Great article ranking free agents..Rotoworld

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would be a beneficiary of Mario Williams and other players on this team. Just like Paup. He was not that great - he just had tremendous talent all around him to let him wreck the offense.

If you believe that, it becomes a production vs cost thing for us. Some team is going to wayyy overpay for him.

Assuming we re-sign Levitre, Bushrod should be easy to grab.

We should also go after Dustin Keller so we can run some of those 2 TE formations that Lou Saban used to befuddle opposing defenses, and that made Jack Kemp such a potent weapon at QB...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

The thing about Avril is that he will cost a lot. I am not sure I want to sink a lot more money in to the DL with Mike Anderson not lasting 1 season, Mario Williams struggling early (though he'll turn around), and other players that are younger and doing o-k.

I would really like him, though.

Assuming we re-sign Levitre, Bushrod should be easy to grab.

We should also go after Dustin Keller so we can run some of those 2 TE formations that Lou Saban used to befuddle opposing defenses, and that made Jack Kemp such a potent weapon at QB...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Bushrod? In what role? As starting LT?

I am most intrigued in Hartline as far as WRs go. Solid campaign this year with an iffy QB. Wallace has attitude issues, Jennings isn't who he used to be, and Bowe is only a year younger than Jennings.

He seems like a decent deep threat, and at least a good number 2 compliment to Stevie.

Edited by ProbablyWrong

Grabbing Bushrod just seems to go well with having Levitre on hand.

Guy's a 2x Pro Bowl LT - was Cordy Glenn all that great in his rookie season?

He was far better than Bushrod during his first 4 seasons. Not to mention he protected Drew Brees. But he'll want $10M/year.

He was far better than Bushrod during his first 4 seasons. Not to mention he protected Drew Brees. But he'll want $10M/year.

Well if it's purely to backup Glenn, then no amount of Levitre can help Bushrod rise in stature.

Guy'll be 29 years old when the season starts - you really think he'll get $10M/year?

(If that's the case, Jason Peters will likely be cut by the Eagles, and may be a better prospect for Cordy Glenn's back-up)

Edited by The Senator

The name that comes to mind is Aqib Talib. He has had a lot of off-field issues, but he is a big, physical, #1 or #1A corner with good ball skills and signing him would be a loss for the Patriots.

Just as importantly, it is time to do things differently at OBD. Drafting a DB with your first pick every 3-4 years hasn't worked. Time to change the approach.

The key is that he needs to come at the discounted rate. This is the first year in A LONG time that there is going to be good value in free agency because there isn't enough cap room around the league to overpay guys and pretty decent depth for teams that do have money to spend. A guy with a history should in theory be getting discounted.....less money and less years. Considering the depth at CB, I think that will be the case.

Great idea!!!

Badol, how would you rate Moore as compared to Fitz in terms of talent, and who is a better fit for this team? Also, do you have any thoughts wrt the qb crop in 2013? I for one am not so high on Tyler Wilson. I tried to get excited about Glennon but it didn't work, and don't know enough about Smith or Nassib to make a pertinent comment.

Klein is hard to rate. He can run, and even seems to be able to throw some, But his motion is very odd. It seems as if he pushes the ball, and this can't work in the pros. Can a motion be radically changed? How is the kid from Tennessee?

PS: I truly hope that we keep Levitre. Imo he is a great guard in this league given the rule changes.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Well if it's purely to backup Glenn, then no amount of Levitre can help Bushrod rise in stature.

Guy'll be 29 years old when the season starts - you really think he'll get $10M/year?

(If that's the case, Jason Peters will likely be cut by the Eagles, and may be a better prospect for Cordy Glenn's back-up)

I can see him getting at least $9M/year, given he's made the Pro Bowl the last 2 seasons. And even though he's 29, his first 2 seasons he barely saw the field.