BREAKING: Bills release Nick Barnett

SBUffalo

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

George Wilson just got cut also. When is the Teflon don Chris Kelsey gonna get cut. We can save another 5mil on the cap

i wonder due to his injury they have to wait

Say hello to Manti T'eo.

not happening

I like it. New staff watched the tapes and decided Wilson and Barnett either didn't fit or were done. That said both seemed like good guys I wish them the best

Step 1. Great move. Dude had to go.

It's not a new hole to fill. He needed to be replaced whether he was on the roster or not.

I agree that he should be replaced, but it is a new hole to fill, because with the current roster we have he would of been a starter.

last season nick hit the wall harder than amanda bynes hits cop cars

yes thats the second time ive used that joke. its a good one and i didnt even get one measely lol before. so im gonna keep using it until one of you ungrateful bastards gives me a lol. and it better be a real one, no fake lols, you dont necessarily have to give me a rofl or lmao unless you want to but i do require at least a real lol

First I LOL and then I was ROFL and when I looked down I had LMAO!

Wow!. You suck. You're gone. That's actually different.

I must say it's a good sign. If they answer this with releasing Fitz and signing Byrd and Levitre, I will be pleased.

I agree that he should be replaced, but it is a new hole to fill, because with the current roster we have he would of been a starter.

Being a player who is a hole on the field is worse that knowing you have to fill that hole. Barnett is done.

I was hoping a good DC would bring out a "better Barnett". Guess not. Thanks for the one god season Nick ad good luck to ya.

The better Barnett played a two or more years ago. The current one needs to retire.

One more hole to fill?

Barnett's play already represented a gaping hole in the defense. Keeping or releasing him had no impact on the size of the hole, but releasing him did give them more options and money to fill it with.

Edited by BobChalmers

The better Barnett played a two or more years ago. The current one needs to retire.

Barnett's play already represented a gaping hole in the defense. Keeping or releasing him had no impact on the size of the hole, but releasing him did give them more options and money to fill it with.

I'll steal one of my favorite Scout comments of all time...Nick Barnett is slower than a lily-pad on pond water... B-)

Axing the top 2 tacklers (Barnett 112, Wilson 104)? Very interesting. Bills are not deep at LB. I look for them to draft at least LB (2) and sign SS free agent. Searcy gets his shot to start. Wiil youth and speedl be the hall mark of the new defense? Something to ponder.

As I was just telling a friend, Barnett and Wilson were the two leading tacklers on the Bills defense last year. Also, they are the ONLY two buffalo players in the top 40 of all NFL players last year in tackles (Barnett 29, Wilson 35). And before you say its because they were only getting tackles because they play behind a bad line, everyone on the list was either a LB or a safety. As others have alluded to, I know they were not great last year, but until we have someone to replace them, seems preemptive to let them go. I guess I understand if its a cap issue, but when does the cap need to be settled by?

Oops, just saw nitro's post after I posted mine. sorry to repeat the top tacklers stat

Edited by BillsBackersChicago