybe add a top tight end in the second? Wow...the Bills just might have something brewing to actually contest the AFC East.

Keep in mind you aren't drafting defense in the RD you take these, because it matters.

Tyler Bray ------ Cordarelle Patterson

I like Matt Barkley in RD1

Make a splash with a veteran WR in FA

Best LB on the Board in RD2

I think this is brilliant. WR's usually take a while to acclimate to the NFL. A rookie QB, playing behind a pretty good O-line, needs to have impact skill players ready - Spiller, Jackson, Johnson - and I hope Keller and maybe a Louis Murphy, or one of the Saints FA's.

Any option with Geno Smith in it wins by a landslide (IMO)

The whole landscape will change after FA. I think a guy like Alex Smith for instance is going to be let go, because no one is going to be willing to give up anything for him. The Jets are in salary cap hell as are other teams. Some FAs will be available and that will change needs during the draft. Who knows how things will work out. We may get a QB, LB, WR or TE in FA. Maybe a couple of players. Then Draft day will be all about BPA.

Any option with Geno Smith in it wins by a landslide (IMO)

Me too. Geno and tavon would be amazing IMO. While I would like to address the LB position in rd 1 or 2, I'd be giddy with those 2 guys. Our offense could be special with the right play calling. I don't think we would take a little guy like Austin though.

Tyler Bray ------ Cordarelle Patterson

Bray won't make it out of the 2nd round, and it might be dreaming to think the Bills could get these two. Will they finally go heavy on offense?

Gailey was a supposed offensive guru, and yet it seems like all the bills did was draft for the pathetic defense. Which unbelievably somehow managed to become worse with a renowned DC and 100 million dollar DE.

No idea if the Bills go offense or defense this year. They need LBers, WR's QB. TE, O line, and CB because 2011 #2 pick Aaron Williams sucks. The man who choose Williams is going to pick the next franchise QB?

Gailey was a supposed offensive guru, and yet it seems like all the bills did was draft for the pathetic defense. Which unbelievably somehow managed to become worse with a renowned DC and 100 million dollar DE.

No idea if the Bills go offense or defense this year. They need LBers, WR's QB. TE, O line, and CB because 2011 #2 pick Aaron Williams sucks. The man who choose Williams is going to pick the next franchise QB?

Yeah - except they haven't picked a LB higher than round 3 since Poz, and LB's are the core of a defense, especially the run defense, sooooo...

Also I think we've heard enough slip out between the lines that Pettine and the rest of the NFL were basically lauighing at what a lousy job Wannstadt was doing with his "simple" defense. Every other comment has hinted that the talent on defense was poorly utilized and talking about how you have to confuse the good QB's with disguised defenses.

I'm going with this assuming they get Smith or even Matt Moore and draft the best available LB in RD1. I don't love breaking the draft trying to grab a "maybe-type" QB this year, much as the current situation pains me. Manuel has a huge upside - I'd rather take my gamble in round 2 (no way he makes it to round 3 though).

Edited by BobChalmers